Bullying | Cam Gigandet | Cher | Christina Aguilera | News | Stanley Tucci

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: The Cast of 'Burlesque' — Cher, Christina Aguilera, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet — Speak Out on Anti-Gay Bullying

Burlesqu

Earlier this month we sent Towleroad's Josh Koll to talk with the cast of Burlesque — Cher, Stanley Tucci, Christina Aguilera, and Cam Gigandet. While their discussion of the film was much like what you've seen in plenty of other interviews, we thought we'd highlight what they told him about another topic that has saturated the news lately — bullying.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check out Nathaniel Rogers' review of the film here.

Josh Koll also writes the blog Josh & Josh are Rich and Famous.

Burlesque1

Comments

1. What the hell is happening to Christina Aguilera? She is starting to look like a puffy Kardashian (NOT a good thing)!

Posted by: Rovex | Nov 25, 2010 11:08:37 AM

2. Well, they're both Armenian...

Posted by: Justin | Nov 25, 2010 11:25:09 AM

3. My mistake.

I thought you said Cher & Kim Kardashian.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 25, 2010 11:26:12 AM

4. Good for them for lending their voices to the anti-bullying project.

Question: Does anyone else get the idea that Cam Gigandet's next stop is to audition for Star Trek 2.0, The Sequel?

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Nov 25, 2010 12:26:35 PM

5. Of course, the message is greatly important, so kudos to the cast for their obvious sincerity on the subject matter - these aren't stars jumping on a bandwagon. And I won't ever comment on any singer/actor with a weight problem - that sinks to Perez Hilton territory.
    But I watched a DVD screener of the film and
    I will say that I just wish that the film was NOT the worst film of 2010. And, oh, it most certainly is. It's not even fun trash/camp in the vein of SHOWGIRLS - it's just brain-atrophyingly and stupefyingly awful. I was hoping to be entertained. Instead I felt violated - and not in the good way.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Nov 25, 2010 1:34:16 PM

6. Opinions are subjective Jeffrey thats whats so great about life...

Posted by: Tagg2 | Nov 25, 2010 3:19:58 PM

7. Justin, mmmm Armenians! Hot.

Posted by: Max | Nov 25, 2010 3:45:20 PM

8. I've got such a Thing for Cam Gigandet & his perky lil ears! Only reason I'd watch a musical.

Posted by: MoJo | Nov 25, 2010 4:25:49 PM

9. Oh no, someone put on weight. Let's drag them down and stomp on them. Sizist bullshit.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Nov 25, 2010 4:52:51 PM

10. Don't care how bad the movie is, I'd watch Cher painting her nails and just telling stories.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 25, 2010 7:07:20 PM

11. someone can check me out on this but i seem to recall cam, who is devastatingly sexy in this movie, being an uber christian, and not in a good way, so his mouthing of anti bullying advices doesn't sit well with me. i try not to think of it when i am looking at him dressed in his vest and bowler.. or his boxers.

Posted by: jack | Nov 25, 2010 9:38:46 PM

12. I wish this were overheard in the theater.

What is this shit? A movie? What do I wanna see a movie for? Cher? Who's that? Some old tranny whore. So what do I care? Does it come with vomit bags--the bags that you vomit in rather than vomit on yourself or people nearby?
    -----------------

I can only imagine that rectal cancer would pale in comparison to watching burlesque. No, scratch that, rectal cancer wouldn't be relief so much as mercy compared to enduring what, two hours of vogue mugging and second rate "dance moves," and fifth rate vocals from washed up old hags and their sad desperate and young actor friends who have spent so much time on the casting couch that they have rug burn. Not catty enough? Just make sure that this movie has an exit strategy that consists of a gun with a single bullet in the chamber.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 25, 2010 9:42:13 PM

13. I loved Burlesque. It was entertaining and a wonderful holiday movie. And Christina & Cam are my new fave on screen couple.

Posted by: E.P. | Nov 25, 2010 9:56:39 PM

14. Holy crap... Cam is a total hottie! I think I could be in love :P (Well, lust. LOL).

I've only ever seen him in that crappy Twilight make-up...

