I'm Gay | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

90210 Hunk to Come Out of the Closet

90210

On the show, that is. Michael Ausiello reports:

"And this isn’t some sort of angst-fueled, bi-curious sweeps arc à la Adrianna’s season 2 flirtation with Rumer Willis. We will learn that the straight-acting character in question—let the record show that we’re referring to Matt Lanter’s recovering rebel Liam, Michael Steger’s smart and tenderhearted Navid, or Trevor Donovan’s tennis pro Teddy—is actually gay. How can I be so sure? Well, for starters, one of the show’s producers is confirming it. 'We want to address the issue in a real and relatable way,' says co-EP Jennie Urman, who says the coming-out plot is but one of several 'great story lines' fans can look forward to in season 3."

Haven't seen the show, but those of you who are familiar should feel free to speculate in the comments.

Comments

1. Never seen the show, but definitely the middle guy---he seems to have the most botox. Or maybe the guy on the left. Possibly the guy on the right.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 13, 2010 6:29:29 PM

2. I don't watch the show, primarily because I'm worried someone might catch me watching it. However, I do think all three are attractive. I've read all the comments on Ausiello and the concensus seems to be Teddy, the blond. I think he's very pretty for a man in his thirties and I can't imagine who will play his boyfriend (Please don't let it be Doogie's real life bf). Matt Lanter's eyes however make my knees buckle.

Posted by: Umberto | Jul 13, 2010 6:49:05 PM

3. When I first started watching the show, I was SHOCKED when I found out that Navid was supposed to be straight. After the whole Adrianna storyline, I don't know how they could pull off a now-I'm-gay thing, but this is nighttime soap, so who knows?

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 13, 2010 7:08:33 PM

4. That's nice. Now, why are there never any Gays or Lesbians on The Hills?

Posted by: bigolpoofter | Jul 13, 2010 7:12:21 PM

5. Well, all of these characters have had female love interests on the show, which is not at all uncommon for a young person coming to terms with who they are and finding themselves. I had girlfriends, who I had sex with, as well when I was in college.

My guess would be the tennis player: overbearing father who has interfered in his previous relationships because he wanted him to focus on his tennis career.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 13, 2010 7:21:53 PM

6. Good lord, let it be Teddy. Hopefully, it'll make the character more interesting.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Jul 13, 2010 7:53:07 PM

7. I want it to be Teddy, probably going to be Naveed. Two pussy hounds and a hopeless romantic who runs the school news outlet, you do the math.
    Honestly though as someone who watches the show, and who happens to be gay, there is no way they can make this believable, and this is a show where a 16 year old has her own mcmansion. I mean if they had brought it up lightly this season they could out him next season.

Posted by: moinmalibu | Jul 13, 2010 8:03:26 PM

8. So the guy on the left is about to take a shower. I send him my thanks for sharing his private moment. But why, praytell, does he look like he's already showered quite recently, and his hair has already been extremely carefully styled? Did someone spill a Dr. Pepper in his lap while he was sitting in the make-up chair?

And re the guy in the middle, so how much time does he spend to groom his whiskers just so? Is wax involved?

Posted by: Kiefer | Jul 13, 2010 8:09:58 PM

9. Since Matt is gay in real life (shhhh!), the producers would choose one of the others. Plot twist!

Posted by: Castor Reigns | Jul 13, 2010 9:13:47 PM

10. I think it's most likely Naveed (he's apparently supposed to be guesting gay on True Blood this season too) but I might lean to Teddy. He's the most "ladies man" kind of guy and the least able to maintain a sexual relationship with a girl on the show.

Liam has been with many girls on the show and his love and sexual affection seems genuine, at least within the realms of a tv show.

Granted, none of that matters since they can say anyone is gay for any reason at any time. I suppose that's good and bad.

Posted by: Erik | Jul 13, 2010 10:02:02 PM

11. Remember those Matt Lanter webcam nudes that quietly disappeared?

Posted by: DD | Jul 14, 2010 12:33:51 AM

12. I'm guessing utterly in a superficial way - Navid (he's the one in the middle right?) - given that the show's demographic is really gay men and teenage girls, the other two would disappoint too many teenage girls (on the basis that they're all cute, but the other two are cuter).

I'm just that shallow today.

Posted by: Ryank | Jul 14, 2010 2:28:36 AM

13. what exactly does "straight acting" mean???
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by: jim | Jul 14, 2010 10:19:31 AM

14. I'm hoping it's Liam (he's beautiful and 90210 would become my favorite show if we get to see Matt Lanter make out with guys on a regular basis). I just don't see them doing it since he's the main draw for all of the straight teenage girls that watch the show, and if you look at the comments on Ausiello, they really, really, really don't want Liam to go gay.

Posted by: Nickysix | Jul 14, 2010 12:11:42 PM

15. 'We want to address the issue in a real and relatable way.'

Right, because so many of us are white, rich, pretty boys for whom life is so easy. So relatable.

Posted by: MateoM | Jul 14, 2010 12:41:40 PM

16. I believe straight acting is what a gay boy does before he comes out. Of course, there are good actors and bad.

Posted by: Dom | Jul 14, 2010 1:49:37 PM

17. Castor, shhhh, nobody's supposed to know that.

Posted by: Marcus | Jul 14, 2010 4:15:34 PM