McDonald's | News | Ohio

Watch: Woman Attacks Drive-Thru Window in McNugget Rage

Mcnuggets

This incident made the news last January when it happened in Toledo, Ohio:

"The woman wanted McNuggets from a McDonalds in Toledo which was only serving breakfast. She reacted by punching the drive-thru worker in the mouth and shattering the drive-thru window. It all happened around 6 a.m. New Year's Day at the east side McDonalds at the corner of Main and Front. Surveillance video, released today, captures the assault as it unfolds. The woman in the car is Melodi Dushane, 24 years old at the time...Last month, Dushane got 60 days behind bars and three years probation. She also has to pay McDonalds more than $1,500 for the damages. She apologized to the court, and her attorney says she was drinking the night of the incident and suffers from panic attacks, which she blames for leading up to the attack."

Watch (note: no sound) the just-released video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm not sure which is better. The employees fighting back (which I'm sure isn't in the training handbook), or that after she leaves, the next car pulls up towards the window as if nothing happened.

Posted by: urban bohemian | Aug 10, 2010 8:52:09 AM

2. Toxic culture. Toxic crimes.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Aug 10, 2010 8:59:00 AM

3. Seriously, why can't these fast food restaurants serve regular food from 3 am to 10 am? Not everyone sleeps at night.

Posted by: Rodney | Aug 10, 2010 9:01:59 AM

4. "Give me some FU@KIN' McNuggets!!"

She is a hard looking 24. And if she admits to being drunk why was she driving? Should be charged for that too.

Posted by: DannyP | Aug 10, 2010 9:09:22 AM

5. I don't get it. Is she gay?

Posted by: Dan | Aug 10, 2010 9:12:14 AM

6. Uggghhh!!!! Another "It isn't gay so it isn't news!" nazi. Fuck off Dan.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Aug 10, 2010 9:19:39 AM

7. The most interesting comments are on u toob.

Posted by: Tone | Aug 10, 2010 9:21:53 AM

8. I'm glad she got sixty days in jail. Think about it, 60 days for a temper tantrum. Served her right and KUDOS to the sentencing judge.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 10, 2010 9:24:30 AM

9. I have several friends who suffer from panic attacks--none of them has lashed out in this way. Chemical abuse, anger management, mental health issues, maybe, but panic attack? Sounds like an excuse.

Posted by: Ron | Aug 10, 2010 9:36:53 AM

10. Dumb bitch

Posted by: John | Aug 10, 2010 9:50:41 AM

11. My favorite is:
    "that lady really needs a happymeal asap!!!"

Posted by: sparks | Aug 10, 2010 9:51:23 AM

12. Funny, I'm always upset when they STOP serving breakfast. Its by far the best thing they have at McDonalds.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 10, 2010 10:08:38 AM

13. @ Wes ... God no. Their McGriddles, hash browns, sausage mcmuffins, etc. are all loaded with saturated fat/ heavy calories. No, I'll take a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad please.

Posted by: Rodney | Aug 10, 2010 10:24:59 AM

14. trash

Posted by: beegee | Aug 10, 2010 10:30:22 AM

15. Well I wouldn't go to McDonalds for health food, regardless. But on the rare occasion I do go to McDonalds, its never for lunch. They don't have many vegetarian options.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 10, 2010 10:35:52 AM

16. Panic attack? Yeah, she looked totally terrified.[/sarcasm]

Next (nonchalant) driver: Um, yeah, get I get an order of McNuggets with ranch dipping sauce?

Clerk: F*ck it. I quit!

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Aug 10, 2010 10:36:37 AM

17. White Trash ----

Posted by: rjp3 | Aug 10, 2010 10:41:11 AM

18. @ Rodney

Some people know how to have a treat now and then and do not have to be food Nazi's like you

Posted by: rjp3 | Aug 10, 2010 10:42:47 AM

19. @RJP3 I'm hardly a food nazi. I'm just a guy with high cholesterol.

Posted by: Rodney | Aug 10, 2010 10:53:27 AM

20. I know this is an elitist comment, but...as a former Toledoan this is exactly what's likely to happen in East Toledo. It used to be a decent working class place, people a little rough around the edges but okay if you got to know them. Now, it's a haven for loons, druggies, Palinites and trash(or is that redundant)?

Posted by: gregorybrown | Aug 10, 2010 11:13:07 AM

21. A "hard 24"? Girlfriend was probably all meth'ed out. Big problem out there in the heartland.

As for DAN's comment, "I don't get it. Is she gay?" Well, uh, no, probably not.

BUT, Dan, girlfriend can get married anytime her meth'ed-out ass wants to get married. She can get divorced and, then, get married again. She can get married in a church or at the Justice of the Peace. No one is legislating against her right to marry or promoting constitutional amendments to prohibit her from marrying.

Girlfriend probably has children. Based on girlfriend's, um, demeanor in the video clip, those children are probably emotionally neglected and psychologically if not physically abused. Girlfriend can marry any man at any time she wants.

You and I, dear DAN, cannot. So, maybe now, you'll "get it". Sometimes it's necessary to look at some of what is posted here through the "gay filter". My first reaction when I saw this was "And they let people like THAT get married, no questions asked!"

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 10, 2010 11:42:33 AM

22. I think we've all learned something today: Never get between white trash and their delicious processed meat-like products.

Posted by: Jeremy Feist | Aug 10, 2010 12:00:51 PM

23. I'm a former East Toledoan. Went to high school at Waite, just a couple blocks down Front street from this McDonald's and ate lunch there frequently when I was a kid, and GregoryBrown is right. The area has become a wasteland of slums, drugs, gangs, thugs and such, so it doesn't surprise me to see this wasted zombie freaking out because she couldn't get her McNuggets. Drinking and panic attacks? More likely, the meth didn't sit so well with her on New Year's Eve and sent her out on a drug-crazed bender.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Aug 10, 2010 12:11:50 PM

24. "@ Wes ... God no. Their McGriddles, hash browns, sausage mcmuffins, etc. are all loaded with saturated fat/ heavy calories. "

That's what McDonald's is there for. Anyone who goes there thinking they're eating healthy, regardless of what they order, is deluding themselves. And it doesn't matter how small the town is - if it has a McDonalds, it has a place where you can get healthier fare.

Posted by: Zach | Aug 10, 2010 12:20:52 PM