Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter: "Maybe I Am Getting Too Into Being Hated By Liberals”

The New York Times profiles Ann Coulter in a new piece today. Sounds like she was interviewed on the day of her speech at Homocon last month (“I wrote a new speech for the gays and I don’t have it memorized yet!” she says).

AnnCoulter who reveals something very few people experience - how it feels it be hated by so many people:

On a recent Thursday, after a late taping of “The Sean Hannity Show,” Ms. Coulter sounded almost weary discussing her critics. “It was more fun when I was lesser known,” she said. “The rule of the road is you never attack down, you always attack up. Now I have all these peons attacking me and I have to not respond. And it’s fun to respond.” She said she recently got an e-mail from a friend who was chastised for taking a public position on a Christian issue. “He said, ‘How do you get used to being hated by so many people?’ ” Ms. Coulter said.

She had some trouble with her reply. “My first paragraph was bubbling over with how fun it was to be hated by liberals,” she said. “And then I realized, at the end of it, maybe I am getting too into being hated by liberals.”

Comments

1. Wow, so she basically admitted that a lot of the utter crap she says is simply to make money and attract attention? Is she having a Barry Goldwater moment?

I really don't care about anything she has to say about anything.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 9, 2010 7:20:45 PM

2. Or maybe she's just upset because her plastic surgery work looks awful and needs to be redone.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 9, 2010 7:24:15 PM

3. She's getting too into the *idea* of being hated by liberals. For someone to hate you means he or she has to give a shit. I'm personally just repulsed by her.

I read somewhere a while back that she used to wear fur coats in college to inflame animal rights advocates. Sounds to me like her entire self-image is based on how others view her.

Posted by: sam | Oct 9, 2010 7:28:35 PM

4. Ann Coulter is the anti-christ.

Posted by: Harry | Oct 9, 2010 7:33:21 PM

5. nah, I don't hate you, Ann.
    You're too pathetic.
    I just pity ya.

Posted by: bozemanmontana | Oct 9, 2010 7:43:38 PM

6. Yeah, can't really say that I invest enough thought into her to hate. Sad that she derives her entire self image on what others think.

Posted by: LiamB | Oct 9, 2010 7:49:46 PM

7. She makes me feel like I have the Flu a toothache and recent chemotherapy all at the same time

Posted by: John Normile | Oct 9, 2010 8:04:11 PM

8. Good Lord. The realization that "so many people hate you" would cause any rational, reasonable, sane, well-brought person to examine their role in that and perhaps change something. Not this pathetic woman.

And boo to those idiot gay republicans who seem enthralled by her.

Posted by: Ben | Oct 9, 2010 8:08:27 PM

9. Dear Anne,

We don't hate you, we pity your obsessive need for attention and find everything you say utterly trivial. It could actually replace the sound of television static if your voice itself were less grating.

And as far as being attacked by peons...Anne, sweetie, you would have to up your game by about 1000% to even be considered mediocre. So go ahead and fight back, we aren't listening anyway.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Sincerely,

Everyone on Earth

Posted by: Bart | Oct 9, 2010 8:09:39 PM

10. Ann, we figured you out a long time ago. You're not about intellect and conviction -- you're only about ego. Hence your compulsion to grab as much of the limelight as often as possible by saying anything, no matter how outrageous or heartless it may be. Normal, well-adjusted people don't live like that.

Posted by: Pitbull | Oct 9, 2010 8:31:59 PM

11. Are you listening Michael Lucas?

Posted by: Jamie | Oct 9, 2010 8:47:41 PM

12. Ann should be given partial credit for helping destroy "christianity". All these preachers and church leaders have been following in her footsteps for years, trying to say the most outrageous things and drawing attention to themselves, no matter how small of a church they belong to. Some of them wear black dresses too.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 9, 2010 8:59:03 PM

13. Is that supposed to count as self-reflection?

Ann Coulter; yawn....

Posted by: pete | Oct 9, 2010 9:03:32 PM

14. She's far too unimportant to hate.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 9, 2010 9:56:10 PM

15. Yaaaaaaaaaawn

Can we stop reporting anything having to do with this CHINO (Christian in Name Only).

Who cares what this crystal meth hateful thing has to say?

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 9, 2010 10:09:06 PM

16. I love how she throws around the word "peons" to describe the people below her in her kingdom of bloated self-importance. How appropriate for the "screw you, I've got mine" brand of conservative. Surprised the NYT wasted the ink.

Posted by: Troy | Oct 9, 2010 10:39:29 PM

17. Here we have the perfect example of the Ayn Rand wannabee. Attention is the name of the game. Good, bad or indifferent, as long as people talk about you. Her first book is the only book I have ever thrown away. Too much trouble even to burn it.

Posted by: Forrestabbey2 | Oct 9, 2010 11:00:39 PM

18. How mildly amusing that the poor dear mistakes contempt for hatred.

Posted by: comstocl load | Oct 9, 2010 11:01:20 PM

19. A few years ago, while waiting at baggage claim, I realized I was standing right next to Ms Coulter who must have been on the same flight.

The three things that struck me the most about her were
    1) she was a lot prettier in person,
    2) she was a lot shorter than I had imagined she'd be and
    3) how much I had never wanted to push someone onto the revolving baggage claim belt as much as I did her.

I will go to my grave regretting that I hadn't knocked over that bitch when I had the chance!

Posted by: Esteban | Oct 9, 2010 11:50:15 PM

20. Who is she again? And what productive thing has she done?

Posted by: homer | Oct 10, 2010 12:02:45 AM

21. As most of the commenters above said much better than I ever could, oh, Ann, poor delusional Ann...what a pathetic soul. I don't hate her...that would require me to give two shits. I don't.

Posted by: Todd E. | Oct 10, 2010 12:44:16 AM

22. One day, she may find that black hooker's dress makes her look like Grandmama Addams. However, Grandmama had more class.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 10, 2010 1:02:09 AM

23. The only question I have for Ann Coulter is how the hell she can be a Grateful Dead fan while remaining sober. Noodle dancing to 15:00 acid rock guitar solos & not showering for 5 days straight is not fun unless you are f*cked up too.

Posted by: Dave | Oct 10, 2010 1:18:14 AM

24. /Ann Coulter has proven again and again She is an Ahole with no asshole...all the shit she spews are through her only hole in her face.

Posted by: Bobby Tan | Oct 10, 2010 2:28:28 AM

25. Ann's career has been eclipsed by the Momma Grizzly & the Tea Party crazies & there ain't nut'n she can do 'bout it. Hence she takes crap bookings like HomoCon. What next Annie, grand openings of grocery stores?

Posted by: Von Lmo | Oct 10, 2010 7:22:59 AM