Fight Back NY opens State Senator Ruben Diaz's Closet
Fight Back NY has posted the results of its request for information on New York state senator and gay marriage foe, Ruben Diaz, Sr. What did they turn up? See below.
"10 Truths About Ruben"
- Ruben Diaz was investigated by the FBI
- He was arrested for possession of heroin and marijuana
- Ruben Diaz was only member of the New York Senate to vote against the ethics reform bill
- He was the only Democrat in the New York Senate to vote to shut down the state government
- Ruben Diaz refused to meet with his own constituents
- He compared the use of stem cells for medical research to the Nazis using “the ashes of the Jews to make bars of soap.”
- Ruben Diaz appropriated monies totaling $250,000 to an organization he founded, the Christian Community Benevolent Association
- He also appropriated monies totaling $1,120,000 to the Hispanic Federation, of which the Christian Community Benevolent Association is a part (see #7)
- Ruben Diaz defended former Sen. Hiram Monserrate, who was expelled from the Senate due to a conviction for misdemeanor assault against his girlfriend
- Ruben Diaz and three other Democrats refused to support the Majority Leader, only to change their minds after he "offered them perks and committee chairmanships."
Fight Back NY wants people to know that Ruben Diaz, Sr. is bad for all New Yorkers.