Gay Marriage | Iowa | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: The Infuriating Iowa Bigot Nitwit Parade Marches On

Jb

The evolution of Americans into God-fearing, illogical nitwits is a far greater threat than any threat to marriage, I think you'll agree after watching this clip of interviews of supporters of Iowa's campaign to oust pro-equality judges.

Featuring leading Iowa wingnut Bob Vander Plaats (the first person interviewed) and a host of others.

And yes, we are mocking you, idiots.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Related...
Watch: Insane wingnuts on the 'Judge Bus' tour.
Watch: Iowa NOM Supporter Equates Gay Marriage to Goat Marriage [tr]
Guide to the Tube: Iowa 'Judge Bus' Bigot Edition [tr]
Anti-Gay Hate Groups Launch Bus Tour Targeting Pro-Equality Judges in Iowa [tr]
Marriage Equality Under Attack in Iowa on Eve of Bus Tour [tr]

Comments

1. So according to their argument, legalizing same sex marriage is going to turn everyone gay. If that isn't their argument then why do they think that procreation will end?? And yes we are mocking you because your arguments are so ridiculous.

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 29, 2010 1:19:50 PM

2. Lets just hope that their bus gets hit by a freight train going 70 miles an hour

Posted by: Zo | Oct 29, 2010 1:20:49 PM

3. There's more important issues such as abortion than gay marriage.

As a gay man, I see gay marriage as self-affirmation. There used to be a time when we were confronted with the boxes "male" or "female" on paper:

We checked neither.

Posted by: João Pessoa | Oct 29, 2010 1:35:09 PM

4. I can't believe you'd say something so insensitive ZO!

Freight trains carry things from one location to another. Someone who actually matters might be inconvenienced by delays when the train has to stop to scrape all the stupid off. Instead, let's hope it hits a second bus filled with idiots.

Posted by: JT | Oct 29, 2010 1:39:56 PM

5. Thankfully, you will always be a minority voice, pessoa. You post gay, marriage is for elitist heternormative gays, every gay person's transgender...you're awful funny...and nobody except you and the shrill irrelevant super minority takes ya seriously...which is a good thing, acause you're...stupid. Yeah, that's the ticket.

As to this...wow, I'd probably a stroke out if I actually had to think about the diarrhea pouring from this moron's mouth. I think that the best response to it involves a donut and a hot dog...in some kind of smutty combination.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 29, 2010 1:48:17 PM

6. Wow Tank, your ad hominem attacks speaks volume.

Please wipe that "diarrhea pouring" from your mouth.

Posted by: João Pessoa | Oct 29, 2010 1:53:30 PM

7. do they speak volumes? Is it bourgeoisie privilege? Do I need to own it? Pass the drum.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 29, 2010 2:02:14 PM

8. Tank, if you want to spout "burgeoisie privilege" ideas and to hit your "drum," by all means do so -- I wish to take no part of it.

People with different views/opinions debate. Whereas a person like you result to bigotry.

Best,
    Pessoa

Posted by: João Pessoa | Oct 29, 2010 2:08:45 PM

9. America the ignorant. (My favorite: the angel lady. Second favorite: old lady who has the human species going extinct because she must believe all males will be forced to marry males and all females will be force to marry females.)

God love the people with pointy heads.

Posted by: BartB | Oct 29, 2010 2:12:04 PM

10. I see my good friend Tony Perkins standing there to the side by the bus. Saddens me so.

Posted by: Eddie in OKC | Oct 29, 2010 2:12:06 PM

11. What flavor Kool-Aid do you have to drink to reach the conclusions these people have come to? Gay marriage will end heterosexual marriage, magically? What happens? As soon as we have equality, we're going to force heteros to marry someone of the same sex? I think it's telling that Van Der Plaats can't give an example of how gay marriage has affected his life. And the woman who says there won't be children because men will marry men and women , women? God, help us!

Posted by: mad1026 | Oct 29, 2010 2:24:15 PM

12. BTW, I love Arisha!!

Posted by: mad1026 | Oct 29, 2010 2:25:43 PM

13. I wish the woman talking about the separation of church and state had asked why it would be OK for the state to prohibit gay-friendly churches from marrying people.

