Alfred Baldasaro | Gay Adoption | Gay Marriage | New Hampshire | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Bigot NH Rep. Alfred Baldasaro Says State Sold Kids for $10K to Gay Couples Wanting to Adopt

Baldasaro

Last Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee in New Hampshire heard testimony on  B1590, a bill to repeal marriage equality laws, and CACR28, a constitutional amendment to override marriage equality laws.

One of those who spoke was Rep. Alfred Baldasaro (R-Londonderry) who first expressed anger about homosexuality in general:

"So because I disagree on something that's pushed down my throat, I'm supposed to roll over because, representative, you think it's normal? I'm sorry you got the wrong person."

Baldasaro then blasted statements that the state might be discriminating by denying rights to gay couples:

"What about [laws] being disrespectful to sister-sister that love each other, sister-brother, sister-mom, incest, it's in there. Aren't we discriminating against all them? What about the Muslims, now? Everyone's praising the Muslims that are killin' us. What about them? They want three, four wives..."

Finally, he ranted about gays being able to adopt:

"I wanted to make sure everyone understood here, that this legislature sold the rights of $10,000 per kid under title 4E, when they said that homosexual couples, not married, can adopt...So we sold each kid to a homosexual couple that's not married, for $10,000."

Watch the video of Baldasaro, AFTER THE JUMP...

Buckley Ray Buckley, the openly gay Chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party, has called on Baldasaro to resign:

Rep. Baldasaro's remarks have no place in New Hampshire and certainly not from a state elected official. He needs to immediately apologize for his outrageous statement. And his Londonderry colleague House Minority Leader Rep. Sherman Packard, as well as Deputy Minority Leader Rep. David Hess of Hooksett and Republican 16th District Senate candidate Rep. David Boutin of Hooksett should denounce these ridiculously hateful remarks and demand his resignation.

The Granite State is a place where people of different backgrounds are accepted, not discriminated against based on their, race, gender, or sexual orientation. To make such an ignorant comment is an embarrassment to his party, his office, and to our state. Republican legislative leaders should take swift and determined action against Rep. Baldasaro.

Baldasaro responded to Buckley:

When reached Monday Baldasaro said he stands by his comment and that Buckley "can kiss my ass."

..."Why wouldn't I put it out there? I stand by the statement and I have nothing to hide. It is the truth and it is my right to free speech," he said.

Watch the video of Baldasaro, AFTER THE JUMP...

Baldasaro starts at about :20)

Comments

1. Oftentimes have wondered if these ignorant bigots realize how imbecilic they are?

Posted by: Arturo Beeche | Jan 25, 2010 7:27:23 PM

2. Wow, I'd hate to hear what he thinks of Blacks, Jews and strong women.

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Jan 25, 2010 7:44:56 PM

3. You'll never hear him express his true feelings about anyother minority group because they would have the balls to do something about removing him from office.

Posted by: lucifer | Jan 25, 2010 8:08:38 PM

4. It's very clear where this man is coming from. I'm shocked at the level of animosity in his voice. The man is just unprofessional and does not belong in politics in any way, shape or form. I'm also having a little difficulty believing that no one in his community knew about the passage of the marriage equality. Londonderry is a small community, but it's just outside of the largest city in NH and the majority of townsfolk work either in Manchester, Concord or Boston. Clearly, his attempt to blow smoke up everyone's ass isn't gaining him any sympathy to his cause!

Posted by: Barry Farrington | Jan 25, 2010 8:32:42 PM

5. Stick a fork in him.

And twist it.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 25, 2010 9:01:00 PM

6. Wait a minute. How is a bill passed by the legislature and signed by the governor tantamount to having something "pushed down my throat"? Someone send this elected official back to high school civics class...

Posted by: Gianpiero | Jan 25, 2010 9:54:42 PM

7. wow, i can feel the hate. His committment to the citizenry sounds more like "i'll uphold the laws i believe in, and protect people like me, so help me god"

I'd like to meet HIM face to face.

Posted by: Grego | Jan 25, 2010 9:57:35 PM

8. Email: al.baldasaro@leg.state.nh.us

Flood his office with messages.

Posted by: KFLO | Jan 25, 2010 10:59:13 PM

9. "shoved down my throat" "I won't roll over" "kiss my ass"

It's a pity Freud didn't live to see this one...

Posted by: BobN | Jan 26, 2010 12:34:35 AM

10. Gay rights campaigner Nikolai Alexeyev reaffirmed that plans for this year's gay pride parade will go ahead despite the ban.

Posted by: buy r4i | Jan 26, 2010 1:01:16 AM

11. I'm from Londonderry, and I am ashamed. People in Londonderry are educated in general though, and I don't see them reelecting a man who embarrasses them with his ignorance, even if they do oppose gay marriage. I'll make sure to campaign against him in the next election.

Posted by: Clarin | Jan 26, 2010 1:14:15 AM

12. No disrespect? FUCK YOU

Posted by: Jesus | Jan 26, 2010 1:40:43 AM

13. Urm, ahem, sorry, I was gagging.

Posted by: Jesus | Jan 26, 2010 3:17:26 AM

14. Bigot heads are beginning to explode.

Posted by: Wes | Jan 26, 2010 10:01:09 AM

15. "No disrespect," and "no offense," to some people, means, "I've just said some really offensive stuff, but you're now forbidden from holding it against me because I tossed in these meaningless two words."

I've got two words in respons, Mr. Baldasero...

Posted by: DN | Jan 26, 2010 10:47:42 AM

16. Another proud graduate of the Archie Bunker School of Public Policy.

Posted by: Hunter | Jan 26, 2010 11:48:32 AM

17. ATTA BOY ALp

Posted by: Greg | Jan 27, 2010 4:32:26 PM

18. Well I guess the people of Londonderry love him, and his politics because he topped the ticket by several hundred more votes than all those running. Go Al Go!

Posted by: Betty Ryan | Sep 30, 2010 12:01:35 PM