Music | Music Video | News

Watch: Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'

Whipmyhair

It appears that the Jackson Pollock of Scientologist spawn has a hit on her hands.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Devo and Rhinanna had a baby! Surprisingly good!

Posted by: Dallas | Oct 18, 2010 9:29:40 PM

2. Totally cute! However, it's ridiculous that this would be in the adult charts. They need to separate the charts more obviously, but capitalism wins out every time and thus what twelve-year-olds listen to now counts as chart-topping.

Posted by: Tonic | Oct 18, 2010 9:38:50 PM

3. Catchy song and cute video

Posted by: Jonnyj | Oct 18, 2010 9:41:26 PM

4. Can you say nepotism, boys and girls?

Posted by: crispy | Oct 18, 2010 9:56:26 PM

5. Tedious. Derivative. Vile.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 18, 2010 10:08:47 PM

6. To make this actually pertinent to this site, I'll add something:

The "teacher" whipping her hair in both the white outfit and the red outfit is transgender dancer Leiomy (http://twitter.com/leiomy) of the America's Best Dance Crew competition group Vogue Evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_Evolution).

(This was pointed out via ONTD http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/52225224.html)

That said, this song is annoying.

Posted by: White Label | Oct 18, 2010 10:17:28 PM

7. After you watch that, watch this: (The original Sesame Street version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpFde5rgmw

THEN watch this remix with Willow's song done by the Muppets. I can't stop crying from laughter. This is my new happy place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4AVd8El-QY

Posted by: Chad | Oct 18, 2010 10:22:22 PM

8. Not a fan of anything hip-hop sounding, even by a child.
    Sorry.

...and yes, I actually watched the whole thing.
    ugh.

Posted by: marc | Oct 18, 2010 10:35:44 PM

9. "do me, do me, do me"

Finally, a song for pedophiles.

Posted by: BobN | Oct 18, 2010 10:37:58 PM

10. This crazy video almost gave me an epileptic seizure and can prompt severe heart palpitations.... I know I am getting old but damn that was too much after 60 seconds...

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Oct 18, 2010 11:08:28 PM

11. I couldn't get through half of it.

Prediction: in coming months, at least 10 kids will dip their hair in household paint, whip it around, eat it, and end up in the hospital. The other 10000 kids who do this will cause hundreds of dollars of damage to their homes.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 18, 2010 11:10:11 PM

12. is that cum spraying off her hair?

Posted by: mike | Oct 18, 2010 11:15:05 PM

13. Seriously? This is what you think is relevant and newsworthy to a gay audience?

This obviously self entitled child of nepotism and her lack of talent are a waste of time and energy.

I loose more and more respect for your content editor when you post such rediculous and irrelevant videos and articles.

Seriously? geez......LAME Towleroad!!!!

Posted by: BDC | Oct 18, 2010 11:43:29 PM

14. really? hating on a 9yo? ...its just music...what were you doing at 9? and again if you don't like it here please leave you won;t be missed the rest of us we get along just fine without your constant dumbfuckery

Posted by: epic | Oct 18, 2010 11:50:21 PM

15. That was really cool. And the song is ridiculously catchy. This girl is going to be a huge star.

Posted by: Balbo1 | Oct 19, 2010 12:12:34 AM

16. I see a lot of negative comments...you all must be bald.
    *continues to whip hair*

Posted by: Josh Wilson | Oct 19, 2010 12:16:16 AM

17. It's fun if you're a kid.

What's interesting is that it had to be a 3 or 4 day shoot with a few set builds, a pretty big cast, and a bunch of lenses and filters. It had to be a 400-600K exercise. You can bet that they are expecting this to be huge, as there ain't no way record companies are putting that much money into something in 2010 that they aren't prepared to flog to death. They will push her until she is huge.

Posted by: JP | Oct 19, 2010 12:17:31 AM

18. BDC

rediculous = ridiculous

coming from a horrible typer, DUDE! LOL it takes away from ur rant when u have spelling mistakes

That said, it is andy's site which has been going for years now so obviously he does something right. go start u'r own site

--------------------

Will smith was a corporate creation of a non threatening rapper to sell to white folks, i seriously doubt his daughter is anything more than a corporate creation to sell to kids and white folk of "non threatening" black music

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Oct 19, 2010 12:20:10 AM

19. I was just about to write a bunch of nasty stuff , but, I was too busy whippin' my hair back and forth my hair back and forth!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Oct 19, 2010 12:20:42 AM

20. Im going to jump in here and say I like the song. Its catchy and fun, like most music in EVERY genre that people like, happen to be.

Although I can't understand what she says during the verses, but somehow, I don't actually think it matters. and she has way more energy in her video performance than rhianna and Katy perry combined.

and to Marc, of course you wouldn't...

Posted by: B | Oct 19, 2010 12:24:51 AM

21. All the stupid comments on here do not surprise me at all. This song was not MADE for you bitter cunts. It was made for kids, by a kid. It's fun and catchy and family friendly. If Madonna had released this, you bitches would be creaming your Depends.
    To paraphrase Prince: Shut the fuck up, already! Damn.

Posted by: RW | Oct 19, 2010 12:31:30 AM

22. Well gee faggots sorry it isn't Lady GaGa or some WHITE kid.

DUMB COCKSUCKERS!

Posted by: Sebastian | Oct 19, 2010 12:33:44 AM

23. Looking at Sebastian's comment: No really, we need a commenter system overhaul on Towleroad. There's a thoughtful critique regarding race and mainstream gay media attention to be had, but this isn't it.

Andy, please institute some sort of registration procedure for commenters along the lines of Disqus or other programs. It would keep folks accountable, and reduce the ridiculousness of the commenting sections here.

Posted by: TomSkylark | Oct 19, 2010 1:10:25 AM

24. Are you people completely and utterly out of your minds?

She is NINE YEARS OLD. The video is clearly and blatantly presenting her as a sexual object of desire. I have enough problems when I see 16 year olds dancing like this, but from someone who hasn't even reached double-digits? I need to find Will and Jada and SMACK them.

Stop deluding yourselves. This is not "family friendly" or kid-appropriate. And no, I'm not some closed-minded puritan. You know the scene in the film "Mean Girls" where the little sister is dancing to Kelis? That's what this reminds me of, times a thousand.

Posted by: Andrew F | Oct 19, 2010 1:14:58 AM

25. Andrew F you're an idiot. I see nothing wrong with this video...just a little girl with cutesy things on her nails and eyelashes and big hair and fun outfits. She's clearly a girly girl that has talent and likes to dance. Chill out dude.

Posted by: adam | Oct 19, 2010 3:07:29 AM