Gay Bar | Los Angeles | News

Sandra Bullock Pays Visit to West Hollywood Gay Bar

Bullock

Sandra Bullock paid a visit to West Hollywood gay bar The Abbey last night. Here, she's pictured with Abbey owner David Cooley, her agent Kevin Huvane, and a go-go boy.

Radar Online has the story and a gallery.

Bullock was swarmed by paparazzi as she left. Video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. sandra who?

Posted by: Tank | Sep 17, 2010 1:47:34 PM

2. I keep seeing the Abbey online being called a Gay Bar. It's a bar in West Hollywood where everyone in hangs out, sorta old school but still a little trendy. It might have been so at one time, but it isn't a "Gay Bar".

Posted by: SeriouslySick | Sep 17, 2010 1:52:08 PM

3. Oh please Miss Thing IT'S A GAY BAR!!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 17, 2010 2:08:51 PM

4. The guy in the navy blazer ( I think her agent from the caption )is hot, would like me some of that

Posted by: jerry | Sep 17, 2010 2:40:46 PM

5. Good to know that she's doing fine after being cheated on but WHY IS THIS BLOG-POST-WORTHY?!??!

So she has gay friends.. BIG.FUCKING.DEAL.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Sep 17, 2010 2:41:25 PM

6. Yo, it's another go go/shot boy with a horrible body. that ass is concave.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 17, 2010 2:44:38 PM

7. What kind of bar isn't a gay bar that has go go boys for god's sake? Its not exactly The Eagle but it qualifies as a gay bar.

Posted by: Trasker | Sep 17, 2010 2:51:08 PM

8. She would be better off at the Eagle (they had wet underwear contest last night), rather then those fussy WeHo Bars.

Posted by: booka | Sep 17, 2010 3:58:44 PM

9. Dang it! For once I have to wholeheartedly agree with S(tank)...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Sep 17, 2010 4:57:04 PM

10. get aids and die, yisi.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 17, 2010 5:04:50 PM

11. BFD, Why is this news?
    @ tank: your comment about getting AIDS and dying is not even remotely funny or snarky.

Posted by: Dairyqueen | Sep 17, 2010 5:58:20 PM

12. yeah tank, better hope a bitch named karma doesn't come calling

Posted by: nyrkr | Sep 17, 2010 6:14:03 PM

13. sorry guys, biggest apologies. hugs everyone.

Posted by: Tank | Sep 17, 2010 7:08:21 PM

14. yeah, because something I'd say. FUCK YOU ALL! lol

Posted by: TANK | Sep 17, 2010 7:14:36 PM

15. She might visit gay bars but her acting still sucks. Her agent sucks, too.

Posted by: jason | Sep 17, 2010 7:16:35 PM

16. Sandra paid for her assistant's gay wedding in the 90s (way before marriage equality was a 'thing'). She's always been very supportive of gay causes.

Posted by: Clifw | Sep 17, 2010 7:22:17 PM

17. LoL go go "boy". He looks to be about 35.

Posted by: Name: | Sep 17, 2010 8:31:00 PM

18. Well if it is a gay bar, People doesn't want its impressionable middle-American readers to know:

I can't decide if that's refreshing (as in "who cares if it's a gay bar") or homophobic ("our readers wouldn't like to know that America's sweetheart goes to THOSE places")

Posted by: Wil | Sep 17, 2010 10:36:03 PM

19. The Abbey is unique in that it's one of the few remaining big-profile places that is known as a hotspot first, gayspot second. Everyone in SoCal knows that the Abbey is a gay bar, but its position as one of the trendiest places in image-conscious LA (thanks to the gays) means the trendy heteros flock to it as well.

And that's what makes The Abbey so awesome.

That said... I recently had my 30th birthday in big pimpin' limousine fashion and I took over a dozen friends, even split between gay and straight, to The Abbey... and the straight guys in the party were VERY uncomfortable. Too much gay going on for them! The straight guys' girlfriends, however, LOVED it, and since they couldn't get their hetero mates to dance with them, they paired off with the closets gay they could find!

I thought of all the places I could get my straight friends to be introduced in a gay setting friendly to my hetero male friends, I thought the Abbey would be it... but it just goes to show how the Abbey really isn't *that* mainstream. Just isn't.

Posted by: TommyOC | Sep 18, 2010 12:31:34 AM

20. I prefer the new Mickey's with the hot go-go dancers, revolving so you see DIFFERENT all the time.

The Abbey has become too "mixed" and that's fine and all, but I go to West Hollywood from SM for the MEN, not to watch a straight guy hit up on a straight girl. I mean come one. They have enough straight bars already!

Posted by: FunMe | Sep 18, 2010 5:00:23 AM

21. Guy in dark jacket talking to the go-go boy is Daniel Craig

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Sep 18, 2010 10:26:13 AM

22. You wimmin just hate Sandra because she's more talented, sexier, richer, and desirable than you. So there.

Posted by: wimsy | Sep 18, 2010 11:17:11 AM

23. ...And stop picking on the go-go geezer. At least he's got work!

Posted by: wimsy | Sep 18, 2010 11:18:24 AM

24. sandra is one of those actresses I'd probably like as a person but I'm not a huge fan of her acting.. but there is much much worse out there.

Posted by: cmh | Sep 18, 2010 6:21:53 PM

25. And looking at the seven associated photos, she never even looked once at the "GO GO BOYS"

Posted by: Jerry6 | Sep 18, 2010 8:58:08 PM