Jersey Shore’s Ronnie Magro Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

Ronnierant

Jersey Shore's Ronnie Magro apologized yesterday on Twitter after footage surfaced of the juiced up Guido unleashing a tirade of homophobic slurs at a man, before punching him.

Ronnie  Said Magro: "I apologize to my fans, In the heat of the moment i said a lot of things i didnt mean and im very sorry… i love my creepy fans.."

Magro regularly refers to all of his fans as "creepy", in case you took that as a jibe.

Italian Americans are mad at Ronnie for the slurs. Said a spokesperson for UNICO, the largest Italian American Service Organization in the U.S.: [Ronnie’s tirade] is not a surprise! How can anyone be surprised at anything any of these bimbos and buffoons would say or do. They have become celebrities for their reprehensible behavior and negative stereotyping, so this is no exception. It is unacceptable, as are the rest of their actions and behavior.”

Comments

1. johnny says

As long as TV and the media continues to adore and celebrate the lowest common denominator like this idiot, you’ll continue to see snippets of them showing us exactly the kind of slime they are the majority of the time when the cameras are off.

Seriously, why are people (and I use the term loosely) like this guy getting the spotlight so much? It’s like we’ve run out of decent humans to vaunt so now we’re just throwing up any ol’ piece of crap to worship for 15 minutes. I’d almost rather see Janice Dickinson for an hour, at least it’s entertaining. This type of TV is simply dumbing down. Epic stupid.

2. Drew says

It’s a catch-22 in some ways… When Italian leagues protested against the ‘portrayal of Italians’ on Jersey Shore, I thought they were full of shit. I genuinely feel the same here; if he calls someone a ‘fag’ or ‘queer,’ let him. I can’t pick my battles and be selectively unfair, so he can say what he wants and we can all just ignore him.

3. John says

The Anti-Defamation League, NAACP, and such tend to go after outsiders for slandering their religion, race, or ethnicity.

But these Italian-American advocacy groups have always been more geared towards self-censorship and maintaining this facade of assimilation into the Anglo middle class. Remember when they went after Ray Romano for “Everybody Loves Raymond” because it was stereotypical?

It seems they are more interested in shutting up Italians who don’t conform than defending against discrimination being perpetuated by others.

4. Blake says

Bullshit! not sincere…piece of dirt douche, like the rest of them GUIDOS. The funny thing is seeing them sport the big cross while taking part in EVERY vile act and behavior known to man kind on camera. Religious hypocrites?…Nah! That’s a first!

5. Chitown Kev says

Yeah, Andy I have to ding you for the “greased up Guido” comment (though you could have said worse).

But now is he suggesting that his “creepy fans” are gay?

6. joe says

Blake, by referring to Guido’s as “piece of dirt douche” are you not phobic yourself?
    Lighten up Francis! The guy apologized he said it in the heat of the moment are you that above us all… Good grief the pathetic around some of us is sophmoric at best…