Comments

1. says

There is so much hate in the world. Thanks to Memphis City Councilwoman Janis Fullilove for sponsoring this bill and supporting the rights of gay city employees, despite the death threats and hate crimes. We salute you!!!

Chris Rich
    Your Gay REALTOR in Connecticut

2. Bob says

Can you please stop putting things “after the jump”? This is normally used in newspapers where you have to flip the page to get the rest of the story. Also, it screws with my RSS reader.

3. One of the CA 36,000 says

Just another example of “Christians” showing their love for their fellow humans.

Sick inbred Tennessee fuckwits.

Big shout-out of support to Janis Fullilove, who REALLY represents the best of Tennesseeans and straight allies to the LGBTQ cause. And a big “FUCK YOU!” to the hillbilly assholes threatening her. I hope they find them and take away their welfare, with which they’re obviously funding their meth labs.

4. Chris says

Bravo to Fullilove for not bowing to pressure from these pathetic individuals – I hope they’re tracked down and prosecuted for doing this.

Bob – I believe the ‘jump’ thing is usually done so that the main page loads quicker (since if it featured the full posts there’d be multiple embedded videos, a lot more images, etc).

5. pParkerT says

I lived in Memphis for twenty years and I can tell you that animosity and intolerance are the local religions. When the races aren’t duking it out, they turn on smaller groups. Everyone, it seems, is holier than thou there. I can’t believe I put up with it for as long as I did.

6. says

Leave it to “christians” to kill an innocent cat as part of a death threat.

And they’re the ones screaming “WE JUST WANT GAYS TO BE NORMAL, LIKE US!!”. To them, “normal” means being like Ted Bundy or Norman Bates.

7. sugarrhill says

There aren’t that many supportive comments on this page because she’s black and a woman. Had this been some muscular jock on a motorcycle with a tool belt there would be 3 pages of comments. Sorry, Chitown Kev. I guess you were being sarcastic.

8. RED DEVIL says

Who would waste a poor cat on Janis F

Posted by: david e johnson | Jul 29, 2010 10:15:53 PM

Why would a Black person support white Gay Racists…That is beyond me. Maybe it’s good that Prop 8 was voted in.

So sad what a bunch of ungrateful fags…Not all of course but here YES!

9. Rick says

I’ve lived in Memphis all my life. While I’m thankful for her support, I’m not exaggerating when I say this woman is absolutely crazy. I certainly wouldn’t pick her as a ally. Intolerance is definitely a huge problem though. I know two teenagers personally who are being forced to go through reorientation counseling- not to mention all of the outright violence against the LGBT community-, and it breaks my heart.