Each church can make its own decision. It is not the state's role to tell them what to do, either way.

Oh, and my husband and I didn't get married in a church or synagogue, so religion has NOTHING to do with our (Canadian) marriage.

Posted by: David R. | Oct 29, 2010 2:26:54 PM

14. @TANK Are you a Trotskyite or something like that, or perhaps some 1960's/70's Socialist Workers Party/Power to the People type Queer?

Or, are you just an embittered frump, sitting at your computer day in and day out, dressed only in your gray, over-washed, frayed tighty-whiteys, trolling the Internet, wondering where all the years went and what might have been?

Dude, you always seem to miss the point whenever you attempt to comment on something someone might say here. I mean, your responses show a definite tendency towards cognitive malfunction.

Everyone's opinion should be respected. Even yours.

Posted by: mike | Oct 29, 2010 2:33:28 PM

15. Yeah...I'm a socialist...LOL! That's good. Miss the point (like you did with that speculation about my political orientation)? Hmmmm, please explain...no, wait, don't. You're a fucktard.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 29, 2010 2:42:51 PM

16. Do they have a website, so I can know when they're coming here(I technically live in Illinois, but I'm literally 5 minutes away from Iowa)?

Posted by: Shmoo | Oct 29, 2010 5:22:08 PM

17. Expanding marriage to another group of people DOES NOT harm existing marriages. That's not possible. His logic is dumbfounding: "No, my wife and I aren't effected by gay marriage... but the future of society will be!" -- If your family isn't effected, then why would any other family in the future be effected?!

...and if procreation is the only reason for marriage then why are senior citizens allowed to get married? Why isn't there an age cutoff date? Why isn't there a fertility test required to get married? Why are infertile couples allowed to get married?

Fuck him and his ignorant Bible shit.

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 29, 2010 5:45:02 PM

18. Then there is that lie about the separation of church and state. They say it's to stop the government from taking over churches, but not the church take over government.

What we need to realized, is they know exactly what they are doing. They can't make America a Christian theocracy with the 1st amendment intact, so just lie about what it means and teach their kids the same lie.

Posted by: MikeK | Oct 29, 2010 8:45:48 PM

19. Last gasp of the dinosaurs. They know marriage equality takes nothing away from them; they just don't want us to have it.

But, despite all their blather, they aren't likely to get their way and change history in IA, and they definitely won't get their way in the New England states that already have marriage equality. As frustrating as their ignorance is, they are on the losing side of history, and they can't deal with that.

Most people, however, aside from homosexuality-obsessed zealots, quickly realize that gay couples marrying doesn't affect their lives in the slightest--they adapt once it's in place. And in a short while, life goes on, as it has in Canada and MA and VT and elsewhere. There are no valid rational arguments against including gay couples in civil marriage, none. All their work against us will be for nothing in the end.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 29, 2010 9:42:17 PM

20. My God: Georgette from the Mary Tyler Moore exists. She appears in the second interview!!!!

Posted by: Jimbo | Oct 29, 2010 10:31:29 PM

21. Take the median age of the holier-then-thou folks in this clip and subtract life expectancy and the answer will be we don't have to wory about these people for long.

Posted by: Mary In Iowa | Oct 29, 2010 10:36:19 PM

22. these bigots often use the words - God, the bible, for procreation;they use religion to discriminate and fuel hate on homosexuals.
    question is, what about those who do not have a religion? the bible does not mean anything to them, so their argument is irrelevant
    these bigots need to read the constitution and not the bible
    these bigots need to respect other religion that embrace homosexuality or respoect those who do not have a religion
    if they will do this, we will all be in peace

Posted by: asclepceus | Oct 29, 2010 10:53:12 PM

23. I am from Iowa. These folks in this film are such a total embarrassment to this state. My little family consisting of two moms, a son and two pets is certainly hoping the voice of reason silences this group with votes. Resoundingly would be good.

Posted by: iowagirlie | Oct 29, 2010 11:34:54 PM