News | Providence

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Providence Mayoral Candidate Belts One Out

Young

Earlier this week, FOX Providence morning show The Rhode Show interviewed mayoral candidate Chris Young, and made the mistake of asking him what he does for fun. This host must have been valedictorian at Keeping a Straight Face school.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

UPDATE: Young proposed to his girlfriend during last night's debate, and earlier this year had to be escorted from another debate for refusing to remove a large statue of the Virgin Mary he had brought with him.

Comments

1. oh poor girl was taken aback by that "heady" answer ... and he is an awful song writer and singer

Posted by: Walter T | Aug 25, 2010 1:48:37 PM

2. Wow! That nearly left me brain-dead.
    What a gross, desperate, greasy looking pig. Another delusional person who thinks he can sing. And, he has a band? I bet they're all great! LOL!

Posted by: What! | Aug 25, 2010 1:50:45 PM

3. She deserves a raise for remaining professional through that whole thing. I would have laughed after he pulled out the backup track.

Posted by: James | Aug 25, 2010 1:52:57 PM

4. What was more disturbing about that? The horrific singing/songwriting, his creepy demeanor, or that little tail he's wearing?

Posted by: D.R.H. | Aug 25, 2010 1:52:58 PM

5. wow...thats rlly sad, someone needs to tell this guy he cant sing.

Posted by: offishallboy | Aug 25, 2010 1:56:19 PM

6. Oh my.

Posted by: Rocco | Aug 25, 2010 2:02:07 PM

7. Great. American politics is now no different than American Idol.

Posted by: latebrosus | Aug 25, 2010 2:04:06 PM

8. She deserves a medal. I would have been on the floor in tears from laughter!

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 25, 2010 2:09:14 PM

9. The same guy used his closing remarks at the mayoral debate to propose to his girlfriend:

Posted by: Alex | Aug 25, 2010 2:15:50 PM

10. I couldn't help myself. I tore my ears off.

Posted by: Markles | Aug 25, 2010 2:25:49 PM

11. Holy crap! Is he for real? Well I suppose that he will not be the new mayor of Providence! Where is Simon when you need him? That was absolutely awful and he should be embarrassed!

Posted by: RB | Aug 25, 2010 3:20:44 PM

12. Christians are looking crazier by the day....

Posted by: Steve | Aug 25, 2010 3:25:49 PM

13. OMG, That was as bad as Tom Delay singing "Soaring Eagle"

Posted by: Maverick69 | Aug 25, 2010 3:26:35 PM

14. It's something different from the norm anyway. In local politics sometimes a zany but otherwise innocuous gesture like this can win votes. Some voters elect the name they remember best. What a hoot if he won!

Posted by: Tone | Aug 25, 2010 3:33:07 PM

15. I like his earnestness, his clearly unpolished (and unpackaged) demeaner, and his kind tone.
    So he likes to sing and can't do it very well. But, where does he stand on the issues? That's where I would go to choose whether or not he's my candidate.

P.S. Those of you picking on his appearance, look in the mirror. See something you shouldn't like?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 25, 2010 4:47:50 PM

16. Oh my!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Aug 25, 2010 5:19:42 PM

17. Sweet Jesus........I wouldn't elect him to a Board of Cats !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Aug 25, 2010 5:22:15 PM

18. Bring back the gong show!

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 25, 2010 5:57:08 PM

19. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 25, 2010 7:00:57 PM

20. We want to hire HER! No idea for what job, but whatever she's making now is not enough.

Posted by: ManPuppy Gay Social Network | Aug 25, 2010 7:20:39 PM

21. CHRIS FARLEY IS ALIVE AND WELL!

Posted by: Justin | Aug 26, 2010 1:16:08 PM

22. AHAHAHA!!!

Posted by: Scott E. | Aug 26, 2010 10:32:19 PM

23. I have a good buddy who moved down from Boston to Providence a few years ago. I go down to visit a few times a year and I gotta tell you that I see things that often make my jaw drop or just laugh my ass off , by the things I see there. We even have a saying between my buddy and me when we see something wonderfully absurd .. " Only in Providence !! " oh and Mr. Waters ... Baltimore has NOTHING on Providence for weirdness at all ! Providence is a lot of fun. It's a smooth blend of Honky tonk and the arts with a good dose of Latino thrown in for good measure

Posted by: MarkBoston | Oct 31, 2010 5:43:18 PM