BigGayDeal.com

News: Gendered Toys, Lindsay Lohan's Prison and Education, Texas Style

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi McDonald's makes clear distinction between "boy toys" and "girl toys." Sorry for the inconvenience.

Evans set 24sep10 03

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Chris Evans wpre plastic feet on the Captain America set. That's not where my eyes are going.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Although I don't recall particularly enjoying the first two Bill and Ted movies, I am surprisingly excited to hear there will be a third installment of the Keanu Reeves-starring buddy adventure franchise.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi What are you doing this weekend? If you live in San Francisco or New York, perhaps you should check out Howl, the Allen Ginsberg biopic starring James Franco; it opens in those cities today. Sorry, rest of America.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Is The Situation a straight man trapped in a gay man's body? Michael Musto seems to think so.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Partisan politics is getting ugly: Harry Reid and Sharron Angle supporters turned to fisticuffs at a candidate forum today.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Lindsay Lohan's back in jail after failing a drug test. Should we feel bad for her clear dependence, or feel contempt over her disregard for the law?

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi NBC Universal chief executive Jeff Zucker announced today that he's leaving the company after Comcast officially takes the reins. Comcast chief operating officer, Steve Burke, agreed on that timing, said Zucker: "He made it clear that they wanted to move on at the close of the deal and I was completely comfortable with that.”

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi The Texas Board of Education today approval a resolution warning text book makers to avoid an alleged "gross pro-Islamic, anti-Christian" bias.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Your brain on art.

Obamahope

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Shepard Fairey, the artist who created the world's most famous Obama poster, says he has given up on the president's ability to make progressive change on matters like health care and lobbying restrictions: "Obama was the delivery device in theory. Now, I realize that he maybe is not the correct delivery device, and I'll just deal with those issues separately."

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi "I explained we're a family-run business, we have two young, impressionable daughters and we thought maybe it was best not to do that," said Indianapolis baker David Stockton about why his establishment refused to sell local students cupcakes for National Coming Out Day, which is coming up on October 11.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb wisely suggested guest co-host Michaele Salahi not appear in Playboy.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi There goes another one: devastatingly handsome Inception actor Tom Hardy and his girlfriend Charlotte O'Reilly are engaged.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi The LGBT-inclusive Indiana Youth Group has filed a lawsuit against the state's Bureau of Motor Vehicles for refusing a gay-friendly vanity plate that would raise money for the group. The BMV says the group does not prove it's mission has an "uncommon level of statewide distinction and benefit."

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Claire Danes looked stunning at a celebration of Spanish language women's magazine Vanidades' 50th Anniversary last night.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Andrew Sullivan offers his take on the Libertarian Party's seduction of gay voters.

6a00d8341c730253ef0134879fb980970c-800wi Without further ado, Barry Manilow's "Mandy."

Comments

1. Hello Andrew,

Thanks for pitch-hitting for Andy. I hope you have fun. BTW, when I hit the link to see Chris Evans, I end up on an Indiana site about a gay youth group license plates. Oops!

Posted by: KEW | Sep 24, 2010 4:22:03 PM

2. ""I explained we're a family-run business, we have two young, impressionable daughters and we thought maybe it was best not to do that," said Indianapolis baker David Stockton about why his establishment refused to sell local students cupcakes for National Coming Out Day, which is coming up on October 11."

Maybe local LGBT's should organize a boycott, then we'll what kind of impression that makes.

Posted by: missanthrope | Sep 24, 2010 4:23:41 PM

3. Andrew, I think the link on the Chris Evan's story should be to "http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Shots-Of-Chris-Evans-And-Hayley-Atwell-On-The-Captain-America-Set-20823.html" The other link repeats the license plate story.

Please fix this (as I'm sure many want to see where your eyes were drawn). Best wishes.

Posted by: ChorusGeek | Sep 24, 2010 4:29:09 PM

4. "What the hell do you mean you don't know what a donkey punch is? I thought you were a goddamn professional, goddamnit! I want my donkey punch cake, and I don't want to have to explain it some fuckin' hardon who claims to be a baker and yet doesn't know a rusty trombone from a dirty sanchez!"

Posted by: TANK | Sep 24, 2010 4:47:15 PM

5. Man, that hair is tragic but damn...

Posted by: Fenrox | Sep 24, 2010 5:03:59 PM

6. That Chris Evans has a body. Very enjoyable to watch.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 24, 2010 5:09:30 PM

7. A few things I noticed:

1. Everyday I become more and more embrassed that I'm from the state of Texas. I promise, we're not all bigots. At least no in Houston...

