Apple | News

Blogger Jason Calacanis Reveals Apple Tablet Details

Calacanis

Blogger and entrepreneur Jason Calacanis claims he's been beta testing the Apple Tablet for two weeks, and last night spilled a bunch of details on Twitter, saying his NDA was over.

More of his Tweets, AFTER THE JUMP...

Calacanis2

Calacanis3

Comments

1. Bullshit.

He can't show the device or tell the name? He'd likely not even KNOW the name! Nor would he have any clue that his is even the final hardware.

I can't wait until he's proven a huge liar today.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 27, 2010 6:49:29 AM

2. Well, it does create buzz, to let him talk about it but not show it. I know that, having read the above, I want to see it.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 27, 2010 6:53:23 AM

3. There's nothing new in his tweets. Most of this information is the same that's already been floating around.

Posted by: Zach | Jan 27, 2010 7:16:01 AM

4. He says he won't break NDA yet blurted all this out? I smell either BS or a moron. But the WAN party gaming is a great idea that never occurred to me. Guess we'll find out in a few hours ...!

Posted by: joe c | Jan 27, 2010 7:16:16 AM

5. I believe him, he is a pretty credible source. Jason is been promoting his show "This Week in Startups", so this buzz puts his name out there. Same as he did with his "auto" twitter account, which you can "follow" for a chance to win a Tesla Model S (in 2012).

Posted by: Rafael | Jan 27, 2010 8:23:32 AM

6. Jason Calacanis is hardly a credible source. He's a giant douchenozzle with a long history of stealing from more popular brands to boost his own products.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 27, 2010 9:06:05 AM

7. I know Jason personally.

I would take this with a huge grain of salt. Jason has a long history of experimenting with Twitter and new media in general. He is also very prone to stirring the pot. He would absolutely do something like this just as an experiment to see what happens.

Posted by: Rich | Jan 27, 2010 9:48:24 AM

8. I just can't be excited about this because if true, Apple letting Calicanis wax on before the thing is launched reeks of the worst in Silicon Valley culture. I expected better from the folks at Apple, and it's so bad that I and others just can't talk about the tablet.

Calacanis is a total attention whore and part of the Silicon Valley douche circuit. In addition to what others are saying above, he's also a notoriously horrible boss who treats his workers like crap. He hasn't had a hit in years (his latest project, Mahalo, isn't going anywhere), and he runs on the fumes of techies who think he's some sort of star, and the nerdy Venture Capitalists who buy his schtick and want to spend their cocktail budget on him.

Sadly, it seems that this post demonstrates a falling for the Calacanis brand of hype/press manipulation by putting his name in the post's title. I expected better from Towleroad, too.

Posted by: Jeffrey Taylor | Jan 27, 2010 9:51:16 AM

9. "I believe him, he is a pretty credible source. Jason is been promoting his show "This Week in Startups", so this buzz puts his name out there."

But he doesn't say anything new. He's the classic oracle: he makes a few vague or already well-known pronouncements that can be easily fulfilled when the truth comes out.

Posted by: Zach | Jan 27, 2010 10:37:28 AM

10. Sweet.

But, I still won't be buying one.

Posted by: S. | Jan 27, 2010 11:34:50 AM