Gay Marriage | News | NOM | Pennsylvania

Watch: Men Making Fashion Statement Attack Gay Marriage

Harris1

My, the "traditional marriage" supporters in Harrisburg, PA are colorful and coordinated.

NOM Tour Tracker photographed this group from the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property on NOM's penultimate stop in Pennsylvania.

They also interviewed the group's lead twink, who is adamant about his definition of a family.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Harris2

Comments

1. These guys are all closet cases!!!!

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 16, 2010 11:14:40 AM

2. i love it when people like this try to break down arguments. So hilariously dumb (once you get past the sadness of the hate-mongering)

Posted by: Nathaniel R | Aug 16, 2010 11:15:17 AM

3. I don't care about "God's marriage" or how they think their god feels about my marriage. However, I care that my marriage has all the same rights and recognition by the Government.

Oy, the disconnect of these people.

Posted by: Tonic | Aug 16, 2010 11:16:23 AM

4. What fucking idiots. How about widows or widowers raising kids? How about single people raising children who are orphaned?

I also agree with Ryan, the more noise someone makes about this issue the more they are trying to hide something.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Aug 16, 2010 11:24:29 AM

5. I couldn't even watch the video at first. All I saw were little neo-Nazis in their swaddling delusions. It makes me want to set fire to them all with a flamethrower because their stupidity is a communicable disease that should be eradicated.

Of course, that makes me just as bad as the lynch mob, but in my own defense, that's exactly what my response is, a defense. These fucks say whatever they want, make shows of "religious piety" (what a fucking joke!) and in the interim, incite others to violence by invoking the great fairy tale about how it's okay to kill, enslave and mutilate the enemy, just make sure you've got the one great "God's" written permission (okay, so nobody was saying anything about that in the video - but the sentiment isn't far off).

Self-righteous stupid fucks. This just pisses me off. Go die in a fire!

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Aug 16, 2010 11:25:11 AM

6. The not-yet-out blonde is kinda' cute, and dumb. He should run for national office.

Posted by: Jon Mitchell | Aug 16, 2010 11:25:32 AM

7. What a fuckin' moron. It took 3 minutes to destroy his argument. Half a family? He just spat on millions of single-parent families.

By the way, that sash is FABULOUS!

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 16, 2010 11:27:42 AM

8. Why are they wearing pashmina's? That's sooo 1999.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Aug 16, 2010 11:28:08 AM

9. Hah...!

Mildly bemused by the adorable little blond twink in his faaaabulously distinctive red cape (red sash? red banner? judges?) a bold fashion statement... Part of me thinks that our little "caped crusader" is perhaps tad confused himself (he started his argument with "if two people", realized where that road would lead and switched to "one person and an animal").

Is it subversive of me to suspect that if another twink were to quietly propsition him, he'd spread like butter...?

Posted by: Terrance | Aug 16, 2010 11:29:13 AM

10. That blond looks like a Hitler Youth member.

Posted by: ronnykmarshall | Aug 16, 2010 11:29:19 AM

11. Closet Case Alert - all of them.

And I love that no one's honking....

Posted by: Steve | Aug 16, 2010 11:32:35 AM

12. The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and... Property? WTF? I don't get what property has to do with anything! Is it because they think of their wives as property?

Posted by: crispy | Aug 16, 2010 11:32:38 AM

13. Rather ugly get up overall (and that hair, yeesh), but whatever. Go have fun ignoring the painfully obvious things in life (love, equality, rational thought, your own sexuality) while we ignore you and make some actual progress for the betterment of humankind.

Posted by: ravewulf | Aug 16, 2010 11:36:50 AM

14. That's some very fascistic draping going on, there...

Posted by: TPL | Aug 16, 2010 11:38:42 AM

15. "An Aryan from Darien with braces on her brains."

Posted by: Tone | Aug 16, 2010 11:47:07 AM

16. Love you for the Mame quote, Tone!

Posted by: echovic | Aug 16, 2010 11:49:52 AM

17. I would guess getting married with these guys won't bring too much nor too often laughter, enjoyment, happiness, relaxation into the marriage life of their wives...

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 16, 2010 11:52:42 AM

18. These people are nuts. I went to penn state where they were constantly on campus telling us we were all going to hell for being adulterers. Its not just the gays who they hate.

Posted by: Rob | Aug 16, 2010 11:55:12 AM

19. tossers

Posted by: arch | Aug 16, 2010 11:58:26 AM

20. I love that when the twink was asked if it was important to him at 1:30, he said yes, while shaking his head no.

Posted by: Alpha | Aug 16, 2010 12:04:42 PM

21. If you can only get married according to 'God's' 'definition how do they explain the fact that men and women who don't believe in God are still able to marry. Buddhists can get married . . . Hindu people can get married. . . what's the difference?

P.S. Why aren't these people as insulted by the Christian right as gay people are? They are basically being as dismissed as us.

Posted by: MT | Aug 16, 2010 12:06:16 PM

22. The web site for this organization is at
    tfp.org. It is a lay Catholic organization.

They have a poll on the prop 8 decision....
    I suggest we all respond to it.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 16, 2010 12:08:18 PM

23. I liked the first guy, Elias, who said one of the reasons they wore the red "cape" was because it "is very attractive." LOL

Posted by: BCNKC | Aug 16, 2010 12:08:58 PM

24. I have nothing against str8 people getting married.

Posted by: anon | Aug 16, 2010 12:18:05 PM

25. heeeeere kitty kitty kitty...

Posted by: dattexas | Aug 16, 2010 12:18:07 PM