Christine O'Donnell | Delaware | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Christine O'Donnell Compares Serving Openly in the Military to Committing Adultery

Odonnell

During last night's debate between Delaware GOP Senate candidate teabagger Christine O'Donnell and her opponent Chris Coons, O'Donnell was asked about the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Here's what she had to say (via The Wonk Room):

"A federal judge recently ruled that we have to overturn Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. There are a couple of things we need to say about that. First of all, judges should not be legislating from the bench. Second of all, it’s up to the military to set the policy that the military believes is in the best interest of unit cohesiveness and military readiness. The military already regulates personal behavior in that it doesn’t allow affairs to go on within your chain of command. It does not allow it you are married to have an adulterous affair within the military. So the military already regulates personal behavior because it feels that it is in the best interest of our military readiness. I don’t think that Congress should be forcing a social agenda on to our military. I think we should leave that to the military."

During another moment, O'Donnell was asked if there have been recent Supreme Court opinions to which she objects. O'Donnell was stumped:

Um, I'm very sorry, right off the top of my head, I know that there are a lot, but I'll put it up on my website, I promise you."

Watch both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

The Supreme Court:

Comments

1. Was this a political debate or an episode of 'The Real Housewives of Delaware'? What a poor creature this woman is. I feel bad for her...

Posted by: Mike | Oct 14, 2010 7:21:31 AM

2. What a dumbass... it's a sorry day in America when people like this are candidates for Senate.

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 14, 2010 7:25:46 AM

3. A message to Christine O'Donnell

Posted by: E.N. | Oct 14, 2010 7:28:55 AM

4. I hate when people say judges shouldn't be legislating. We have the THIRD BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT for a reason! This 'woman' knows very little about DADT and it's obvious.

Posted by: VAVA | Oct 14, 2010 7:29:52 AM

5. I would be shocked if this women knew how to properly wipe her ass... maybe that is an abomination!

Posted by: AlexM | Oct 14, 2010 8:07:03 AM

6. If I hear the phrase "Legislating from the bench" one more time,I'll eff'ing scream! ..that and...."Family Values" YUCK! These idiots have no clue....and sounds as tho she's NEVER taken a Civics lesson!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 14, 2010 8:14:23 AM

7. I started watching some of this debate last night, but when The (Not a) Witch stated that, "I believe the voters will embrace my Catholic values more than my opponent's Marxist values," I nearly jumped through the tv screen to punch this poor creature in the throat. Indeed, a sad, sad day when a politician is so obviously propped up by a fear-mongering, historically revisionist group of mofos like the Teabags.

Posted by: michael | Oct 14, 2010 8:41:58 AM

8. If judges didn't "legislate from the bench" George Bush wouldn't have been president.

Watching this last night, it was rather reassuring to me that my assessment of Christine O'Donnell as truly a stupid person was right on target. She came off even dumber and more illogical than expected. And she got spanked in the debate. Even on FOX news this morning they were mea culpa-ing her extrodinarily weak performance.

She's an idiot. And it's sad that this woman has gotten this far. What is with these tea party people that they feel their anger allows stupid dopes to run the country. That is how little they think it takes to make decisions that affect this country? You can work as a greeter at Walmart and be an effective Senator (sorry to slight Walmart greeters, most have far more common sense that this O'Donnell person, or say Sharon Angle.)

And as far as being Constitutionalist... most of these people have never read much less understood the Constitution. Even Sarah Palin thinks the first amendment allows her to say anything without criticism, because if you criticize her you're trying to take away her first amendment right to free speech. (No, Sarah, dumpling, I'm just calling you to the carpet for being an idiot.)

Time for all these dumbasses to crawl away back into their foreclosed houses and welfare checks. Because that's Christine O'Donnell's world before being plucked from obscurity by the insane and shoved ill-prepared into the national spotlight.

Bye-bye.

