Arizona | Immigration | Jan Brewer | News

Watch: AZ Gov Jan Brewer Runs from Press After Demands She Recant Lies About Beheadings in the Desert

Jan_brewer

Following last night's gubernatorial debate in which she couldn't complete an opening statement, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer was confronted by the press over her false statements that beheadings were occurring in the desert.

After sidestepping the question in the debate, she does it again before running from a gaggle of press.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Remember, God tells her what to do these things.

Comments

1. OFF with her hesd....

Posted by: wonderer | Sep 2, 2010 1:50:18 PM

2. the screw up she had at the beginning of the debate could be attributed to a brainfart. she should have been more prepared, but not completely indefensible. THIS IS. I would feel utterly insulted if I were an Arizona voter.

Posted by: Wes | Sep 2, 2010 2:02:51 PM

3. What is with these fuck-wad politicians! Why am I the only one mortified when I have to listen to their rhetoric that incites a crowd, only to have them deny all culpability the next day? WTF? Between her, Sharon Angle and Palin, this is wretched!

Posted by: Rad | Sep 2, 2010 2:12:51 PM

4. @Rad, you can add Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina to your list. They are all tools! I just hope the electorate gets a clue this November and repudiates (or as Palin says refudiates) all this Fox News sound bite nonsense.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 2, 2010 2:26:34 PM

5. bat shit crazy. behead her.

Posted by: nic | Sep 2, 2010 2:30:05 PM

6. Wow. That is a woman who has not aged gracefully.

Posted by: John | Sep 2, 2010 2:39:50 PM

7. She is a disgrace to Arizona (I live in AZ). She won't even debate the opponents and this so-called debate last night was the reason she won't and can't debate. She barely speaks English! Much less put a coherent thought together. She is just another Repug puppet.

Posted by: KMC | Sep 2, 2010 2:54:04 PM

8. She's a disgrace. She's ruining the lives of thousands of hardworking people so that the GOP can enjoy this month's catharsis.

What could be more Republican than a big dumb braying mob acting on spurious information? Muslims, immigrants, gays, take your pick and pick up a placard. Wankers.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Sep 2, 2010 2:55:19 PM

9. Saran Palin, Jan Brewer, Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, Sharon Angle.

I'm starting to hate ALL women.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 2, 2010 3:27:03 PM

10. Wait. This is a joke, right. Cuz that is most certainly a circus midget in a blond bob wig.

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 2, 2010 3:28:57 PM

11. even Lady Ga-Ga David?

Posted by: John Normile | Sep 2, 2010 3:29:43 PM

12. My parents retired to AZ and live in a one-horse town outside of Tucson. My dad is about as right-wing as you can get and even he's embarrassed by her. That's a classic clip, to see her realize "Oh shit, they're not going to let me do talking points" and just walk away. Her opponent should have that in a commercial and run it 24/7.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Sep 2, 2010 3:29:52 PM

13. Again...just...Wow!

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Sep 2, 2010 3:42:03 PM

14. Unfortunately, there is no way Goddard will win this election. Arizona voters love Brewer for passing SB 1070 and they'll re-elect her. God, I hate living in this state.

Posted by: DN | Sep 2, 2010 4:00:16 PM

15. OMFG! Part of me is ashamed to admit how I am quivering with DELIGHT to see this BITCH "coming out her draws" on a televised clip..TBF, although not dem or rep myself I've tried to listen to both sides of the debate on certain issuses in AZ. IMO this exposes the HATE, FEAR and OUTRIGHT LIES fed to the right for political gain...John McCain, Fox News this INCLUDES you! AGAIN, IMO...Man, I'm so pissed at this type shit right now...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Sep 2, 2010 4:04:21 PM

16. The Governor is confusing fantasy with reality. The be-headings have occurred on the Arizona-based TV program "Breaking Bad".

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 2, 2010 4:34:56 PM

17. Dems need to publish this info and footage far and wide.. try to let at least SOME sense soak into the tea-addled brains of the knuckledragger GOP followers... I despair that the Dems will ever grow a set of balls... they have the right platform but no delivery. I miss James Carville... he would have been all over everywhere ripping this stupid bitch a new ass... the Resident's current advisors are MIA I think!

Posted by: CKNJ | Sep 2, 2010 5:01:55 PM

18. Mr. Goddard did well. He could teach Harry Reid a thing or two. I would love to see a similar tack taken in the coming DADT debate:

"Why won't you recant your false statements equating homosexuality with bestiality?"

Posted by: Skye Winspur | Sep 2, 2010 5:14:39 PM

19. @wes. Trust us, we ARE disgusted by her here.

What a lunatic.

She claimed God put her in office. God, what the heck did we do to deserve this? Please?

Posted by: Craig | Sep 2, 2010 5:54:40 PM

20. The problem is - inarticulate, uninformed, uneducated politicians are DANGEROUS. The fact that the U.S. population sees fit to back these morons is really sad and makes us the laughing stock of other 1st-world countries.

But as a former resident of AZ, this doesn't surprise me a bit.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 2, 2010 6:36:04 PM

21. Not only that but Brewer has huge ties to the private prison system which makes billions off of locking up illegal immigrants. I learned about that last night on Keith (or was it Maddow's show?). She's stirring the pot to make her friends at CCA money! That's all it is. The contribute to her and help elect her as gov, and she returns the favor.

Posted by: lazlo | Sep 2, 2010 7:35:47 PM

22. As a resident of Arizona, I can tell you that these clips are being played all over the local media. Sadly, she will probably be elected anyways since my state is full of bat shit crazy teabaggers.

Posted by: GaryGhost | Sep 2, 2010 7:50:32 PM

23. That face is one rough stretch of highway...

Posted by: Yar | Sep 2, 2010 9:22:06 PM

24. No, don't hate ALL women. Women are far more liberal than men. Women vote Dem far more often than men. Women are in favor of gay equality far more than men.

Hate these particular women all you want, but know they do not represent nor have the support of most women. Women, as a whole, get it.

Should closeted homo right-wing freaks incline people to hate ALL gays? I think not.

Posted by: anon | Sep 3, 2010 3:38:49 AM

25. +

She is a despicable excuse for a Governor.

Arizona has finally surpassed Mississippi I do believe.

Posted by: Chapeau | Sep 3, 2010 6:29:53 AM