Meghan McCain | News | Rachel Maddow

Watch: Rachel Maddow Interviews Meghan McCain, Asks About Differences with Her Father on Gay Rights, DADT

Mccain

Meghan McCain sat down with Rachel Maddow last night to discuss her new book Dirty Sexy Politics. She also tweeted the below photo from backstage.

Maddow asks McCain if she talks to her father about his opposition to repealing "Don't Aak, Don't Tell".

Says McCain: "We really had to come to a sort of 'come to Jesus' moment that we agree to disagree."... For me it's just a civil rights issue. I believe in freedom on a very basic level..."

Watch the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Maddow_mccain

Comments

1. Translation: This is all hypocritical bullshit. John McCain wants to make sure he doesn't piss off his base so he can win re-election; so if that requires that gays be thrown under the bus, so be it. He's a monster.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 9, 2010 8:01:11 AM

2. I dunno ... McCain's an old military fart, so there's a damned good chance he deeply and truly hates the gays.

Posted by: K in VA | Sep 9, 2010 8:04:01 AM

3. she's exploiting the situation to enrich herself and that is all....

Posted by: alan brickman | Sep 9, 2010 10:09:32 AM

4. He hates gays AND women. I bet Cindy divorces him after he's re-elected. Meghan is someone I can't take seriously because she says she's a Republican, and that's good enough for me to not take someone seriously (as opposed to identifying as a conservative). I haven't heard many Republican beliefs, but she's always quick to concern-troll the left about Obama. Obama is immeasurably better than anything her dad would have been, but had her dad won, she never would have been this outspoken.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Sep 9, 2010 10:10:25 AM

5. Cindy McCain wouldn't have been caught dead in that studio or dressed like that prior to the Arizona primary. These people are opportunist to the core.

Posted by: realitythink | Sep 9, 2010 12:41:08 PM

6. Megan McCain is certainly going to vote for her father who hates gays - and give him power to hurt.

F-Her and Cindy