News | PETA

Bea Arthur Protests McDonald's from Beyond the Grave

Beaarthur

Bea Arthur left money to PETA in her will, and they're using the Golden Girl's cash to take on the Golden Arches:

"PETA members dressed in black will also hold a spirited protest outside a downtown Chicago McDonald's to mark the ad's debut and the one-year anniversary of beautiful Bea's passing."

Comments

1. Bea also left a sizable bequest to the Ali Forney Center in Manhattan, an organization the helps homeless GLBT teens. Great lady for sure!

Posted by: casey | Apr 22, 2010 10:54:29 AM

2. Hey, if that's what she wanted, power to her from beyond the grave!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Apr 22, 2010 11:22:35 AM

3. Every time I read about PETA I get hungry for meat. KFC for lunch today, I think!

Posted by: Ben | Apr 22, 2010 11:37:41 AM

4. Ahhhh! ZomBea Arthur! Run for your lives!

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 22, 2010 1:27:33 PM

5. I can't stand PETA, they are like the TeaBaggers of the animal advocacy world. Donate to the Humane Society!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Apr 22, 2010 2:00:29 PM

6. This particular campaign from PETA is a good one. The cruelty of raising those hens in tiny cages that crack their spines is just so horrible. ...And all for some of the nastiness, most unhealthy food on earth. My name isn't "Veg" for nothing: I am not hostile to meat-eaters. But, I wish all of us would realize the ways that animals are mistreated in major food corporations.

Posted by: veg | Apr 22, 2010 2:07:56 PM

7. PETA needs to stop using dead celebrities as fuel for their crazy propaganda fodder. It is both stupid and QUITE disrespectful to the deceased. If I was Bea Arthur, I would rise from the grave and eat some PETA members. It would raise the average IQ of the country, at least!

Posted by: Paul | Apr 22, 2010 2:58:56 PM

8. I always wonder "WHO are these dumb shits giving money to Peta? Don't they realize how little of the donated money is actually spent on helping animals? Donate to an animal shelter instead!"

But then, a bunch of my favorite Hollywood icons raise their hands and cast doubt on how smart I thought they were. Ugh.

Posted by: Drew | Apr 22, 2010 3:44:49 PM

9. Nooooo! Why did she fall in with these wackos??? Ugh.

Posted by: anon | Apr 22, 2010 8:23:53 PM

10. When PETA had ad campaigns suggesting marauding aliens would eat the fat people first (because we all know there are NO fat vegetarians or vegans, and that vegetarians and vegans are all in wonderful health (I can present so much evidence to the contrary - all the vegans and vegetarians I knew were sniffling and sneezing their way through winter, while I was fine...)) or that there was some comparison between farming and the Holocaust (please), they lost whatever credibility they may have had. Like most living beings, I am an omnivore.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 23, 2010 9:36:53 AM