Joe Manganiello | True Blood

Joe Manganiello Explains How To Get That Werewolf Look

Joe
True Blood's brawny new werewolf, Joe Manganiell, will end up on an upcoming cover for Muscle & Fitness magazine. Entertainment Tonight followed him around during the photoshoot for the mag and he revealed how he gets "that werewolf animal look." After letting his hair and beard grow out, then it's just 45 minutes of daily cardio and eating "tons of meat." And to make him seem even more feral, when eating said meat, sometimes he won't even use utensils.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Being 23 helps too.....woof.

Posted by: steve | Jul 18, 2010 3:02:10 PM

2. Joe 23 years old? I think he's 33, born same year as me in 76. But he's a sight to see that's for sure!

Posted by: SpaceDog76 | Jul 18, 2010 3:10:11 PM

3. he's 33. Facial hair's disgusting. He's almost as gross looking as that rugby player featured yesterday. WTF is up with the bear parade as of late? Ick.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 3:14:09 PM

4. Tank, Tank, Tank.

Posted by: JT - the original | Jul 18, 2010 3:23:30 PM

5. To both JT and Tank: I will happily take an all natural masculine man than an androgynous stick-figure. The age of the pedophilia inspired models is over. Welcome to daddy country.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 18, 2010 3:31:31 PM

6. Something tells me that all natural "masculine man" means sloppy out of shape bear past 35 who falls into whatever clothes are clean and fit, this week...that's your thing, wobert...good for you...no judgment here. "Daddies" smell like dying and have that body coldness to them that's...hilarious and revolting at the same time. God I wish men would just die after 35, or not age so dramatically.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 3:37:38 PM

7. "then it's just 45 minutes of daily cardio and eating 'tons of meat.'"
    That's a diet i could go for, seriously i like when guys are guys. I may be skinny now but wouldn't mind having that body after eating tons of meat. Seriously i get the impression on here that some of us have to be picky about everything. What's wrong with having a rugby or wolf like body? woof

Posted by: Redebbm | Jul 18, 2010 3:41:14 PM

8. Tank, I assume you're planning on doing yourself in on your 35th birthday.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jul 18, 2010 3:42:43 PM

9. No. LOL! Nope, there's no point to suicide at 35...you're already dead; you just haven't realized it, yet.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 3:47:56 PM

10. I think Joe just created a transformation in my pants :-P

Damn, he is one of the hottest men I've seen in a very long time. Extremely handsome and a fantastic body. You'd have to be insane... or a straight man to not want some of that.

Posted by: David in Houston | Jul 18, 2010 3:57:28 PM

11. @Tank, you're a moron. I agree with Mike In The Tundra. Go ahead and an kill yourself. You would be doing humanity a favor.

Posted by: rick | Jul 18, 2010 4:00:08 PM

12. Silly, Tank is already dead. At least on the inside.

Posted by: ger | Jul 18, 2010 4:07:51 PM

13. Love a real man. Twinks are so day before yesterday.

Posted by: Bobby | Jul 18, 2010 4:36:25 PM

14. You can all have different tastes in men (music, clothes, pizza toppings, etc.) without wishing each other dead.

Posted by: Max | Jul 18, 2010 4:37:22 PM

15. he's a 9.5 for sure...now get him some forearm and chest hair....and he's an 11!!!!

Posted by: RexTrek | Jul 18, 2010 4:43:27 PM

16. Oh sweet lord in heaven that is a beautiful man.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Jul 18, 2010 4:45:18 PM

17. @Tank, wishes are just that wishes. I wish Joe was gay and would come do me now, in a way where you know he'd hurt me just enough. Woof. Bring it on.

Posted by: Ryan K | Jul 18, 2010 4:53:18 PM

18. I give him credit for admitting to working out and eating a diet with lots of meat instead of saying is body is due to genetics and a 'healthy lifestyle.'

Posted by: Castor Reigns | Jul 18, 2010 4:57:33 PM

19. Tank: GUTI not everyone is into skinny twinks.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Jul 18, 2010 7:05:43 PM

20. @TANK & @Robert and anyone else who has a problem with hair or no hair:

STFU!

Frankly I like both this look and the look of the shaved 20-something models. There is more than enough room for both of these looks plus many more. So stop bitching!

Posted by: ravewulf | Jul 18, 2010 7:06:43 PM

21. @ Tank: I'm about to become 56 and can say that I was a hell of a lot sexier and attractive to other men after I hit 40.....not only did my body hit its peak in my 40's, but I was more uninhibited and better in bed than when I was younger.

As for Joe being genetically gifted, working out, or eating a lot of protein, if you read his bio online you'll find out that he's an athlete who was quarterback of his HS football team and played basketball. I'd say his athleticism gave him a head start, that he does have great genetics (the guy is 6'5" and is able to put on that much muscle) and he works out and feeds his body what it needs to be that size. In any case, the man is perfection.

Posted by: Jim | Jul 18, 2010 7:20:33 PM

22. Joe is one hot mofo and I'm really surprised by how calm(ing?) he is. He doesn't speak like he's full of himself and seems exceptionally low-key in every interview. Did I mention that he's hot?

Posted by: Drew | Jul 18, 2010 7:30:17 PM

23. Tank, you are such a girl. So not attractive.

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Jul 18, 2010 7:32:51 PM

24. "@ Tank: I'm about to become 56 and can say that I was a hell of a lot sexier and attractive to other men after I hit 40.....not only did my body hit its peak in my 40's, but I was more uninhibited and better in bed than when I was younger."

Well, good for you! If it was experienced well by you given the type of men you're attracted to, and the kind of body you had before you hit your peak at 40...why not. I don't mean to come down on "older" people. It's not so bad for some of them, clearly. Those others seem to welcome getting older and closer to death, and age gracefully. And I don't want to come down on people who are into different body types, either...whatever lifts your luggage...if older men who are bears or bearish...peeing on/getting peed on, or body and facial hair, and tattoos are your bag, why not, huh? It's harmless, just like the opposite is...we can't police preference; it just is.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 7:34:04 PM

25. Facial & body fur are freak'N hot! His long hair is kinda lame-ass though.

Posted by: MoJo | Jul 18, 2010 9:13:26 PM