Hockey | News | Olympics | Sidney Crosby

Canadian Hockey's Olympic Hero Sidney Crosby's Beefcake Shot

Crosby1

Originally posted on Towleroad back in October of 2005, I figured, given the fact that Crosby scored the winning shot in tonight's epic Olympic Gold Medal hockey victory, that this could use a reprise. Enjoy.

One more shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Crosby2

Comments

1. I remember looking at that photo and thinking "I need to work out more." It's been four years?! I want to cry.

Posted by: Robert | Feb 28, 2010 7:01:21 PM

2. GO CANADA GO! So proud to be Canadian right now and a lot of it is thanks to this sexy man!! You should post more hockey photos, Andy :)

Posted by: Allan | Feb 28, 2010 7:01:24 PM

3. I live 20 miles from the Canadian border and watched the game with growing excitment for Canada. While I would have enjoyed a US win, if only for the fact the US coach just lost his gay son in an automobile accident, I think it was very fitting to see Canada win! Tonight I am Canadian!

Posted by: Mark | Feb 28, 2010 7:27:35 PM

4. So happy for Canada also :) Been pulling for them as a US fan the whole way through. Crosby's fantastic!

Posted by: JD | Feb 28, 2010 7:39:25 PM

5. @Mark
    Well his son was born in Vancouver BC, so just as well that Canada won :)

Posted by: Keiren | Feb 28, 2010 7:42:55 PM

6. That is one HOT HOT man!!!!!!!

Posted by: steven levey | Feb 28, 2010 8:01:12 PM

7. Love most of the players on Team Canada. Notsomuch Crosby. Still, it was a terrific game and I'm thrilled for my Canadian brothers that they were able to take more gold in their home games. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a beefcake shot of late-3rd-period US hero Zach Parise. Hubba hubba!

Posted by: RJ | Feb 28, 2010 8:59:53 PM

8. I'm happy for Canada. They're obsessed with hockey. They even have hockey scenes on some of their currency. They needed this win, and it will be good for our relations with them.

The US gave them a good run for their money, and we have nothing to regret or be ashamed of.

And, who wouldn't love Sidney Crosby?

Posted by: Paul | Feb 28, 2010 9:25:55 PM

9. I'm one Canadian who's "fond of our Southern neighbors." I actually went to school there. Yes, there are some rednecks in the US, but it's true of Canada too. All my friends from the US are open-minded, gay & straight. Gay marriage will eventually be legal in the US too. So happy Canada won the gold in hockey though.

Posted by: scar2 | Feb 28, 2010 10:50:47 PM

10. Perfect ending to the Olympics. Team USA, the total underdog lets not forget, pulled it out of the fire at the very last second, and then Canada shot it home... amazing. Proud of both team ... love both countries immensely. Sidney's not to my taste, but who cares...

Posted by: Fred | Feb 28, 2010 10:50:48 PM

11. Hot. First I'm lusting for Dale Begg-Smith, now you hit me with this. Sigh.

Posted by: Tom | Feb 28, 2010 10:52:55 PM

12. >>Most Canadians are not all that fond of their southern neighbors, and if the US had won, it would have just made matters worse.>That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a beefcake shot of late-3rd-period US hero Zach Parise. Hubba hubba!<<

Bit of trivia: Zach Parise is the son of Canadian J.P. Parise, who played on Team Canada in the 1972 series against the Soviet Union, on a line with Phil Esposito. Zach Parise might even have dual citizenship.

Posted by: RJ (the other) | Feb 28, 2010 11:59:09 PM

13. >>Most Canadians are not all that fond of their southern neighbors, and if the US had won, it would have just made matters worse<<

Posted by: RJ (the other) | Mar 1, 2010 12:02:44 AM

14. >>Most Canadians are not all that fond of their southern neighbors, and if the US had won, it would have just made matters worse<<

I think Canadians dislike a) American Republicans and b) whatever Texas represents.

Posted by: Landis | Mar 1, 2010 12:22:43 AM

15. Dang you Crosby!! Now remove ur pants, just joking. What is up w/ Americans pulling for team Canada? I love Canada and all but team US were big undergogs going in and almost pulled it off. Hats off to the American boys.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 1, 2010 1:41:14 AM

16. Congratulations to both the Canadian and American teams who put on an electrifying hockey game today.

Vancouverites have been flooding the streets of downtown Vancouver celebrating even past midinight. Let's hope that the evening ends peacefully.

