Gay Marriage | Iowa | News | NOM

Watch: Iowa 'Judge Bus' Supporters Decry 'Sodomy Marriage' and 'Disease-Carrying Nasty Threats to Society'

Monkey

Check out a few interviews from the Courage Campaign's Iowa 'Judge Bus' tracker of Christian wingnut loonies outside various stops on the hate-a-palooza bus tour.

Wingnuts If you're not familiar with what's happening in Iowa, check out a few of my previous links below.

According to an email provided to Towleroad by journalist Rex Wockner, from Justin Uebelhor, Director of Communications from gay rights group One Iowa:

"The latest poll results show the race deadlocked at 36-35, with still a large pool of undecideds. On one hand, this gives us confidence that things haven't moved much even after nearly $500,000 in ads. On the other hand, it worries us because there are often a block of voters who just vote no by default on retention races....We do feel the energy on our side is picking up with great attendance at our Homegrown Justice rallies to counter the NOM/FRC Judge bus. At many stops, we've outnumbered the opposition 2-1 - resulting in some good media coverage in each town."

Watch the wingnuts go crazy, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
Watch: Iowa NOM Supporter Equates Gay Marriage to Goat Marriage [tr]
Guide to the Tube: Iowa 'Judge Bus' Bigot Edition [tr]
Anti-Gay Hate Groups Launch Bus Tour Targeting Pro-Equality Judges in Iowa [tr]
Marriage Equality Under Attack in Iowa on Eve of Bus Tour [tr]

Comments

1. Cool Unabomber costume.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 28, 2010 12:48:04 PM

2. lol this is so funny. "She tried to me lure me away because she thought I was a nut case"

Posted by: David | Oct 28, 2010 12:54:00 PM

3. Strange how you can carry a sign saying not to monkey with the state constitution and at the same time support a referendum to do just that yourself.

Posted by: Patrick | Oct 28, 2010 12:59:23 PM

4. Its good to know Paul Lynde is back on TV.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 28, 2010 1:02:16 PM

5. Angry, paunchy middle-class white dudes. Forget the children - who will think of them?!?! Life is so hard for them.

Posted by: Ben | Oct 28, 2010 1:04:22 PM

6. The guy is so brave hiding behind his hooodie and big dark glasses. He's so sure of his stand he's going incognito. He also sets off my gaydar big time. I think we have a closeted homosexual, yes we do.

Posted by: Brad | Oct 28, 2010 1:09:48 PM

7. Bless their hearts. It's like watching someone try to have a discussion about physics and they've never had a math class in their life. If you don't know a gay, or have them in your life somehow, I don't want to listen to what you have to say.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 28, 2010 1:17:59 PM

8. Return of the KKK - except even more retarded.

Posted by: secure214 | Oct 28, 2010 1:58:22 PM

9. BRAD my first thought too. The irony of calling themselves 'Courage Campaign' yet hiding behind a hood and dark glasses. If this nut job was put before any competent judge he'd be put away for life. Let's just hope he's not breeding.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Oct 28, 2010 2:10:25 PM

10. Love it when Miss Wing-Nut's clip-on shades flip up in the wind. Priceless! Miss Wing-Nut also gets my evangelical gaydar tilting into the red zone.

Posted by: mike | Oct 28, 2010 2:21:03 PM

11. I spent way too much time last week trying to engage some folks on the DES MOINES REIGISTER's website comments section in reasonable discussion of the issue. I'm sure that at least one of these guys was there. It wasn't productive. I should have sought some "homosexual entertainment" instead.

I greatly hope that Miss Hoodie didn't spend much time in med school, not enough to become a practitioner of anything involving either humans or animals.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Oct 28, 2010 5:05:18 PM

12. I'm sorry, but, is Miss Thang in the first vid like....a plant or something? Did GetQual place him there and just not send out the secret mauve-sheet memo?

I'm just saying, Miss Unibomber Boi is sending out (unfortunately) some MAJOR closet-case vibes.....

It's so sad when someone is this self-loathing they dress like a mass terrorist, make monkey signs and rant utter non-sense with a lisp that would make Beverly Leslie, Mr Humphries and Uncle Arthur proud. Well, I mean, if we believe their stereotypes of what A Gay supposedly is....

Posted by: AgBoiNV | Oct 28, 2010 6:46:55 PM

13. If anyone is a danger to this society, it's these pathetic, ignorant, bigoted fools and the simple minded fear mongers that feed their sick minds. These people have no respect for the legal processes or institutions in this country, or the ideals our nation was founded on.

Posted by: Rich | Oct 28, 2010 8:21:34 PM

14. Rich, I totally agree

Posted by: Stephen | Oct 28, 2010 8:44:30 PM

15. Wow, hoodie guy was actually quite interesting. I've never heard anyone cite that evolutionary theory about the utility of gays in society, then turn around and argue against equal rights! And I'm not real clear how reducing the discrimination and stigma faced by gays is going to *increase* the number of blackmailed closet cases going on murder sprees, but hey, food for thought, right?

Posted by: Raincheck | Oct 29, 2010 1:55:48 AM

16. I will make a single point in defense of Miss Hoodie's outfit. The day was sunny, with a chilly wind. I probably would have dressed that way, though more colorfully, perhaps with a Dramatic Scarf as accent.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Oct 30, 2010 12:22:42 PM