Barack Obama | News | Sarah Palin | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Palin Caught Using Hand as 'Cheat Sheet' at Tea Party Confab

Palin

Immediately following a keynote speech during which she mocked Obama for his use of a teleprompter...

And in that spirit, I caution against allowing this movement by be defined by any one leader or politician. The Tea Party movement is not a top-down operation. It’s a ground-up call to action that is forcing both parties to change the way they are doing business, and that’s beautiful. This is about the people! This is about the people, and it’s bigger than any king or queen of a Tea Party. And it’s a lot bigger than any charismatic guy with a teleprompter.

Sarah Palin used notes written on her hand to help her through a Q&A at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville, or, as the Huffington Post puts it, "a contrived lovefest with a smitten interviewer and an adoring audience."

Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible.

Also, "Budget (cut?)"

I've posted the clips of her keynote and her referring to her hand, AFTER THE JUMP...

Of course, this "cheating" will no doubt endear her to the tea party base even more.

Palinhand

And here is the larger video and the entire earlier keynote:

Comments

1. That's a stretch.

Posted by: Diogenes | Feb 7, 2010 12:11:17 PM

2. It clearly says 'Feed the retard'.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 7, 2010 12:31:50 PM

3. This dolt is so 'anti intellectual,' e.g. "we don't need a law professor as president," that she can't even be bothered to memorize her talking points.

Posted by: Qjersey | Feb 7, 2010 12:33:03 PM

4. Come on - there are a lot of legitimate things to cricitize about Sarah Palin, but this is petty. Having "energy, tax cuts, lift American spirits" written on her hand is hardly a "cheat sheet", and hardly the same as having an entire speech projected word-for-word on a teleprompter, complete with instructions to "pause for applause". If I could speak extemporaneously on live TV with just 6 words written on my hand, I'd consider myself quite the orator.

Posted by: Eric | Feb 7, 2010 12:38:29 PM

5. Oh Lord - that is so pathetic. Notes on your hand might have gotten you through junior high, Sarah, but it won't get you elected again.

Eric: Criticizing a candidate for scrawling notes on her hand like a 13-year-old in her first public speech isn't petty - it's fair game.

Posted by: steve | Feb 7, 2010 12:55:39 PM

6. There's nothing wrong with using a teleprompter or cheat sheets unless you go off on how bad they are then get caught using them yourself. She is a terrible orator even with a teleprompter and obviously not very sincere even on such mundane matters.

Posted by: Vincent-louis Apruzzese | Feb 7, 2010 12:58:21 PM

7. OK, Eric, it's 'petty' to criticize her for using a cheat sheet, but criticizing Obama for using a TelePrompter, something done by every President in my memory, is serious political commentary? For real? Did you see Obama eviscerate the Republicans at the 'Question Time' meeting -- with nary a TelePrompter in sight?

When Palin has an honest-to-God press conference, then maybe I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But until then, criticizing her for using a cheat sheet is fair game.

Posted by: AndyD | Feb 7, 2010 12:59:49 PM

8. I hate the woman as much as the next hardcore liberal, but highlighting this and making it appear much bigger than it is, is stretching it a bit too much to the borders of absurdity.

Writing a few words in your palm is nothing compared to using a teleprompter EACH AND EVERY TIME (cue Jon Stewart's mocking of Obama's use of the teleprompter in a sixth grade classroom).

I have given dozens of speeches to small and large groups, and I too have scribbled little notes (when I didn't have time to edit my cue cards) on my hand to remind me of something.

This is seriously very petty on the part of us liberals to go after Palin like this. It almost appears we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel to find some way of "getting" her. I'm sure there are more substantial issues that we can really single out for a real debate.

Posted by: Hiten | Feb 7, 2010 1:00:59 PM

9. Better start taking this bitch seriously because, and I hate to say it, she epitomizes the anti-intellectual right and hate mongering that America has been sliding into for years. Add the fact that she is every white trash boy's cougar dream doll and we may be doomed in 2012.