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 25, 2010 9:56:57 PM

15. PS Stanley Tucci's comment was SPOT ON. Yeah, we're moving forward, but as we move forward, the bigots are going to ramp up their efforts, too. They're going to lose in the end, but we have to be vigilant in the meanwhile.

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 25, 2010 10:14:08 PM

16. @JACK: I know Cam Gigandet's sister and brother-in-law. It would shock the hell out of me if either one of them told me he was uber-Christian. Besides, he and his girlfriend are not married, but they do live together and have a baby out of wedlock--not the typical behavior from Christians who are judgemental and moralistic. I think you can feel free to worship Cam in a vest and bowler...or in boxers...all you want.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 25, 2010 10:16:08 PM

17. Tank, please go fuk urself and go away.

Posted by: LG Wilson | Nov 26, 2010 3:24:24 AM

18. What a surprise... on the topic of bullying, these celebrities are AGAINST it. Except for Stanley Tucci's insightful comment, these interviews are a waste of space. All participants look like they're bored to death with these endless publicity junkets and stupid questions.

Posted by: Ingmar53 | Nov 26, 2010 4:54:14 AM

19. LOL, Tank. You can be a horror, but you SHOULD have your own blog.

Posted by: JT | Nov 26, 2010 5:02:55 AM

20. Well, as Gomer Piles would say, "Surprise, surprise!" Guess who got some free tickets to a special screening of Burlesque tonight? Yep... yours truly. They had a raffle at, of all places, my local neighborhoods Applebee's! And I won two tickets! I know what to expect... a plot with holes you could drive a truck through, acting that would shame a junior high drama teacher, lots of boas, tons of fuckin' sequins, and all kinds of young closet cases prancing around trying to act like they're into female breasts. But it'll be worth putting up with all that shit to see my Cher in all her big-screen glory!!! Tonight this queen is gonna party like it's 1969! And there's nothing you jealous bitches can do about it!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 26, 2010 7:58:03 AM

21. I am so tired of the same gay friendly movies being hit on to speak about bullying...did anyone speak to the cast of Harry Potter or Dewayne Johnson while he is promoting his new movie...by not addressing this to a WIDER spectrum it is just another safe conversation...

Posted by: True Words | Nov 26, 2010 9:45:12 AM

22. Why movies? Why not ask Tom Brady to speak out or Michael Vick?

When you get football players and ministers (yes, there are some) to get on board then you will have the target audience.

It's not people who go to see Harry Potter that you need to worry about.

Posted by: Rin | Nov 26, 2010 10:32:19 AM

23. "Well, as Gomer Piles would say, "Surprise, surprise!" Guess who got some free tickets to a special screening of Burlesque tonight? Yep... yours truly. They had a raffle at, of all places, my local neighborhoods Applebee's! And I won two tickets! I know what to expect... a plot with holes you could drive a truck through, acting that would shame a junior high drama teacher, lots of boas, tons of fuckin' sequins, and all kinds of young closet cases prancing around trying to act like they're into female breasts. But it'll be worth putting up with all that shit to see my Cher in all her big-screen glory!!! Tonight this queen is gonna party like it's 1969! And there's nothing you jealous bitches can do about it!"

No, I didn't write that. C'mon, applebees? I've never been to one. Ouch!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 26, 2010 1:35:43 PM

24. So the plot & dialogue were predictable...who cares? I love Cher, and as Bobby said, I would watch her do anything.

It was campy fun and my friend & I had a blast.

And, oh yeah, every time Cam was on screen, I swear the temperature rose in that theater.

Posted by: Rick56 | Nov 27, 2010 9:38:47 AM

25. why are there so many bitchy queens in this world. We have a movie with two of the biggest gay icons, and automatically queens have to find something wrong with it. I don't get it. And on top of that...they are trying to speak out against a topic that is very serious...and you people just put them down.
    I would love to see you put your heart and soul into a project and have someone criticize it. seriously.

Posted by: paul | Nov 27, 2010 11:09:48 PM