Actor Corey Haim has died, KABC reports:
The LAPD said Haim was taken to a Burbank hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 3:30 a.m.
According to the LAPD, Haim had been staying with his mother in North Hollywood, and the death appears to have been an accidental death.
Haim was known as an 80s teen idol and starred in films such as The Lost Boys, Lucas and License to Drive."
The cause was an apparent overdose, TMZ reports: Corey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby … law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.
We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.
Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.
Corey's mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years."