2. Does that baker tell his children who every cupcake they make goes to? I'm sure they've made cupcakes for valentines day before (enjoyed before people fuck) and for bachelorette parties. That's ridiculous. Why do people use this "pro-family" bullshit when they discriminate. They just need to say they hate Gay people. And cupcakes with rainbow frosting on them? Since no body anywhere straight has ever ordered that before.

3. Showing Claire Danes but failing to mention her hot hot hot husband Hugh Dancy (who has played gay multiple times in theatre/films). I just don't understand...

Posted by: Joe | Sep 24, 2010 5:23:55 PM

8. Linking to Sullivan at least explains the "Democrat" slur of earlier today.

Posted by: ohplease | Sep 24, 2010 5:26:31 PM

9. chris evans pants r stuffed

most likely not by his choice but by the producers/directors choice

U know that subtle bit of propaganda to go with the whole "Captain America" thing

Hell our country didn't build what was once the largest obelisk/ ancient phalic symbol (the washington monument) in the world for nothing

bush didnt stuff his trousers when mission acomplished for nothing

Captain America that will end up being shown around the world has to have a bit of that old time cock swinging american down home propaganda

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Sep 24, 2010 5:38:08 PM

10. For the rest of America, Howl is available today on DirecTV PPV (if you have it). I already watched it, thought it was great.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 24, 2010 6:42:28 PM

11. Michael is just being your typical gay bitch...Sit respects gays and know they are looking...class up!!!

Posted by: alan brickman | Sep 24, 2010 7:34:30 PM

12. Shepard Fairey, please do one last image with (can't believe I'm saying this) Lady Gaga with the caption, "Fierce Advocate."
    That should put things into perspective for the current state of affairs, --and the current Head of State.

Posted by: castaway | Sep 24, 2010 8:24:15 PM

13. I'd just like to go on record as saying that Chris Evans is still a hot son of a bitch.

Posted by: Mark in ATL | Sep 24, 2010 8:51:57 PM

14. I loathe Lindsay Lohan, but she's an addict--not a criminal. No reason to put her in jail unless she hurts or endangers others.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 24, 2010 9:14:27 PM

15. I loathe Lindsay Lohan, but she's an addict--not a criminal. No reason to put her in jail unless she hurts or endangers others.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 24, 2010 9:14:27 PM

16. @Paul R - she was caught drunk driving twice, I consider that endangering others. Lock her up.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 24, 2010 9:22:46 PM

17. Well there are plenty of gay men trapped in str8 male bodies.

Posted by: anon | Sep 24, 2010 10:38:35 PM

18. I usually don't comment on celebrity things but Claire Danes looks EXTREMELY different. Not bad, she looks great, but she has definitely had work done. She's almost unrecognizable.

Posted by: Cory | Sep 25, 2010 1:24:16 AM

19. Lindsey Lohan = Bordline Personality Disorder. It's not an addiction problem. It's an impulsivity problem. Drug/alcohol treatment doesn't help. Behavioral therapy is needed.

Posted by: Geoffrey | Sep 25, 2010 1:38:48 AM

20. Ordering a happy meal for my 3 year old brother and was simply prompted with "girl or boy?" Uh, that shit used to bother me so much as a kid. I get why they have two options because a month of only Barbie toys would keep most boys away for that whole duration, but why can't they just ask which one you'd like instead of forcing kids to choose based on gender?

Posted by: Marcus M. | Sep 25, 2010 1:52:15 AM

21. Watched HOWL this morning on Time Warner cable. It was OK. Would have liked to see more about Allen's life than the trial though.

Posted by: macscruff | Sep 25, 2010 2:57:22 AM

22. RE Lindsay Lohan. Having had many friends and a family member battle with addiction, I can't he'll but feel sorry for her. Why? Any one who has been through treatment knows that 1) drug and alcohol dependency is usually a means of self medicating for untreated psychological disorders and 2) you must remove yourself from the enabling environment that triggers relapse. It is painfully obvious that Lindsays immediate family could not care less about her well-being and her mother especially views her children as meal tickets. With the media against you and no true support, how does such a young adult in the spotlight cope without a true system? If she has the money and the means, she needs to detach herself fully from her family and establish healthy relationships with other addicts. Become a sponsor and leave the Hollyweird spotlight, if ńot forever for at least a long while.

Posted by: Cory | Sep 25, 2010 8:57:14 AM