Pope Says Gays Endanger Humanity

Pope

In a statement linked to the Portuguese parliament's recent approval of marriage equality, Pope Benedict says that ignoring the difference between the sexes is an attack on creation, the AFP reports:

"Creatures, including humans, 'can be protected or endangered', the pope, 82, told the Vatican diplomatic corps in a traditional January address focusing mainly on environmental issues.' One such attack comes from laws or proposals which, in the name of fighting discrimination, strike at the biological basis of the difference between the sexes,' he said, citing 'certain countries in Europe or North and South America'.

Portugal's parliament last Friday approved plans to legalise gay marriage, and a final vote could occur before a visit by the pope in May.

Also last week, two men became the first homosexual couple to legally marry in Latin America, in the southern Argentine province of Ushuaia. 'Freedom cannot be absolute,' the pontiff said. 'For man, the path to be taken cannot be determined by caprice or wilfulness, but must rather correspond to the structure willed by the Creator,' he said."

Comments

1. says

I’ve never officially left the Church. Can I vote to impeach the pope? Or say a rosary or two? My god, the man is a fucking idiot.

*is it bad I smiled when I saw the news he was attacked on TV?

2. says

I’m not being mean when I ask this. I seriously want an answer.

Can someone please tell me what the Pope has ever done or accomplished in regards to making the world a better place? For example, Oprah built a school for girls in Africa. What has the pope ever done?

Please, someone tell me!

3. James says

From an external perspective this must be hilarious.

An 82 year old man in a dress is prescribing who should and shouldn’t get married based on the possibility of endangering a race that is so heavily over populated that we are killing all other species around us just to survive?

Makes total sense to me.

4. Rovex says

See whats so odd about these statements is that they never quantify their claims. How much does homosexuality ‘endanger humanity’? How much of an effect does it have on population? What population does the pope think the earth should have? 1Billion? 10.. 100??
    Calling him a Nazi (which he is) doesnt work, challenge him on facts and ask for specifics, thats when he will fall down.

5. Landon Bryce says

Gee, the former Nazi putting the most effort into excusing general guilt for the Holocaust hates me. Seeing as the Vatican is still shielding child rapists and excommunicating people for performing abortions that save the lives of nine-year-olds carrying twins after being raped by their Catholic stepfathers, this evil old man is in no shape to be lecturing anyone on morality.

I think Pope Joey the Rat will ultimately prove to be the best thing ever to happen to the criminal conspiracy he runs. He is so transparently lacking any moral or human virtues that he helps destroy his wicked Church every day, by doing things like this. Or putting that other Nazi Pope, Pius, on the fact track to sainthood before the Vatican archive for World War II is open.

6. Brian says

Please remember Alfredo Ormando, an Italian writer, who burned himself alive in Saint Peter’s Square, in Vatican City on 13 January 1998, in protest against the Roman Catholic Church’s policy of condemning homosexual acts as sinful. In 11 years we have gone from being sinners to those that endanger humanity.

7. Al James says

This photo shows 3 guys wearing dresses! WTF?
    It cracks me up, except for the hundreds of people getting beaten up or killed every week, due to these tyrant’s stupid comments. I’m totally fed up with this religious stupidity.
    PS: We are making great strides in the Prop. 8 trial, starting today!

8. sfikus says

‘For man, the path to be taken cannot be determined by caprice or wilfulness, but must rather correspond to the structure willed by the Creator,’

Truer words were never spoken – although it’s clear he has no grasp of the true meaning of his own words, or that this monstrous, fearful papist demagoguery has absolutely nothing to do with the will of the Creator.

9. Jim says

Observe His Laciness the Pope in his natural habitat. Taking a biological cue from the peacocks and bower birds, he has adorned himself lavishly and built an irresistible marble and gilded abode in hopes of attracting …. uh… the … uh… female of the species. Wait. Strike that. Make that “object of his affection.”

10. Another Other says

I would guess that ‘homosexuals’ don’t reproduce is what endangers humanity. But, in theory, neither do nuns or priests…therefore, priests and nuns endanger humanity. I guess that would include the head priest as well.

11. stephen says

I think non-heterosexuals feel/have felt much more endangered by the Katholic Khurch Kulture than vice versa.

They are a religious mafia that should be reviled, not respected… what-SO-ever!!!

12. Tim says

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that the Pope is saying that gay people are a danger to humanity because they do not procreate (One such attack comes from laws or proposals which, in the name of fighting discrimination, strike at the biological basis of the difference between the sexes,’).
    The relatively few straight priests aside, the irony is staggering.

13. walter says

Once a nazis always a nazis. this man has always believed that telling people what to think is okay. he just going along with hitlers teaching hate anyone who is different they make easy targets the woman should have had more luck than just knocking him down

14. John says

The Roman Catholic Church is irrelevant. As for which Pope was more homophobic, remember, Ratzi wrote the stuff that JPII put out like his statement on gay marriage.

Makes me sick.

15. TANK says

This hate rhetoric just encourages homphobia and hate crimes. It keeps the gay teen suicide rate high. My only regret is that there isn’t a hell for this person to spend a good amount of time reflecting on how horribly immoral he is. But alas, there isn’t, nor heaven. Well, not my only regret…my other regret is that that crazed woman didn’t crack his elderly skull wide open, and spill his diseased brains out all over the marble floor of the vatican.

16. nic says

it’s a shame that the crazy woman who knocked that old relic down didn’t kill him, also. the catholic church is a joke. the good thing for us is that they are not in on it.

17. Marlon says

Well, he’s already had 3 strokes, maybe that explains why his brain doesn’t work that well anymore.

It also means he won’t spew this bullshit for more then maybe 5 years.

18. EdA says

I’m certainly going to be convinced by the guy who heads an organization controlled only by men who have rejected all forms of human sexuality for themselves except for statutory rape.

19. Alain says

If the purpose of marriage was having children and raising them properly, only those capable of procreating would have the right to marry and if after a while married people did not have children, their marriage would be annuled.

This not being the case, marriage is thus a fiscal and social benefit gimmick that should not be limited to men and women as couples. Churches have the right to define who should marry religiously, after all some people worship Elvis or the Sun. But no state should prevent people of the same sex to legalize a bond they consider essential,