Bullying | Los Angeles | News

Watch: The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Sings 'True Colors' for the 'It Gets Better' Project

Lachorus

Chills. Tears.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Great job, brothers! So proud to sing among you!

Posted by: DKnebel | Oct 27, 2010 12:20:36 PM

2. I hate to be so inarticulate, but that was FUCKING AWESOME.

Posted by: JP | Oct 27, 2010 12:37:41 PM

3. Now that's what I call affirming!

Posted by: Henry | Oct 27, 2010 12:42:08 PM

4. Yep. That one got me crying bigtime.

Gay men's choruses are the one real reason I wish I lived in a big city.

Posted by: adamblast | Oct 27, 2010 12:48:55 PM

5. Wow! Amazing!

Posted by: David | Oct 27, 2010 12:54:45 PM

6. fan-fuckin-tastic!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: nic | Oct 27, 2010 1:00:34 PM

7. So many tingles and tears! I love being Gay, I wouldn't change it for the world!

Posted by: Joe | Oct 27, 2010 1:26:32 PM

8. truly amazing.... the tears are streaming down my face out of a place of pure love and joy...

Posted by: Rick | Oct 27, 2010 1:29:34 PM

9. Beautiful.

Posted by: Frank | Oct 27, 2010 1:39:26 PM

10. Thank you so much for posting this, Andy. It was an amazing experience shooting this video. If it saves one life, it was worth it.

Posted by: Gayashi | Oct 27, 2010 1:40:57 PM

11. OMG!! That gave me chills and i'm having a hard time fighting back the tears!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Posted by: Matt | Oct 27, 2010 1:48:35 PM

12. People everywhere are using Dan Savage's "It Gets Better" project exactly as it was intended . . . to raise the Web profiles of those who take part in it. As for actually helping put a stop to anti-Gay bullying, who really gives a f*ck about that?

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Oct 27, 2010 1:49:12 PM

13. This is the previously scheduled point at which we rise to the bait and respond in kind to Stuffed Animal.

Or not.

Thanks Andy.

Posted by: MammaBear | Oct 27, 2010 2:08:09 PM

14. Meh.

Posted by: Eric | Oct 27, 2010 2:42:18 PM

15. BRAVO! Beautiful.

Brought me to tears.

I'm with JOE, I LOVE being gay! I Wouldn't change a thing, even if I could!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 27, 2010 3:34:08 PM

16. Wow! A truly inspiring celebration of our rainbow tribe.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 27, 2010 5:52:48 PM

17. Just lovely.

Posted by: pk | Oct 27, 2010 6:06:51 PM

18. Anyone out there contemplating the very worth of their own life, please watch this beautiful video of our friends and know ---it get's better!

But please, try to avoid reading too many more of the gay blogs right now. It's election season and people are using us ...again... for their own gain. They just don't understand us. We're not a threat to them. They are the ones who are confused.

Turn the computer off. Find a project, a purpose for your next few months. Join a volunteer organization. Travel the world. There are so many misfortuned people out there. We are not alone in our feelings of not being wanted in this world.

You can make your decision any time. I believe it is my ultimate privelege to decide where and when I check out in this world. With that in my posession, I keep going day by day.

In my travels I have seen so many people so much less fortunate than I that somehow have such strength to keep on going. My own strength lately lies in making things better for them also. It's a drop in an ocean of needy people but it makes a huge difference to those around me.

Often we only see our own situation and fail to see the global vision that we, as outsiders, have such a unique perspective to share and contribute to make this world a better place for all people who have been kicked to the wayside, gay or straight.

We have a greater purpose on this planet. Suck it up and keep going. Get involved. See the world. It will open your teary eyes and give you strength you never thought possible.

Posted by: castaway | Oct 27, 2010 6:13:04 PM

19. Beautiful. So much love for these people making a positive difference.

Posted by: Brad | Oct 27, 2010 6:16:47 PM

20. Amazing!!! I work with a group of 15 LGBTQQA youth and I'm showing them this to them tomorrow.

Posted by: Steve | Oct 27, 2010 9:40:11 PM

21. just, WOW!!! can't believe how easy it is to tear up at the beauty. unfortunately, even at 51 years old, I remember the taunts and altercations, all thru school, no matter how much I tried to fit in.

but, it does get better...

Posted by: jsb | Oct 27, 2010 9:57:28 PM

22. Thank you for posting this video. So many of these "It Gets Better" videos have made me emotional, this one especially. I am so proud to be a part of a community that can rise above hatred (internal and external) and lift up people with creative and thoughtful expressions of love and support.

Posted by: Brad | Oct 27, 2010 10:23:20 PM

23. Thanks for posting
    And let the sad cynics wallow in their own misery
    Alone

Posted by: Chuck | Oct 28, 2010 12:56:29 AM

24. gawd ... Doesn't anyone else find it overly tutti-frutti? It's getting worse

Posted by: They're Tryin' Too Hard | Oct 28, 2010 3:28:07 AM

25. Thank you for creating this chorus. Thank you, Andy, for posting it. I've had a good cry this morning.

Posted by: IAWrangler | Oct 28, 2010 9:30:19 AM