I'm Not Gay | Johnny Galecki | News

Johnny Galecki on Gay Rumors: 'Why Defend Yourself Against Something That's Not Offensive?'

Galecki

Actor Johnny Galecki's sexuality was brought up today on The View and Galecki told the ladies why he's never responded to rumors that he's gay:

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via tv squad)

Comments

1. Wow - what a great response!

Posted by: KFLO | May 17, 2010 10:52:57 PM

2. to Mike :

"I love him, but The Big Bang Theory is pretty consistently homophobic."

Am I missing something here? I LOVE this show!!! I don't think I've ever watched an episode that was homophobic...

Posted by: Geo | May 18, 2010 12:46:22 AM

3. It is NOT a gay panic to address Whoopi Goldberg's preparedness for a 6-figure job...she is an outstanding pro and was obviously very shocked by what she was reading. Trust me: heads are going to roll and she will say something (ON AIR) about it this week. But don't 'Queen Please' those of us who expect Goldberg to rise to HER OWN STANDARDS.

Posted by: Donny with a D | May 18, 2010 12:46:33 AM

4. good god, i am starting to detest whoopi. gurrl get those dreads out of your eyes, lose some weight, stop wearing shades indoors, and stop dressing like you're doing gardening.

she fancies herself the "magic negro". she doesn't discuss; she pontificates. "ok", she thinks, "you lil girls talk, and then i'll tell you the REAL truth." why is she even relevant? she has no standards and no class. she isn't funny anymore. i hate that default 'valley girl' accent she affects for no reason whatever.

Posted by: nic | May 18, 2010 1:14:24 AM

5. I love him. What a great answer.

Posted by: Carissa | May 18, 2010 2:42:53 AM

6. Ok. Now it's Parsons' turn. Yeah!

Posted by: Rodney | May 18, 2010 3:01:10 AM

7. But he obviously is.

Posted by: N_london | May 18, 2010 8:11:52 AM

8. Loved his reply. I'm always amazed when actors, gay or straight, don't seem to know how to respond to the inane gay questions when they know they are, more likely than not, coming. Many stumble and stammer trying to evade an honest reply making themselves look as if they are hiding something (and of course, some are) rather than simply deflect the question with a innocuous reply. I too was somewhat surprised that it was Whoopi who asked the question since she herself has previously been the subject of gay rumors and recently announced that she would not publicly discuss her current boyfriend. And, while I love Whoopie I can hardly chalk this up to her lack of being prepared - she's a professional and exactly how long does it take to read a question to yourself before reading it out loud? It's not like she's out there all by herself because half the time you can't even ask a complete question or statement without being interrupted by at least one of the other hosts.

Posted by: ChrisM | May 18, 2010 8:13:17 AM

9. Since most of his fellow actors/actresses on Rosanne are gay(some closeted/some not)it makes sense that he is comfortable with the subject.

Posted by: SFshawn | May 18, 2010 11:19:53 AM

10. For everyone upset with Whoopi for even asking this type of question...At the start of the show, it was announced that Johnny Galecki would be addressing a rumor that had been floating around for years. Whoopi (and everyone else, including Galecki) knew that question was going to be read. I'm pretty sure it was an opportunity to get the point across to everyone that there's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay.

Posted by: Gavin James | May 18, 2010 1:08:04 PM

11. His performance off and then on Braodway("the Little Dog...") was worth it just to see him up close and personal....this man/boy is very well furnished...if you know what I mean.
    woof!!

Posted by: winnst | May 18, 2010 5:31:30 PM

12. The answer was a really good answer. However, it also sounded premeditated. I bet he has been asked the answer a few times before, just not in a venue that was as public as "The View". From what I can tell he is a VERY private person.

Posted by: JME | Jan 8, 2012 2:25:59 PM

13. "I've never really addressed those rumors because I always figured, why defend yourself against something that's not offensive?"

Sure, but if is not offensive, why not answer the question? If you wanted to know more about me and asked, "Is it true that your favorite color is orange?"...I would answer, "no, I am not a big fan of orange.", even though I do not find it an offensive question. If you asked me, "Are you into guys?", I would reply, "Absolutely not!" because I would not want to be misrepresented in any way....despite the question, answer, and topic not being offensive in any way. In other words, I think he gave a BS answer.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know more about the celebrities that entertain us. I, myself, have looked up to see if Charlize Theron is married and what sign Natalie Portman is. Its part of the whole fantasy. If sexuality is really not an offensive topic, then why not just state that you are straight and proud of it? Personally, I see a double standard here.....its fine to be gay and proud of it, but I can't be straight and proud of it? To say that on national TV would make you a "homophobe" and I think that is unfair.

Posted by: John | Aug 28, 2012 12:06:34 AM

14. JOHNNY GALECKI IS ABSOLUTLY NOT GAY!!!. I have nothing against the Gay community, but it seems to be what people use, if they either don't like the person, or it's necessary to like that individual. I worked with Johnny, on Roseanne, for 5 years, and he is a great guy. I have been married 52 years, and over the years, without getting into personal things, I will stand behind my word...JOHNNY IS NOT GAY!!!!! Gay people get enough, can't we just let them live?????

Posted by: TONY SCARDINO | Jan 3, 2013 3:13:47 PM

15. Jonny Galeck, came out in some Gay Mag. back in the 90's while doing Roseanne's Show. Why he now says that he is not Gay, is his business. However, he is not fooling anyone but himself. I personally do not give a Rat's A_ _, if you know what I mean ? I did not like him in Roseanne's Show and I do not like him in Big Bang Theory. I feel that he absolutely brings nothing to the Show at all. So Jonny if it makes you feel BIGGER and BETTER about yourself, you truly must need the false build-up...Just remember, that the one that it matter's to is first God then yourself, so therefore, "To your ownself be true".

Posted by: Gary Shanahan | Sep 10, 2014 6:09:05 AM

16. The Big Bang Theory. Never heard of him? Really? America's handsome "nerd." More gay friendly? Sheldon is a closet homo with a pretend girlfriend, Amy. LOL

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Sep 12, 2014 9:09:46 AM