Comments

1. tony x says

Still denying it … I call BS

“I don’t feel I need to put my private life in perspective, but I don’t mind,” says Dorff.

“I’m straight, but I feel very comfortable around gay men and women. I grew up around them. My agent is gay and so is my entertainment lawyer.

“Michael is one of my best friends. The first time we met, I sensed we had a natural rapport.

“I honestly think I could be happy being gay, but I like women too much to make the switch.

“I explain my relationship with Michael as I do with most of the women I’ve been photographed with. There is a big difference between going out with a person and hanging out with someone.”

2. Bob says

@Tony X… well. I dont know if he is closeted. The vibe I have gotten off him the past 20 yrs is that he is “for hire”. Acting is just a sideline and not what pays the bills.

3. corncobb says

Not all actors are secretly gay even if they are comfortable with gay guys. Just like not all gay men are mean gossipy bitches, although from the reading these comments, it seems that many are.

4. Bitchy Bitch says

@CORNCOB: Truer words were rarely spoken. You are correct in saying that not all gays are gossip mongers but these days one is hard pressed to find one that is not.

5. Conrad says

I know someone who was his housekeeper for a while. The guy likes pussy – and weed – A LOT. So he gets along with gay men – it’s called being secure in one’s sexuality. Get over girls, the dude is straight.

6. Andalusian Dog says

Oh, come on. He’s aging really nicely, plus the black and white grainy film is supposed to make him look even more “rugged.” Just because he’s not a stretched, injected, polypseudo whore – like too many gay men I know who at the merest suggestion of aging run off to the clinic — doesn’t mean he’s not a handsome man.

7. ratbastard says

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…not everyone is obsessed with twinks with shaved body hair, who look 15 years old.

Doff looks like a normal guy…a normal now middle aged guy, actually he looks better than many guys his age, which is kind of sad. Even though I’m younger than him I think he’s attractive…I like his look.

8. TANK says

Nah, beauty’s largely objective, though people can legitimately disagree about whether or not something is beautiful. It’s called aesthetics–a field of study. Just because the criteria is difficult to explicate doesn’t mean that there isn’t one. Tattoos are willful deformity in this culture (they aren’t about status, or tradition). People can think that mediocre looking people (aside from this tattoos, which make him ugly) are attractive. Happens all of the time.

And you don’t have to be some plucked, tucked, injected waxed doll to be pretty. He just isn’t.

9. ratbastard says

Dorff is aesthetically pleasing…he actually has a classically handsome face and nice bone structure, aside from everything else….so take away is facial hair,tattoos IMO he’d still be a handsome, aesthetically pleasing guy…even with his share of body hair, which of course turns some people off. The dude reeks of animal magnetism, which others better looking than him in every way, lack.

10. Palto says

Thanks for the laugh hater Queens. You see, its probably been so long since you’ve actually seen what a real man looks like lines and all that you think Dorff looks anything less than beautiful and masculine. I can just imagine the bleach blonde scrawny twinks looking like plucked chickens that you find attractive and jerk off to.
    If I wanted feminine pretty boys that you see out there today I would date women. Oh and Ratbastard your line really should have read “Even though I’m younger than him I will never look as half as good as he does – ever..”
    Ain’t that the truth.

11. TANK says

Classically handsome? No, you find him attractive. It is false that he’s “classically handsome” or anything else. Do you even know what that means? His face is too narrow and forehead too prominent to be classically handsome. Average at best.

12. LadyM says

why is it so many comment sections on gay blogs turn into nitpicking the hell out of men’s physicality? and we wonder why so many of us are single! quit turning your self-loathing into over-criticism of every bit of minutiae about the male form. jeezus.

13. ratbastard says

How was I disrespectful or ignorant in my post, PALTO? Why the bitchy snipe? Did I do something to you?

*********************************

Tank:

You’re of course entitled to your OPINION…it’s an opinion not based on any hard scientific fact. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we humans have unique personalities, perceptions and abilities.

14. TANK says

It’s not based on any scientific data? How about that certain facial proportions tend to elicit pleasant reactions in brain scans than others? Why is beauty subjective? Because people disagree? THat’s lazy thinking.