Fred Phelps | Lady Gaga | News | Shirley Phelps-Roper

God Hates Lady Gaga's Whorish Face

Gaga_whorishface

I'd heard the Westboro Baptist Church's rendition of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" last month but hadn't seen the video till this morning. The production values are top-notch.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

You may have missed...
Megan Phelps Wants to Ride on Lady Gaga's Disco Stick [tr]

Comments

1. I hope Lady Gaga sues for copyright infringement...

Posted by: JonBenet | Jan 26, 2010 11:26:00 AM

2. WOW, Andy, how did you find this thing? I am stunned beyond belief. The look of self-righteousness and moral superiority on that crazy bitch's face is really frightening!

Posted by: Ray | Jan 26, 2010 11:28:51 AM

3. Jonbenet, I doubt Lady Gaga would prevail on a copyright infringment suit. This seems like it would fall very easily under fair use.

Anyway I love this video. Say what you want about WBC, but when they start dabbling in high camp, that's okay with me. It seems that Lady Gaga's gay influence is pervading their Church.

Posted by: Eric | Jan 26, 2010 11:36:56 AM

4. Oh my God. The WTC reference at 1:27 made my skin crawl.

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Jan 26, 2010 11:39:43 AM

5. We need to tie the Phelps gang around the necks of every religious organization that works to deny gays equal rights.

Posted by: Ken | Jan 26, 2010 11:40:01 AM

6. This video was just hilarious...I somehow see myself telling friends they got, they got, they got whorish faces. I wonder how much they paid that hobo to sing and dance for them?

Posted by: Trey | Jan 26, 2010 11:40:26 AM

7. I think it would be hilarious for her to use the video in her performances. That would be a good middle finger to these crazies LOL!

Posted by: adam | Jan 26, 2010 12:02:32 PM

8. Disgusting manipulation of real talent in a attempt to justify bigoted evil. Folks, this is what real evil looks like. Oddly, just as their 'Satan' can morph into familiar form to spread it's poison...so, do they.

Posted by: booka | Jan 26, 2010 12:06:23 PM

9. Haha! Nice. I went to youtube to read the comments and while I was at it a little notice popped up saying the video was removed for terms of use violations. For once Youtube does something right!

Posted by: Doof | Jan 26, 2010 12:25:12 PM

10. I don't see the point in publicizing this. It only encourages them. Yes, it's smart to keep tabs on dangerous factions, but they don't deserve the publicity.

Posted by: Scott B. | Jan 26, 2010 12:29:49 PM

11. Oh wow, that video was taken down pretty quickly in the time this article was posted. Somebody must be monitoring the gay sites lol

Posted by: Scott E. | Jan 26, 2010 12:34:31 PM

12. I LOVE IT! That took some serious "skill" to re-write Gaga's lyrics, use a blue screen, and insert 1980's graphics. I laughed the entire time.

Posted by: Giff | Jan 26, 2010 2:05:35 PM

13. It played for me on youtube just now.

Posted by: Ken | Jan 26, 2010 2:35:39 PM

14. This much is true: whoever oversaw this project from the WBC...is SO gay.

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 26, 2010 3:01:03 PM

15. Well, I for one am thankful that SOMEONE finally cleared up who was responsible for 9/11.

Posted by: Mr. E | Jan 26, 2010 3:09:14 PM

16. What's really funny is that this kind of ends up being a tribute to GaGa. You can tell these idiots actually like her music. Keep 'em coming morons.

Posted by: Dave | Jan 26, 2010 4:37:08 PM

17. It must be hard to create something like this that is both horrifying and hysterical at the same time!

Posted by: BCNKC | Jan 26, 2010 5:25:00 PM

18. The one thing I've always said about Westboro is made evident in the video:

They have a LOT of free time.

Posted by: Alexander | Jan 26, 2010 5:53:42 PM

19. Well, Phelps clearly knows her way around After Effects. And they're probably protected by Parody law, so there's no real way Gaga could sue them over this (maybe copyright infringement for the photographs, but that could be argued as fair-use). Depending on the jurisdiction though, the use of a gun and bullet flying at the camera could be prosecuted as a verbal/visual hate crime (the threat of implied violence.)

And the bitch needs voice lessons.

Posted by: Lee | Jan 26, 2010 9:15:24 PM

20. wow
    watching that video westboro and family really need to step up on their humor if they are going to put out prodigies.

besides God doesn't hate Lady Gaga for her sexuality he/she hates her for the songs she makes that you can't get out of your head.

Posted by: gaga lady | Jan 26, 2010 10:21:49 PM

21. Well, she does have a whorish face LOL.

Posted by: Aiden Raccoon | Jan 26, 2010 11:26:07 PM

22. zOMG, this is better than the McCain Girls!

Posted by: KurtTO | Jan 26, 2010 11:26:44 PM

23. Do you know how hard I laughed at the sheer ridiculousness of this? I knew that organised religion could make people a little crazy...but this is just...SILLY! I can't stop laughing, no matter how much I want to be righteous about gay rights and right to self expression, I can't!

Posted by: bree | Jan 28, 2010 11:57:26 PM

24. Was laughing right up until the World Trade Center appeared. Then I stopped.

Posted by: Garçon Stupide | Jan 29, 2010 10:38:31 PM