Comments

1. Larry says

Are there ANY non-hypocritical, honest politicians out there? It just seems like they all feel there’s a separate behavior code for them versus everyone else. How can you not be cynical about politics?

2. Dback says

What’s tragic is Edwards had more authority than almost any other major Democrat besides Bill Clinton to speak about poverty and working-class people’s lives–he grew up in poverty, and worked his way out of it. He’s also incredibly knowledgeable about the job prospects of the South. Now, alas, everything that he ever says is going to be tainted, or dismissed as lies & exaggerations. The tragedy is, he did it to himself. (Why do the Dems always get the sex scandals, and Repubs get unsexy things like arms dealing and kickbacks?)

3. patrick nyc says

‘ It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me.’

That she understands you are a lying whore. The fact that this douche bag could have got the nomination and this could have blown up in his face is disgusting. Had he not run who knows if Hillary would have lost.

4. Pender says

Can’t decide what’s more amazing: that this slimeball tried to become the democratic nominee with this sword of damocles hanging over his head, or that he was one of the top three contenders. Shame on him.

5. Dan says

I can’t believe I’m typing this but I think the National Enquirer should receive a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of this story. They held a Presidential candidate to account, and they did so in face of massive MSM opposition. Had Edwards gotten away with this deception, he might have been VP or AG or who knows. My hat goes off to the Enquirer folks.

6. BradK says

Lest we not forget that he also opposes Marriage Equality. While it’s OK for him to commit adultery, father an illegitimate child, then lie about it for a year, our families still don’t count.

Slick Willie, meet Slick Johnny.