Christina Aguilera | Music | Music Video | News | Sia

Watch: New Christina Aguilera Video for 'You Lost Me'

Youlostme

The video for Christina Aguilera's new single "You Lost Me" is now online. Aguilera wrote the song with Sia.

Said Aguilera of working with the Australian artist: "Her songs are so introverted and so vulnerable, when you listen to her lyrics, they’re just so raw that I’m thinking, ‘Wow, she must be this serious person’. I was all nervous. My husband has to be the one to nudge me and say, ‘Honey, if you like her that much, why don’t you just call her and work with her.’ … So when I met her for the first time, she was nothing like I had thought. Just super high energy and fun and up."

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Seriously?

I gave up after the first chorus

Completely boring. Painfully simple song

Posted by: Richie | Jul 22, 2010 11:30:18 AM

2. Looks like she gave up too...

Posted by: phillip | Jul 22, 2010 11:39:15 AM

3. What the hell was that?

Posted by: Maverick69 | Jul 22, 2010 11:53:41 AM

4. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the song. It's the singer. Xtina cannot pull off a "Sia song." Sia conveys edge, depth, vulnerability and power in her vocals while Xtina only has power and pretentiousness. As I watched the video I imagined Sia singing it and let me tell you, it would have killed if she had.

Posted by: Q | Jul 22, 2010 12:08:43 PM

5. the best version was on american idol - and it was amazing. start at about the 4 min mark here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzswnGxZ3UY&feature=related

Posted by: me | Jul 22, 2010 12:08:50 PM

6. I actually liked it. I like the conflict of the melody, the voice, and the lyrics. The subject matter is super painful and complicated (You couldn't keep your hands to yourself), yet the song with its simplicity seeks to explain how easy it would have been to do other wise; how easy it is for her to not do what you did. I also like the speed in which the video is shot, I remember several of the crisis that I've had, and... at times it really feels like life has slowed down to make sure that I experience every second-- every millisecond-- of a painful situation.

That's just my two cents.

Posted by: CalCarlos | Jul 22, 2010 12:12:54 PM

7. Interesting. I think it will grow on me. If nothing else, it is nice to hear her hold back on the fireworks for once.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jul 22, 2010 12:13:36 PM

8. I think this song will separate the boys from the men...
    The little boys will think it's boring due to the lack of syntho-pop enhanced vocals and techno beat that only Britney can bring...
    The men will appreciate it for the the lyrics and vocal talent that only a true performer can deliver.

Posted by: SeaMonster | Jul 22, 2010 12:32:58 PM

9. Her record company needed to put out a song that would try to re-establish her in Top 40 after the failure of Not Myself Tonight, but unfortunately this new song & vid is another nail in her coffin. Let's hope her movie career takes off because I still really like her.

Posted by: cf511 | Jul 22, 2010 12:49:43 PM

10. you can definitely hear Sia in that

not bad imo

the video is definitely better than her last one

Posted by: neverstops | Jul 22, 2010 12:50:29 PM

11. Simply Beautiful!!

Posted by: JoeWV | Jul 22, 2010 1:11:42 PM

12. I think I liked this more knowing that Sia was behind it. You could totally hear her influence.

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 22, 2010 1:24:17 PM

13. Oh god, it's just a song and video, BIG DEAL!

I loved it!

Posted by: Marc | Jul 22, 2010 1:24:52 PM

14. gorgeous! what a touching song!

Posted by: phil | Jul 22, 2010 1:24:52 PM

15. Xtina's gonna lose her record contract. The album's a bomb, and this third single will bomb.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 22, 2010 2:13:05 PM

16. Man, talk about the power of Perez's poison. I think the song is beautiful because it isn't all dance and pop and synth. Her voice is still beautiful, and its refreshing to hear something is isn't auto-tuned to all hell. The video isn't the greatest, but in turn, it is simple just like the song. No over the top effects, no dance choreography.

A+ for staying classy.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 22, 2010 2:24:55 PM

17. The video's crap, but the song's got soul

Posted by: daniel | Jul 22, 2010 2:47:20 PM

18. Beautiful song, beautiful voice. Why aren't people buying her music?

Posted by: Bill | Jul 22, 2010 3:58:48 PM

19. Wow, it's certainly become in vogue to bash Xtina!!! I guess she shouldn't fuck with Gaga's little monsters or that asshole Perez Hilton. Sheesh! There was a time all us fags were holding her up in such high esteem after the "Beautiful" video. Now all these queens are screaming "Gaga rip-off!!!"

I think the song is great. It's my favorite from the album. (Okay, the album is weak.) The video is a bit dull, but she looks & sounds fantastic as always.

Posted by: Matt | Jul 22, 2010 4:06:05 PM

20. I song Vanity on the CD is funny and amazing! I guarantee it'll be a huge hit- at leats in the clubs- whenever they release it!

Posted by: Tom A. | Jul 22, 2010 4:35:14 PM

21. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjfA9TzjALs

Posted by: Tom A. | Jul 22, 2010 4:38:50 PM

22. Finally, a song for grownups. It's great - not the shallow crap from the artists today.

She's a real singer. Get it, kids? Real.

Posted by: David T | Jul 22, 2010 5:43:40 PM

23. The beginning reminds me of Winter Kills by Yaz.

Posted by: Marco | Jul 22, 2010 5:49:06 PM

24. Huge Sia fan, so I'm inclined to like this. Sia or not, though, xtina can sing. It pained me to see her stumble with her "comeback," but if she just sticks to her own identity--someone who can effing SING--then makes it edgy in her own way, i think she'll be fine.

Posted by: b | Jul 22, 2010 5:58:55 PM

25. @matt its the same gaga haters that are hating on cristina,just boring losers those folks are

Posted by: sal | Jul 22, 2010 6:45:22 PM