Christina Aguilera | Music | News

Listen: Christina Aguilera Debuts New Single 'Not Myself Tonight'

Xtina

Christina Aguilera has debuted her new single "Not Myself Tonight" which was written and produced by Polow da Don. Thoughts?

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

p;

Comments

1. LOVE IT!!! :)

Posted by: Tony_Kariotis | Mar 30, 2010 7:11:48 PM

2. i love it. *twirl*

Posted by: JonBenet | Mar 30, 2010 7:12:27 PM

3. This song is atrocious! I was like, "where is the Christina Aguilera screaming she is known for?" then the chorus hit.

Posted by: omgreally | Mar 30, 2010 7:17:19 PM

4. Me likee!

Posted by: Kerry | Mar 30, 2010 7:46:32 PM

5. I'm lovin it

Posted by: Boomer | Mar 30, 2010 7:51:15 PM

6. I *want* to like it but it's just so-so... very so-so. Great beat but ultimately a failed attempt to channel the best of Madonna, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga.

Posted by: BW | Mar 30, 2010 7:52:19 PM

7. I'm not loving it as much as some of her other stuff but I can say its a good first single. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album considering all the collaborations she's got on it. All hail Christina, a pop star that can sing live (with a damn good voice) and dance!

Posted by: Matt | Mar 30, 2010 7:55:21 PM

8. It's very catchy, it's what she needs to grab the attention of her new album. I'm hoping this isn't what the whole album is like though, I don't see it with Sia and Ladytron working on the album.

Posted by: Monsieur R | Mar 30, 2010 7:59:55 PM

9. Big yawn. Gets totally lost amid all the other pop/dance wannabes out there. Put a fork in her. She's done.

Posted by: Aron | Mar 30, 2010 8:10:42 PM

10. Very boring. It's like a dance song for people who can't dance. It's formulaic. It has no real hook. It's bland. Nothing original. Next.

Posted by: LOL | Mar 30, 2010 8:13:50 PM

11. Huge miscalculation. Lady Gaga's already been there and done most of this song.

Posted by: Bear Necessity | Mar 30, 2010 8:16:44 PM

12. Nice - I like.

Posted by: JNJ | Mar 30, 2010 8:42:37 PM

13. Good remix material.

I'm glad you are back Christina. I'm on the verge of shooting myself in the head with the likes of Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift dominating the chart. Ugh

Posted by: gayalltheway | Mar 30, 2010 9:01:43 PM

14. I'm actually laughing at the Lady Gaga references, are we forgetting Lady Gaga was irrelevant about 2-3 years ago? Now she's the only person allowed to produce dance tracks? If we're going to start comparing than let me phone Janet Jackson and Madonna for you. I'm a Lady Gaga fan, but lets not put her in a fucking pedestal, call me in 10 years if she's still relevant then.

Posted by: Monsieur R | Mar 30, 2010 9:09:22 PM

15. That picture of her is gorgeous. I like the song, doesn't really show off her great voice. Looks like she's trying to compete with GaGa's material.

Posted by: eric/nyc | Mar 30, 2010 9:35:39 PM

16. Matt: Wrong- Christina CAN'T dance. Not at all, she's awful. Sorry to nitpick over that small part, but, as a dancer, I will correct anyone who thinks these non-dancers can dance- Christina, Gaga, Rihanna- NO.

Posted by: Adam | Mar 30, 2010 9:44:34 PM

17. Okay, I was supposed to be getting ready for bed...now I need to go dancing! I'm so happy that she's back.

Posted by: daws | Mar 30, 2010 10:24:33 PM

18. I think it's funny that a year ago Christina was pretending not to know who GaGa was, and here she is jumping on GaGa's revival of synth heavy dance music. I just don't like this song very much, which is disappointing because I was looking forward to hearing her new music. She had amazing people work on this album, so I am not writing it off just yet.

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 30, 2010 10:42:10 PM

19. Yuck

Posted by: Chuy | Mar 30, 2010 11:36:56 PM

20. So it sounds a bit familiar, what's wrong with that?

This easily passes muster for a good dance/club song.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 30, 2010 11:41:19 PM

21. Oh, thank goodness...it sucks.
    *continues listening to Gaga*

Posted by: Ross | Mar 31, 2010 12:23:07 AM

22. I like it And Gaga, Xtina, others, can dance just fine. They don't have to be the best dancers because they have other talents. Doesn't mean they can't dance.

Posted by: datlaw | Mar 31, 2010 12:50:02 AM

23. I like Christina, but this song is like a GaGa outtake.

Posted by: Jacknasty | Mar 31, 2010 12:57:54 AM

24. props..

Posted by: Heath | Mar 31, 2010 1:09:36 AM

25. @Thomas

Girl, please. No one knew who Gaga was when Christina was accused of ripping off Lady Gaga's style - blonde wigs and eyebrow level bangs. Uhm, Tori Amos did that shit in 2006. NEXT

Posted by: omgreally | Mar 31, 2010 1:11:08 AM