Meghan McCain | News | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Meghan McCain Talks Sarah Palin

Mccain

Meghan McCain speaks out for the first time about Sarah Palin and the effect she had on her father's failed campaign in an interview with George Stephanopoulos.

ABC News reports:

"In the book, McCain refers to Palin as 'the Time Bomb,' and calls her selection the very definition of the 'line between genius and insanity.' One area where McCain does not stumble is her take on Sarah Palin's 'disastrous' interview with CBS News' Katie Couric before the vice presidential debate, when Palin couldn't even state what newspapers she read. 'Katie Couric's interview with her before the vice presidential debate had been disastrous. Unhappy with her performance, Palin seemed to blame the interview on the campaign. And she continued to blame other poor interviews and snafus on the campaign too,' McCain writes. 'Sarah Palin. She was turning out to be somebody who leaves a wake of confusion and chaos -- to the point of dizziness -- wherever she went.'"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Palin is speaking at the GOP's Ronald Reagan dinner in Iowa next month, another sign she may be considering a presidential run.

Comments

1. Regardless of her views, it's so refreshing to see her air her feelings, maybe not a positive manner, but at least a respectful one. She comes off as very reasonable.

Posted by: TonsofT | Aug 31, 2010 1:11:57 PM

2. Hmmm... just too... smarmy. To paraphrase Lou Grant; "I hate smarm".

Posted by: Rad | Aug 31, 2010 1:58:05 PM

3. Ugg, she's a poor spokesperson for anything here. Timidly apologetic and unwilling to criticize people she clearly has disdain for. Meghan, Sarah Palin took your father's already weak campaign and drove it into the side of a mountain. Palin is not a feminist, but an ignorant soccer-mom elitist who knows nothing higher than herself and the almighty dollar.

Posted by: earthlingdave | Aug 31, 2010 2:27:23 PM

4. The republican party as it stands today is unbelievably hypocritical and dare I say it, just fundamentally evil.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 31, 2010 2:50:48 PM

5. Even a whisper of sincerity from any quarter of the political spin zone is refreshing. Whether she personally appeals to anyone or not (she grew on me, I admit) ANY opportunity to have a conversation without hysterical talking heads screaming Fox-centric sound bites is a welcome change, to me. So much legitimate resentment towards the Republican Party makes it hard to view anyone with an open mind, but I sincerely want a country where a dialog is possible. My screaming at them -- as much as I have, as much as I want to, as angry as I can get -- is no more helpful than them screaming at me.
    And regardless of political leanings, it *is* a fascinating backdrop against which to come of age. Un-invited from her father's campaign AND a meal with the Bush's? For those things alone, I think the kid's got something.

Posted by: JauntyJohn | Aug 31, 2010 4:11:12 PM

6. There's an add for SarahPAC on your front page right now! So she IS supporting "The Gay Agenda"! Bwahahaha!

Posted by: K | Aug 31, 2010 5:32:55 PM

7. I have no respect at all for Meghan McCain. She can wear a NOH8 shirt all she wants. Her father is an elected official who actively discriminates against gays and is a total hypocrite went back on every promise he ever made just to win re-election and to stop President Obama.

She was on Good Morning America today and came off as a spoiled, bratty child.

Posted by: Dean | Sep 1, 2010 10:52:39 AM