AIDS/HIV | Andy Warhol | Australia | Boy Scouts | Bradley Cooper | Brazil | Chace Crawford | Dubai | George W. Bush | Harold Ford Jr. | Immigration | India | Kellan Lutz | Lord Browne | Madonna | News | Uganda | Vermont

News: Chace Crawford, Boy Scouts, Roxy, Carl Craig, Dubai

roadTen things you can do to oppose the anti-gay legislation in Uganda.

Chace1  roadChace Crawford unleashes his man scent on Miami Beach.

roadMadonna is no doubt furious that unretouched photos of her keep leaking.

roadBrazilian man granted asylum in U.S. claiming persecution over his homosexuality: "I lived in constant panic in Brazil. I tried to hide that my homosexuality, but the attacks and threats were constant. At the time (I lived in Brazil), I have been attacked by skinheads and brutally beat up by the police. After you've been threatened by the police, you become aware that there is no one there to protect you, so coming the live in US was a matter of life or death for me."

roadSnooki has found the guido juicehead of her dreams.

roadBradley Cooper has a tanning accident.

roadLesbian couple in Vermont battles Boy Scouts: "Cate and Elizabeth Wirth wanted to help with their son's Cub Scout troop but were told they were not welcome. The Supreme Court has affirmed the Scouts' right to bar homosexuals. But Vermont Congressman Peter Welch and 25 of his colleagues have written to the Boy Scouts on the Wirths' behalf. The letter calls the policy 'deeply troubling' and "damaging" to impressionable children."

roadKellan Lutz gets comfy in a bod pod.

roadWhat would you do if your boyfriend had an "arrangement" with a toothbrush "perv"?

Carlcraig_warhol  roadDetroit techno innovator Carl Craig creates new soundtrack for Warhol oral sex film.

roadHarold Ford Jr.'s apartment is relentlessly yellow.

roadNYC's Roxy to reopen as lounge-restaurant-event space?

roadIndia gets gay Valentine's Day cards: "Homosexual consumers are not exactly spoiled for choice, with just two cards for gay men, two for lesbians and one gender-neutral card. The wording of the messages is also pretty basic. A lesbian version says: 'For my girl friend from your girl friend.' The gender-neutral card reads: 'Oh how totully gay!' (sic)."

roadAudio: Former BP CEO Lord Browne discusses the fear he had of having his sexuality discovered: "Lord Browne called the lie a 'deep error of judgement', adding that he was still "terrified" about being discovered as gay even at the end of his career."

Bush  roadBush billboard frightens residents of Minnesota.

roadDubai closes viewing deck on Burj Khalifa after electrical issues.

roadWhat is your HIV Prevention mobster name?

roadAustralian bank worker claims he perpetrated $1 million fraud from his employers because they were homophobic: "The Welsh-born equipment leasing manager had been employed at Suncorp Metway since 1998 and claimed he enjoyed the work environment until the last two years, when he alleged he had been victimised for being gay. It was at this time that Gabriel stole nine cheques with a value of just under $200,000 before embarking on a spiralling system of part-repayment while generating fraudulent leases that eventually cost his employer $601,534."

Comments

1. I'll take a whiff, please.

Posted by: Astro Boy | Feb 9, 2010 3:01:29 PM

2. I love the unshaved look. Mmmmmmm...i'd bury myself in there.

Posted by: XX | Feb 9, 2010 3:17:48 PM

3. RE: Brushing your teeth via the toilet.

I'm on the side of the boyfriend/ "old perv" arrangement. Let the old guy, who probably is otherwise alone, be happy. Jeez.

Posted by: Rodney | Feb 9, 2010 3:19:38 PM

4. You can't print the words "Blow Job" in the New York Times.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 9, 2010 4:19:09 PM

5. "Australian bank worker claims he perpetrated $1 million fraud from his employers because they were homophobic: "The Welsh-born equipment leasing manager had been employed at Suncorp Metway since 1998 and claimed he enjoyed the work environment until the last two years, when he alleged he had been victimised for being gay. It was at this time that Gabriel stole nine cheques with a value of just under $200,000 before embarking on a spiralling system of part-repayment while generating fraudulent leases that eventually cost his employer $601,534."

Utter trash. If he was being victimised, is there no equivalent of the EEOC or gay rights groups in Australia to help him reach a settlement with this company, in order to help ALL gays in the future? Instead of pulling a US Republican (using gayness or fear of homophobia as a cover for bad acts)?

I hope he gets the maximum sentence. Unfortunately, because people are more scared of muggings on the street than muggings of the corporate variety, that max sentence will end up being of the Club Fed variety. Still, he needs to be punished and NOT allowed to use homophobia as an excuse.

Posted by: zeta | Feb 9, 2010 4:38:45 PM

6. Chace has some great pits.

Posted by: dm | Feb 9, 2010 4:50:15 PM

7. AllRIGHT SNOOKI!!!!

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Feb 9, 2010 5:47:29 PM

8. Damn, a commenter at the gawker piece on Harold Ford beat me to the "high yellow" comment.

@Rodney-I think the boyfriend was alright with the toothbrush perv's agreement. The issue now, though, is that he wants to move in with his boyfriend. In that scenario, the toothbrush perv has got to go.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Feb 9, 2010 6:10:43 PM

9. Where can I find someone, old perv or anyone else, to pay me to clean my place?

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 9, 2010 7:16:31 PM

10. If we all give $10.00 to respond to the "Miss me Yet" billboard, we can respond with "No Chance in Hell" just beyond this bullshit.

Posted by: johnejeffers | Feb 9, 2010 7:19:26 PM

11. I see towleroad is very late at catching up on NYC things.The Guys behind that tacky "eden ballroom" idea with the Roxy building.Bailed on the idea.Meaning its not gonna happen.And Im glad.Either you reopen the Roxy as a real club under the same name,or dont reopen it AT ALL.It looks like its surely not gonna happen now.

Posted by: Rocky | Feb 9, 2010 10:03:37 PM

12. Re: toothbrush perv--I'm convinced, no matter how improbable this may be, that the college town is Princeton and the professor is Edmund White. That, to me, just makes sense.

Posted by: Phil | Feb 11, 2010 1:39:04 AM

13. Am I allowed to say this here?

I'll say it anyway : I want to lick Chace's armpits!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: J | Mar 8, 2011 10:01:50 AM