Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Ellen DeGeneres | Lady Gaga | Military | News

Watch: Lady Gaga Appears on 'Ellen', Urges Viewers to Call Senator Harry Reid on 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

Gagapremiere

Lady Gaga continued her advocacy on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" on today's season premiere of Ellen, taped directly after her win at the VMAs. She urged viewers to call Senator Harry Reid to tell him to schedule a vote on DADT and the Defense Authorization Bill.

BTW, Reid's number is (202) 224-3542. CALL IT.

Ellen also presented Gaga with a leaf bikini.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Strike up the "she's using our gay dollars" band. Let's hear it fools

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 13, 2010 12:25:31 PM

2. video no longer available?

Posted by: suede | Sep 13, 2010 2:25:35 PM

3. Hey, good for her. But the gay community has to realize that she has no power, and no celebrity has real power...the entertainment industry is not power...not by a long shot.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 13, 2010 2:27:46 PM

4. It’s simple mathematics…10% of the US population is gay. There are 300+million Americans. That makes 30 million gay people in America. Pander to that demographic enough like sheep and you’ve got plenty of album sales to make it seem like you are relevant.

Lady Gaga puts gay people in this neat compartmentalized box that is like her own personal ATM machine. Seriously her words are akin to Hitler putting the Jews in concentration camps… maybe there wouldn’t be such a rift in our society without this talentless blowhard going on about how “special” and “amazing” we are.

Posted by: Think About It | Sep 13, 2010 3:32:29 PM

5. She feels so insincere to me, but...whatever. Information is out there, I guess. What is ironic to me is that she is sitting beside a true representation of gay America in Ellen, a real pioneer and its all about Gaga. There are straights that stand up for gays all the time without profit--like all of your neighbors that voted in pro-marriage referendums, the mothers who would poke an eye out if someone hurt you...

Posted by: Rin | Sep 13, 2010 3:40:52 PM

6. You just compared Lady fucking Gaga to Hitler.

I think someone needs to step away from the keyboard, open the door and enter the real world for a few moments.

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 13, 2010 3:41:36 PM

7. @THINK ABOUT IT...I don't find you the least bit special....but i am and so is Lady Gaga. You're an ugly person.

Posted by: wonderer | Sep 13, 2010 3:43:15 PM

8. What's so special about the clap, wonderer?

Um...no...no her words really aren't akin to hitler putting jews in the concentration camps...they simply aren't, and there's nothing to think about.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 13, 2010 3:50:56 PM

9. Love how quickly this thread descended into someone equating Lady Gaga with Hitler. LOL. Yes, she is truly the "voice" of evil and must be stopped!

Posted by: Vlad | Sep 13, 2010 4:20:48 PM

10. I think the asshole that compared Gaga to Hitler needs to stop dropping acid.

Posted by: Helen Heels | Sep 13, 2010 4:40:59 PM

11. It troubles me when these "just" famous people start barking like dogs about issues more complex than their mental capabilities.

Anybody in their right mind would see that pushing our agenda at this time would have given the Republicans ammunition for the 2010 elections......!

Posted by: Brains | Sep 13, 2010 4:43:39 PM

12. just so y'all know...publicity stunt or not, she's raising awareness in a way that is through the eyes of an ally, who, even though she makes money off of gay people, actually cares about the people with in this community.

Y'all need to stop hating on a person who is being vilified for absolutely no good reason.

The equation that she appeals to 30 million Americans, guaranteeing those sales, is absolutely silly. Look at that queen Cazwell.

Comparing her to Hitler is absolutely silly. I understand the concept of the compartmentalized box, but at least that box is more approachable for straight people, the people voting against gay rights or electing legislators who vote on gay rights, than the perception of your faggot ass.

Posted by: JonBenet | Sep 13, 2010 7:02:19 PM

13. Hey Tank! I knew if I posted something you'd come around. Miss you, let's get together. xoxo

Posted by: wonderer | Sep 13, 2010 7:57:13 PM

14. She is a lot like Hitler, but Hitler isn't as bad.

Posted by: JonTjhan | Sep 13, 2010 9:38:33 PM

15. good for her--no one else is using the media to promote equality

Posted by: r | Sep 14, 2010 12:02:57 AM

16. Wow, for those who are really saying that Gaga is worse than Hitler: Go take an history lesson. You sound like morrons and are definitely insulting some people here. My bf is Polish and I've been to Poland many times, including the Auschwitz concentration camp. Don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: L | Sep 14, 2010 12:23:04 AM

17. Christopher said:
    "Strike up the "she's using our gay dollars" band. Let's hear it fools"

OK

To be fair, some of her money goes to supporting her pimp, Akon. He calls her his "franchise player". As if owning a blood diamond mine wasn't enough, Akon can retire thanks to your gay dollars.

Posted by: K1 | Sep 14, 2010 12:34:30 AM

18. My grandparents were survivors of the Shoah, the Holocaust.It has effected every day of our lives since. When people , usually Americans, blithely make comparisons to someone being "like /as bad as Hitler" it show what an ignorant, uninformed, sheltered person you are, without any real understanding of the words you speak, their impact or meaning. It's disgusting and shameful.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 14, 2010 12:37:19 AM

19. Good for having her announce to youth to mobilize! I have a feeling her fans are not old fogeys that ridiculously compare her to Hitler.

Posted by: X | Sep 14, 2010 1:40:08 AM

20. By the look on Ellen's face, I think that meat was beginning to stink.

Posted by: anon | Sep 14, 2010 3:01:05 AM

21. I think Ellen made that face because she's a vegan. I'm pretty sure Gaga can afford fresh meat.

Aside from that quibble, the quality of discussion on this blog has seriously deteriorated.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 14, 2010 4:36:59 AM

22. I'd take Gaga over Ellen any day.
    I cannot stomach Ellen & she is a cheap nasty dyke, I waited on her several times.

Posted by: LG Wilson | Sep 14, 2010 4:37:51 AM

23. @Paul R - I am in agreement. There seems to be a lot of H8 here from people who are doing absolutely nothing to further our causes. I am not a fan of Gaga musically but I sure do like that she speaks up every time she gets a chance. Don't even get me started on Ellen's too little too late life. She is better at being an active gay person than ever in her life but I do not think that she goes far enough. But hey, I am glad that she and her wife had a chance to marry. Now lets all have that chance!

Posted by: Justice | Sep 15, 2010 4:53:53 AM