Posted by: emmy | Mar 1, 2010 3:46:09 AM

17. The results of the whole Olympics were great. The US won the most medals overall and the Canadians won the most gold. So, they both have bragging rights.

I prefer the winter games, but it's funny that so many countries can't compete because they have no snow or cold weather. I mean you can't practice luge in Kenya or ski jumping in Bermuda.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Mar 1, 2010 6:16:03 AM

18. He doesn't look like this anymore.

Posted by: Bill | Mar 1, 2010 8:56:29 AM

19. "Paul, that notion is a complete myth. If a poll were taken, I'm fairly certain the vast majority of Canadians would find far more to like/love about the U.S. than to dislike/hate."

Um, I used to live near the British Columbia border, and would cross over frequently. Canadians may not "hate" us, but all things considered (no socialized healthcare, Sarah Palin, et cetera), I have found that most are very grateful they are NORTH of the 49th parallel.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 1, 2010 9:24:19 AM

20. I'm only an occasional hockey fan, but yesterday's game was amazing. If the US couldn't win, then I can't imagine a better second-choice outcome than Canada taking the gold in overtime (and not by shootout, thank god). I think we in the US forget how lucky we are to have such a good neighbor to the North. And they are really showing us the way on things like gay marriage. Bravo Canada!

Posted by: Glenn | Mar 1, 2010 11:10:26 AM

21. living in downtown vancouver, and also not being a hockey fan, i will weigh in. canadians really have zero issues with americans. we may be glad we dont have to deal with sarah palin, republicans, same sex marriage issues,and health care, but by no means do we have a hate on. the olympics were a joyous event for both canadians, americans,and every other nation in the world,where we all got together and had a really good time celebrating together.

Posted by: sean | Mar 1, 2010 12:26:18 PM

22. I have actually met Sidney Crosby when he was not quite as famous as he is now. He is just as charming and genuine in person as he looks in his pictures... and slightly shy/timid. It's cute on him though.

Posted by: David in TO | Mar 1, 2010 1:28:03 PM

23. It's heartwarming to see so many Americans on here that were rooting for us (Canadians) to win. I can tell you that people here are VERY happy today and it would have been a really different story if we had lost. Lots of guys are wearing their Team Canada jerseys at the office today. It was a fantastic game, and in the end, that's what matters.

I have to weigh in on Canada/America relations. I did live in the US for just under a year and to be fair, it was a very southern, bible belt area of the country (Jacksonville, Fla). I loved most of the people I met, and have great feelings about the American population overall. But I am glad as hell that I don't live in a nation with the GOP and the extreme religious right (okay, we do have conservatives, and religious nuts, but nothing on the scale that the US has to deal with). Oh, did I mention that the time I was living in Florida was the 2000 election (hanging chads, anyone?)? Honestly, I was more than happy to pack my bags and come home when it was time to do so. But overall, I love the US and could probably live there if I went to a more liberal area.

Sidney Crosby is definitely easy on the eyes - did anyone catch a glimpse of Jarome Iginla? Hotness!

Posted by: Nickysix | Mar 1, 2010 1:28:16 PM

24. How can you root against Canada? For us American it is like playing against one of your relatives. You can root against your high school rival. You can root against the cross town team but how can you root against Canada? It is just not fair.

As a person who was at the 88 Winter Olympics there is nothing I could say negitively about Canada then or now. What two countries in the whole world have this kind of respect and friendship for one another?

Canadian are a special breed. They are always on the American side when we need them. Remember 9/11 and how the people of Canada opened up their homes to all the people trying to fly into the United States but couldn't land in the United States. They feed us American, gave us shelter and ask for nothing in return. This is what Canada is all about.

So you play them in hockey and you can't root against them. It is just not fair. Well done Canada. And thank you.

Posted by: Dawson | Mar 1, 2010 6:27:50 PM

25. I am SO proud to be a Canadian!!!! AND I am so happy to have the 2nd-best country in the world as our valued "Big Brother" neighbour! You have taught us many lessons - and the most important during these Olympics is Patriotism - pride in our Country! You have also shown us what fighters you are - the game could have gone either way ... you have nothing to feel defeated about. You are Beloved here, political differences not withstanding ...

Posted by: Bodhi | Mar 3, 2010 8:53:27 PM