AIDS/HIV | Argentina | Barney Frank | Facebook | Film | Hugh Jackman | Jake Shears | Kathy Griffin | Prince William | Sarah Palin | Space | Taylor Lautner

News: Kathy Griffin, Virgin Galactic, Sarah Palin, HIV, Facebook

road Two men dancing the tango together in Argentina is as much of an issue these days as two men getting married.

road Barney Frank does not think Kathy Griffin is funny.

Original road Commercial flights on Virgin Galactic one step closer to reality: "For the first time VSS Enterprise flew with crew on board. As planned, the spaceship remained attached to VMS Eve (captive) for the duration of the flight and numerous combined vehicle systems tests were conducted. In addition and for the first time, the two crew members on board VSS Enterprise, evaluated all of the spaceship’s systems and functions from end to end in the air. Objectives achieved."

road Queer Frame, a film distribution company "dedicated to gay and lesbian art titles," is born in Italy.

road Jake Shears on gay youth: “I’m not seeing as many young people anymore – I think it’s a generational thing. I don’t think young people are identifying with a solely gay scene – they have all sorts of friends and don’t necessarily want to just go to a gay bar.”

road Andrew Lloyd Weber talks The Wizard Of Oz.

Hiv

road Human Rights Watch: "Only by protecting the human rights of marginalized and vulnerable populations can we succeed in ending HIV transmission and ensuring universal access to care. Laws in more than 160 countries that criminalize sex workers, drug users, men who have sex with men, and HIV exposure or transmission impede effective HIV outreach and discourage people from seeking treatment."

road Can Taylor Lautner play a young WOlverine in the new X-Men movie? According to Hugh Jackman, yes, but only if he can grow mutton chops.

road Someone should tell Ke$ha that this is not a good look.

road Prince Williams dons his whitest whites for a game of cricket.

road California State University paid Sarah Palin $75,000 to fumble through deliver a speech.

road What happens to the Facebook pages of those who have passed?

road World's oldest champagne found in the Baltic sea: The lucky diver who found it said it tasted "fantastic."

Comments

1. Find out about the latest SCANDAL involving the University of Michigan’s first gay student body president, Chris Armstrong (Armstrong’s seduction of his VP, Jason Raymond). Go to “Chris Armstrong Watch” NOW!

Posted by: Anti-Armstrong | Jul 18, 2010 5:46:21 PM

2. Ok, some little spam troll is obsessed with Chris Armstrong. Has anyone else noticed this keeps popping up in the comments? Nothing on that smear site smacks of a scandal except the fact that some deranged anti-fan took the time to put it up.

Bored of it, dude.

Unrelated, why is a state university paying a politician to campaign? Sounds like misappropriation to me.

Posted by: Max | Jul 18, 2010 6:56:05 PM

3. Kesha is a complete waste of life no-talent ass clown. Anyone who likes her music should give suicide some serious consideration.

Posted by: Greenthumb55 | Jul 18, 2010 9:16:55 PM

4. Palin & Kesha are both talentless pieces of shite! I welcome their demise...

Posted by: MoJo | Jul 18, 2010 9:47:43 PM

5. I never thought I'd find myself defending kathy griffin, but that useless, corrupt gastropod barney frank can go straight to hell. He's no one to talk about tasteless comedy.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 18, 2010 9:54:49 PM

6. Another adaption of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz,you have the original movie,Wicked,The Wiz and a new movie coming out just about the Wizard.Come up with something new and original already,what else could you do with that story? Is it going to be like the wiz? Because I'd much rather see a remake of The Wiz at least it had better songs.It seems to me April Rhodes is finally gonna get her all white production of The Wiz.

Posted by: Rooney | Jul 19, 2010 1:35:25 AM

7. For financial and health reasons, I wouldn't have opened or drank that bottle of champagne, even with 15 others around. Glad it tasted good!

I get annoyed when people complain about Towleroad's coverage of Gaga, Banksy, and Scissor Sisters, but at least they've tried to do interesting things even if not fully realized. By contrast, I'd love to never see anything ever again about Kesha (or Katy Perry, Mariah, or Britney).

Barney Frank was impressive many years ago, despite his hooker scandal. A bright man who has spent too long in Washington. Politics kills.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 19, 2010 3:01:19 AM

8. Ok Mr Frank - I like you and we both know that Mr Brown is handsome but c'mon - it was a joke! Many jokes were made after Scott Brown announced that his daughters were single a few mos. back. Get a grip.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 19, 2010 4:04:46 AM

9. Did everyone in D.C. Have a sense of humor bi pass?

Posted by: LG Wilson | Jul 19, 2010 4:30:01 AM

10. I watch Kathy's show, but mainly to see her torment her poor mother. When she clicks she can be very funny, but she misses as often. She's honest about the "look at me!" aspect of her personality, but after a while it's still just plain old "look at me!." As for Barney, he just needs more fiber.

Posted by: romeo | Jul 19, 2010 10:26:16 AM

11. The senator is a fair target for humor. The daughters are not. Griffin was out of line.

And it wasn't funny.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Jul 19, 2010 12:13:38 PM

12. No LGBT filmmaker with an ounce of dignity about himself will allow a company called Queer Frame to distribute his or her film. (Now, let's sit back and see how many LGBT filmmakers have less than an ounce of dignity.) Nobody wants to hear it, but I won't stop speaking the truth: Nothing that we do and nothing that we are is "queer". Gay is good. Bi is beautiful. Trans is terrif. The queer ones are those who ain't got what we got going for us, and are dumb enough to be conceited about it.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Jul 19, 2010 3:14:30 PM

13. Ugh, Washington DC culture..Less about Kathy, and more about creating political connections, however flimsy they may be. Lighten up Barney.

Posted by: Joel V | Jul 19, 2010 4:13:22 PM

14. As much as I love me some Kathy, I just didn't get the joke. To me it came out of left field and made no sense at all. I thought, "Maybe there's some scandal I haven't heard about concerning his daughters. Maybe they're like the Bush twins when they were raising all kinds of hell." But I didn't find anything supporting that. At all. And usually Kathy has her shit together that way.

And the whole "disclaimer" thing right after she said it threw me off too. I know for a fact Kathy has control over what does and does not go into her act and on her show. So if you have to put up a disclaimer after a joke, why even put the joke up to begin with?

To me, the joke fell flat. Which is unusual because generally she has me laughing out loud. I guess I just didn't get it.

Posted by: Stephen | Jul 19, 2010 5:27:23 PM