Eric Massa | Larry King | News

Eric Massa Flips Out When Larry King Asks, 'Are You Gay?'

Massa_king

Former Rep. Eric Massa refused to tell Larry King if he's gay or not when asked directly last night.

Said Massa: "Well, here's that answer, I'm not going to answer that. In -- in year 2010? Why don't you ask my wife, ask my friends, ask the 10,000 sailors I served with in the Navy. I'm not going to answer that. That's -- that is such...Well, but it's an insulting... Not me...It insults every gay American, because somewhere it... It somehow classifies people. Why would anybody even ask that question in this day and age?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. ya know, i'm not offended by the question. what i'm offended by is having opinions ascribed to me that i don't have. massa used us as a ploy so as to avoid the question.

Posted by: Corey | Mar 10, 2010 7:32:03 AM

2. Gay!

Posted by: Perry | Mar 10, 2010 7:36:06 AM

3. Well, Mr. Massa I AM offended by your out of touch comment and that's my best polite outcome, so don't tease me again...

Posted by: Beto | Mar 10, 2010 7:44:39 AM

4. So, in other words; "yes."

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Mar 10, 2010 7:57:04 AM

5. I hear Roy Ashburn is available.

Posted by: Gast | Mar 10, 2010 8:02:33 AM

6. Anyone who uses the word "sailors" in an answer like this is ril gay.

Posted by: LD | Mar 10, 2010 8:08:04 AM

7. It's an inappropriate question to ask anyone! And Larry King should be ashamed of himself.

Posted by: JNJ | Mar 10, 2010 8:11:59 AM

8. Boy -- it'll take a while to work through the 10,000 sailors Seaman Massa served with, but ... well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I'd be interested to hear some of their answers.

Posted by: Doug | Mar 10, 2010 8:12:10 AM

9. THE ANSWER TO THE ANSWER:
    Because, Mr. Massa, in the year 2010 Americans ARE classified. Those classified as "gay" get approximately 1,100 less legal benefits than those classified as "not gay" -- even less now in Virginia.

These missing benefits to those "classified" as gay include such basic equalities as the right to marry and serve in the nation's military.

So if you do not want Americans to be classified in 2010, what concrete measures are you taking in 2010 to repeal those discriminatory classifying laws?

Posted by: strepsi | Mar 10, 2010 8:14:01 AM

10. Attention ADVOCATE magazine, you might want to follow up your Sean Hayes cover by "honoring" this fine specimen of homosexuality.

Posted by: Jack | Mar 10, 2010 8:16:55 AM

11. @jnj why is it inapproriate question?

We are asked are sex, gender, race, eye color all the time on forms by people collection information, etc. What is wrong with asking about a descriptive defined by ones birth. I am a white, gay, male, blue eyes, with type A blood. I am asked these types of questions all the time. What is inappropriate?

Sometimes I feel uncomfortable when people ask the question .... what is your age, what is your weight, but they aren't inappropriate questions.

Now it is perfectly fine for someone to say none of your business or I am not going to answer. But can you imagine asking someone what their weight is and they luanch into a 30 second obfuscation instead of just saying none of your business.

But it is not insulting to ask the question. I have no problem with people ask it is just part of who I am like my race, eye color, blood type, age, and weight.

Posted by: kujhawker | Mar 10, 2010 8:23:29 AM

12. I think Shakespeare said it best:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2.

Posted by: voet | Mar 10, 2010 8:42:07 AM

13. Obviously, he never sees comments on the IMDB comments board.

Posted by: gregorybrown | Mar 10, 2010 8:58:08 AM

14. He's a loon!

Posted by: Mike | Mar 10, 2010 9:04:35 AM

15. The world would be a better place if more homophobic people were asked if they were gay. Good on you, Larry. There may be actual journalists out there yet.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 10, 2010 9:05:46 AM

16. Yup, he's gay. But I don't want him to be.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 10, 2010 9:17:18 AM

17. 99.9% of straight men would simply say, "No, I'm not gay."

...and no, it does not offend the gay community if you ask someone if they are gay. If Mr. Massa thinks that being gay is a non-issue in 2010, then asking someone about their sexual orientation should also be a non-issue.

Posted by: David in Houston | Mar 10, 2010 9:22:51 AM

18. Ask my wife? Ask my kids? Well, if he has kids, I guess what he's really saying is that he is bi-sexual. Very interesting, he's not saying he's NOT gay, and he's not saying he IS gay... even so, I'll bet he loves a nice tight set of male buns, and a juicy one in his mouth!
    I like this guy, he's a take no prisoners, right-back-at-ya alpha male.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Mar 10, 2010 9:29:04 AM

19. Erm no, he's a tool. And not a useful one.

10,000 sailors? Paging Dr. Freud...

Posted by: elcamino | Mar 10, 2010 9:35:23 AM

20. Big fag.

Posted by: MikeMick | Mar 10, 2010 9:59:26 AM

21. "Why don't you ask my wife, ask my friends, ask the 10,000 sailors I served with in the Navy."

Anyone else chuckle at this line?

Posted by: Wes | Mar 10, 2010 10:02:22 AM

22. Nobody but a closet case would answer that question the way Massa did.

Insulting to gays to ask the question? Because it classifies people?

Posted by: frank | Mar 10, 2010 10:07:23 AM

23. His flame burns BRIGHT!!!

Posted by: Dean | Mar 10, 2010 10:10:56 AM

24. I dunno, most of us would probably just say "yes".

Posted by: anon | Mar 10, 2010 10:34:32 AM

25. Did you notice Eric Messup didn't tell Larry King to ask the guys in his closet if he were gay?

Posted by: kenzbeard | Mar 10, 2010 10:49:22 AM