Posted by: Sid | Feb 7, 2010 1:08:58 PM

10. LOL you Palin Jockeys can see no wrong with this woman. If that had been Obama or any other Dem or Lib you guys would have cut their heads off by now. This woman is an idiot..i know dont know whats worse her always bashing obama or her not being able to remember those simple three things she wrote on her hand...smh. Its these same people who are behind the religion push.. if it had not been for people like you guys we would have by now explored many parts of the universe...and visted many other planets...but some of u still think the world is flat and heaven is in the clouds....smh..idiots

Posted by: Shanna | Feb 7, 2010 1:11:56 PM

11. The anti-intellectuals at Fox are behind this woman 100%. I was surprised to see her speech telecast on CNN and MSNBC as well; thought those were "real" news outlets.

Posted by: Paul | Feb 7, 2010 1:36:01 PM

12. She thinks she's Eva Peron. Heaven help us.

Posted by: clint | Feb 7, 2010 1:38:18 PM

13. My god she is an idiot.

Posted by: kevin | Feb 7, 2010 1:46:47 PM

14. Every time I hear about Palin in the news I just feel sad for humanity.

Posted by: Eric26 | Feb 7, 2010 2:11:01 PM

15. Writing on your HAND??? Come on now. Who does that after age 12? Who?

Posted by: hephaestion | Feb 7, 2010 2:58:50 PM

16. Obama has to use a teleprompter because his skin is too dark to scrawl cheat words on.

Posted by: GrabbinNewscum | Feb 7, 2010 2:59:40 PM

17. Before you jump on her as a kook, I think SHANNA was referring to the anti-intellectual Dark Ages. Hundreds of years of no advancement- where even the least curious person was branded a heretic.
    ************************************
    As for Palin, all you need to know about her is this one utterance:

"We have got to jump start these energy projects, uh ..."
    Here she starts losing her train of thought-

"...that we have heard so much about..."
    It's really going now, so she interjects something she once heard about-

"...because it's ridiculous that we have just sitting warehoused ...
    -wait, she thinks, what was warehoused? better fill in the gap until I remember-

"...under God's green Earth here in the United States of America..."
    -nail them with conservative jargon, they love these, she thinks-

"rich resources .. oil and gas .. and our coal and all these conventional sources of resources ...
    -okay, let's wrap this up now, she thinks-

"we've got to walk that walk to allow them to, um .. allow them to come to that type of development."
    -did that last part make sense to anyone else?-

Nevermind that the host asked for three things and she only gave two (if the second one can even be counted). Nevermind that our nation is already using the resources she claims are 'warehoused'.

Let's sit back and think about this one run-on sentence, that I'm not sure makes a point or three, and bask in it's brilliant analysis.

If God is merciful, Palin will always be the leader of this movement.

Posted by: Rodney | Feb 7, 2010 3:10:57 PM

18. GRABBINNEWSCUM I always thought you were a douche bag, now I see you are also a racist douche bag. What's the problem, did you get blocked from Fox's blogs?

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 7, 2010 3:11:35 PM

19. If you can't grasp obvious irony, it's a dead giveaway that you're a moron.

A 12-year-old in history class could have pulled this off with more grace.

Posted by: Gry | Feb 7, 2010 4:41:06 PM

20. I'm just pleased to see that "Gaylord" is finally written by these people without the word "hates" anywhere in sight.

Posted by: Guille | Feb 7, 2010 5:05:14 PM

21. It's hilarious! Notes on her hand, just like she's in 7th grade. And the wingnuts complain that Obama uses a teleprompter?!

Posted by: Oh Come Now | Feb 7, 2010 5:45:19 PM

22. By the way, Sarah Palin is Mitt Romney's dream come true. He is going to position himself as the adult in the room. Given Obama's absolute failure to do a single fucking thing, I think Romney is a shoo-in for 2012. I'm not going to like that, to put it mildly, but that's how this is going.

Posted by: Oh Come Now | Feb 7, 2010 5:49:33 PM

23. @Patrick NYC: You JUST realized that Grabbincum is a racist? Lol.

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Feb 7, 2010 6:18:59 PM

24. This lady's a fool that even smart republicans deplore. I used crib notes...on my first date...and I regret to inform that i wasn't paid 100K for that unfortunate evening. Useless idiot.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 7, 2010 7:42:49 PM

25. I live in Alabama and work with mostly 40+ yr old conservatives. It's both appalling and scary how much they love and admire Palin. I just don't understand it. She's a fool!

The day she becomes president is the day I'm moving to Canada. I hear Montreal is a lovely city...

Posted by: daws | Feb 7, 2010 8:53:11 PM