Evan Lysacek | Figure Skating | Johnny Weir | News

Watch: Johnny Weir Insinuates Evan Lysacek is Gay

Weir

After telling Chelsea Handler that he and Evan Lysacek don't get along on last night's Chelsea Lately, Johnny Weir discusses Lysacek's "ex-girlfriend" with Chelsea Handler with a big wink.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. sorry. tacky.

Posted by: JonBenet | Mar 31, 2010 10:46:16 AM

2. Evan Lysacek is gay? Good gosh! I haven't been so surprised since I heard the sky is blue.

Posted by: jomicur | Mar 31, 2010 10:54:04 AM

3. haha Weir is great. and he's so apparently self-confident and well-adjusted that - to my own surprise - i find him totally hot.

Posted by: TCW | Mar 31, 2010 10:57:37 AM

4. Johnny clearly didn't want to say anything more -- why did Chelsea go "HE WINKED! HE WINKED!!" What a middle school moment.

Posted by: Billy | Mar 31, 2010 11:00:49 AM

5. Has Weir himself officially come out yet?

Posted by: anon | Mar 31, 2010 11:01:43 AM

6. Johnny always makes me smile. I really enjoyed BE GOOD JOHNNY WEIR on the Sundance Channel.

Posted by: Ben | Mar 31, 2010 11:08:02 AM

7. ANON, "Has Weir himself officially come out yet?"

Yah. As if he needed to. He's the Nathan Lane of the ice skating community. Unless that's Brian Boitano.

Posted by: JonBenet | Mar 31, 2010 11:11:09 AM

8. I thought that Evan Guy was Gay...My gaydar goes (((PING))) when I see him, and on DAncing with the Stars..Hellooooo Mary! He's probabaly a HUGE closet Case.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Mar 31, 2010 11:11:36 AM

9. Has Weir come out yet? Uh have you seen his reality show. The boy was getting off while he straddled his foot massager and called it Daddy while he bemoaned his lack of getting laid.

He is as OUT as you can get.

Posted by: Wayne | Mar 31, 2010 11:14:40 AM

10. I must be missing something. Weir has not come out officially, right? And he has avoided answering that question, which is fine. It is his right. But he is hinting that Lysacek is gay? And "outing" someone else? Isn't that a bit on the hypocritical side?

Posted by: Reggie | Mar 31, 2010 11:14:46 AM

11. And how many times did Chelsea say "You're GAY" to Johnny? Six or seven times? You'd think the novelty of gay men would be over for her by now, but damn, she's obsessed.

Posted by: Robert | Mar 31, 2010 11:16:52 AM

12. I like Weir, I think he's confident and easy going.

That being said... No more playing the victim Johnny, if you're going to start gay-baiting fellow skaters.

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | Mar 31, 2010 11:17:28 AM

13. Ha! Weir cracks me up :D

Posted by: joe c | Mar 31, 2010 11:27:20 AM

14. I am pretty sure Weir was a speaker at some gay frundraising events. He is out. Duh.

EL is gay. The girlfriend was a beard that he kept for the media in the run up to Vancouver. Weir's experience is a great example of the unexplainable homophobia in mens figure skating (fucking gayest sport ever...) and the need to seak cover in a vagina by Lysacek. Fur and feminine hand gestures kept Weir from medaling, Evan knows betters.

Poor taste? Eh snarky gays will be snarky gays. Ten bucks say theyve atleast made out...

Posted by: Travis | Mar 31, 2010 11:28:36 AM

15. I watched this last night. I didn't need Johnny Weir to insinuate Lysacek is gay. Can I get a "No shit!" from the choir?

Posted by: HexiJosh | Mar 31, 2010 11:33:25 AM

16. Sorry, but until Weir says "I'm gay" or "I'm a gay man" or "I'm homosexual" or "I like to suck cock, oh yes!" or variations on those, he's NOT out, he's playing the same "Everyone knows, so why bother saying it" game that was so tedious with George Michael and countless others. Or as they say in politics, he wants plausible deniability when it suits him.

And for a closet case --which is what Johnny Weir still is-- to wink-and-nod and out someone else is disgusting.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Mar 31, 2010 12:01:38 PM

17. It's much more important that Evan Lysacek come out than Johnny Weir. Taste has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: JeffRob | Mar 31, 2010 12:06:28 PM

18. Hypocritical much?

Posted by: Michael | Mar 31, 2010 12:17:40 PM

19. NO SHIT! love, the choir.

Posted by: Blair | Mar 31, 2010 12:28:01 PM

20. I've been watching Dancing with the Stars (don't hate), and in the rehearsal clips when Evan is just being 'himself' he is totally giving off the gay. But when on stage, he totally lowers his voice and butches it up.

I think the bigger story is that JW refused to play the game and get a beard while EL played the game and won. Sad, but true.

Posted by: qjersey | Mar 31, 2010 12:38:47 PM

21. "sorry, tacky" says the person with the moniker "JONBENET" (my apologies if that really is your name, of course). Could not love the irony more (again, apologies if yadda yadda).

Posted by: Doug | Mar 31, 2010 12:43:48 PM

22. I don't understand the whole, "did he OFFICIALLY come out"? Are there papers one needs to sign when one is out already, cause I never filled them out. Love Johnny Weir!!!

Posted by: Name: | Mar 31, 2010 1:08:32 PM

23. I just think Johnny Weir is adorable, and a Fabulous skater, and I won't apologize for my opinion!

Posted by: irisgirl | Mar 31, 2010 1:18:48 PM

24. Why am I laughing so hard?

I love this.

Posted by: Marcus | Mar 31, 2010 1:19:23 PM

25. And he wonders why the skating community doesn't want him around. Tacky, classless, and nasty.

Posted by: DR | Mar 31, 2010 1:32:39 PM