Posted by: Bart | Oct 14, 2010 8:54:51 AM

9. Christine O'Donnell, Sarah Palin, Jan Brewer, Valerie Jarret, Michelle Bachman.

I hate women.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 14, 2010 9:24:32 AM

10. "During another moment, O'Donnell was asked if there have been recent Supreme Court opinions to which she objects. O'Donnell was stumped"

Ah yes, another one of those meany MSM gotcha questions. They did it to SP and she couldn't think of any either. You don't even need to name the case, just the decision. For instance, the recent decision which allows municipalities to declare eminent domain for the sole purpose of "economic development" (i.e. because a local business person contributes to their re-election campaign). H-E-L-L-O! I think most people would agree that was a bad decision and will likely be revisited.

Posted by: Keith | Oct 14, 2010 9:26:34 AM

11. If the military were really regulating (sexual) behavior, they would be prosecuting a lot of unmarried members who are having sex with other unmarried people. Yes adultery is not condoned (although it may be ignored in some cases) but non married members are free to have (heterosexual) sex with other unmarried individuals. Although when I was growing (as a Catholic) that was still adultery.

Posted by: Jim | Oct 14, 2010 9:30:27 AM

12. Not for nothing but what she said goes to prove that DADT is a moot point. If the military already regulates personal relationships it doesn't matter if they are gay or straight relationships. Any sex among soldiers isn't allowed, so any good solider won't be engaging in any inappropriate behavior anyway.

All this is is another case of Republicans parsing words while ignoring facts and outrageously blatant inconsistencies to suit their agenda. Once again, the hypocrisy astounds me.

Posted by: MT | Oct 14, 2010 9:32:34 AM

13. And I thought Palin was the Queen of Rock Stupid. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Along comes O'Donnell, Brewer and Angle.

Posted by: NancyBoyDrew | Oct 14, 2010 10:27:50 AM

14. Keith Said: "Thankfully, she's so far behind in the polls, she doesn't stand a chance. Angle on the other hand, is a different story. Hopefully, there will be enough stoners in Cali that will come out to vote and put Reid over the top."

Actually, the Angle/Reid race is Nevada. California's watching out for Boxer/Fiorina.

Posted by: JANIMAL | Oct 14, 2010 11:47:50 AM

15. ....Legislating from the bench!? Do you know ANYTHING!? Do you know what checks and balances are!? Go die, get out, you aren't me.

Posted by: ila lwara | Oct 14, 2010 12:11:36 PM

16. Christine O'Donnell, Sarah Palin, Jan Brewer, Valerie Jarret, Michelle Bachman.

I hate women.

POSTED BY: DAVID EHRENSTEIN
    ..............................
    Sandra Day O'Conner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Hillary Clinton, Barbra Boxer, Patti Murphy, Diane Feinstein.

If that was an attempt at humor you missed by a mile. I do know many men who hate women, especially gay men, and it's sad. I hate stupid people, male or female.

Which brings me to O'Donnell. I never thought in my lifetime I'd see a bigger idiot than Sarah Palin running for national office. Now I have. To call her a stupid bitch is an insult to stupid bitches everywhere.

That annoying giggle of hers may work flirting with men, then again she's over forty and not married, but it just makes me want to smack her upside her head.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Oct 14, 2010 12:12:07 PM

17. Actually, DADT was a policy enacted by Congress, not the courts or the military. As Senator, she may wish to influence social policy through law, and by her answer she indicates that Congress has little role in that regard, and judges have no role. If she were elected, I actually doubt she will maintain that POV.

Posted by: anon | Oct 14, 2010 12:51:54 PM

18. I'm sorry, Christine. You're still an asswipe.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 14, 2010 12:57:18 PM

19. Oddly, I compare Christine O'Donnell serving openly as a Senator to having laws made by a canister of helium.

An almost empty canister.

Posted by: AnotherG | Oct 14, 2010 1:28:38 PM

20. @janimal you're right, my bad. I promise, I wasn't smoking anything when I wrote that. Just bouncing between here and Daily Kos to get the morning news.

Posted by: Keith | Oct 14, 2010 6:57:51 PM

21. Listening to hear speak is kinda like adultery, no? Hmm...

Posted by: RP | Oct 14, 2010 7:16:36 PM

22. I'm going to hire a helicopter to go hunting for Mama Grizzlies? Anyone want to join me?

Posted by: Ted | Oct 15, 2010 1:46:21 AM