Daniel Craig | Gay Bar | Los Angeles | News

Daniel Craig Pays Visit to Venice, California Gay Bar

Daniel_craig_1

It's not every day that James bond strolls into a gay bar, as he did in Venice, California.

The L.A. Times reports:

Roosterfish"Come nightfall, just down the street at gay bar Roosterfish, 'James Bond' star Daniel Craig was spotted with a male pal, enjoying cocktails and a cover band. Dressed in a black suit, Craig greeted numerous fans and even attempted some dance moves."

Kenneth in the 212 has more: "Whether or not he is a closet homosexual I don't know -- although my source SWEARS he saw Craig making out with his friend on a street corner, and he WAS seen showing pictures of his cat to a fellow audience member. But this much is for sure: Daniel Craig has definitely been outed as a closet '80s-music lover, as he joined the G80's -- an all-gay-male '80s band featuring Matt McLaughlin (aka Bearlinda) on vox/guitar, Tommy Keene on lead guitar, Jim Laspesa (The Muffs/Dave Davies) at the drums and Chris Freeman of Pansy Divison on the bass -- on the chorus of the Split Enz classic 'I Got You.'"

Comments

1. odd-i guess? though if all my straight friends who joined me at a gay club were counted-they could be their own sub-culture.

Posted by: Andrew | May 18, 2010 9:18:27 AM

2. Be still my beating Heart!!!!
    Now there's a fantasy come true!

Posted by: MDtopdad | May 18, 2010 9:39:30 AM

3. so the first thought that crossed my mind was that I used to hook up with a gay man who looked IDENTICAL to Craig, and what if it was him in the bar for the night. haha...

Either way, I don't think Daniel is gay. If he is, great. But he's always struck me as that really cool straight guy who probably has gay friends and isn't rattled by going to gay bars.

Posted by: Alexandre | May 18, 2010 10:19:03 AM

4. With all the iphones in the world and no one got a picture? I'm not buying it.

Posted by: g | May 18, 2010 10:27:31 AM

5. Yeah, I can't imagine no 'mo got a picture like that on their phone.

Btw, I'm just happy to know the Roosterfish is still there! So many great clubs in L.A. have been straighted ,so, any of the survivors are to be celebrated!

Posted by: Derek Washington | May 18, 2010 10:51:43 AM

6. The most puzzling thing to me is that Roosterfish doesn't have live music. I have lived in the area for 14 years and have never seen a live band there. My guess is that Daniel Craig attended a private party at Roosterfish or simply went to see the band. Doesn't make him gay.

Posted by: DJ | May 18, 2010 11:12:07 AM

7. @Derek:
    It's still there, still definitely gay, and still has its terrific come-as-you-are-whoever-you-are vibe. The thing is that so many popular, "non-gay" spots have opened nearby, straight pairs sometimes duck in just because there's no line at the door. Last time, one of them asked me, "Is it always...'like this'?" I had to laugh (though not to their faces) at their feeling that they had to use code in a gay bar in 2010.

Posted by: Gianpiero | May 18, 2010 11:18:28 AM

8. I know what this is all about. My birthday comes up on the 31st, and God is answering my prayers.

Posted by: romeo | May 18, 2010 11:34:12 AM

9. POSTED BY: ROMEO | MAY 18, 2010 11:34:12 AM

Ha, suck it Romeo. Mine is this weekend and this is just for me.

Must now go watch the beach surf scene from Casino Royale on a continuous loop.

:) Happy b-day to us!

Posted by: Marco | May 18, 2010 12:13:24 PM

10. I know Daniel Craig. He isn't. He is, though, one amazingly great guy.

Posted by: Sean | May 18, 2010 12:15:54 PM

11. Even though this gay bar has many dull nights, it's nice to have it in the West LA beach areas (Santa Monica here). I wish they would do more to promote it to the many gays in the area who don't want to drive to West Hollywood all the time.

I didn't even know they had live music!

Stll, it's nice that they are still around, on ever growing Abbot Kinney no less, and exposing straight people on the Westside to a gay bar near them.

I do miss Friendship by the SM gay beach, especially in the summers when there were hot boys, great music and cheap drinks.

It's now a dark straight bar. :-(

Posted by: FunMe | May 18, 2010 1:16:36 PM

12. That's funny, because he's been up in Toronto onset for the past 5 days doing reshoots on Dream House (including the weekend).
    L.A. Times needs a life.
    Not that I don't wish it had happened.

Posted by: Well well | May 18, 2010 1:54:09 PM

13. Daniel Craig is cool enough to go into a gay bar with a friend and he gets slammed for it. He should be praised for going beyond stereotypes, especially when it might risk a billion dollar Bond franchise. (Yes, the Bond films have made over a billion dollars over the years.) Would that all celebrities were that cool.

Posted by: gr8guyca | May 18, 2010 2:13:22 PM

14. Love the Roosterfish! First gay bar I ever went to, but I'm with @DJ on this. I've been going there off and on for years and I've never seen live music there. It's gotta be a fake story.

Posted by: txstevo | May 18, 2010 3:28:02 PM

15. Handsome actor drinks, sings, dances!

Well, I guess it's better than reading about the damned oil spill.

Posted by: Bryan Harrison | May 18, 2010 5:21:40 PM

16. Craig isn't being slammed for anything. If anything, this will make him even more popular.

Posted by: anon | May 18, 2010 5:49:04 PM

17. His cat, huh? Well that proves it!

Posted by: Pussy Galore | May 18, 2010 6:10:56 PM

18. Good for him. I hope he had a gay old time.

Posted by: johnozed | May 18, 2010 8:17:46 PM

19. @TXSTEVO. The 'Fish started having bands one night a month back in December. It's called Beatnik Beach (after the ol' Go-Gos tune).

Posted by: RyanInSacto | May 20, 2010 12:04:20 AM

20. Maybe a publicity stunt?

Posted by: md | Jun 4, 2010 7:35:53 PM

21. Who gives a flying fuck? Who gives a full-on, ringling brothers, barnum and bailey, mile-high, trapeze-flying fuck?

Posted by: olen | Jun 20, 2010 9:52:39 PM