Chris Colfer | Darren Criss | Glee | News

BigGayDeal.com

Glee's 'Teenage Dream' Darren Criss on Whether He'll Kiss Kurt

Criss

Darren Criss, who plays Blaine from Dalton Academy for Boys on this week's much-anticipated episode of Glee (see Glee's Teenage Dream), won't say if the story arc he's involved in leads to physical intimacy with Kurt Hummel, but he's certainly for it

"Honestly? That would be the coolest thing ever! If you’re going to have a kiss like that on TV it might as well on the biggest show on television. Go big or go home. It’s really fun to get all 'aw, who’s going to kiss who?' I don’t know. I’m more concerned about the characters and them finding what they need, or what they deserve. If they do end up having some kind of romance or intimacy, but that isn’t going to be what’s going to be awesome about whatever relationship they end up having. I’m really happy right now that Kurt has a friend that he feels he can relate to, someone who is out and proud of it."

Criss says he doesn't know how long he'll stick around either:

"I don’t. Wish I did, then I could stop freaking out over whether or not they want me back! I don’t know. I hope I’ll be back, if the audience likes me.  I think he’s a cool character, I’m really not objective, he’s an interesting character—an interesting force to have on this show. Whatever happens I’m grateful to be on the show."

Watch Criss talk about his character with E! in late October, AFTER THE JUMP...

Read the full interview with Criss here.

Comments

1. That's easily the best answer to the 'gay kiss' question that I've ever heard. I'm smitten, and the episode hasn't even aired yet.

Posted by: Andrew | Nov 8, 2010 5:47:03 PM

2. I'm so looking forward to the show this week!

Posted by: Dave | Nov 8, 2010 5:47:13 PM

3. Criss is very well spoken, I hope he finds more work on the show, as well as elsewhere.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 8, 2010 5:57:46 PM

4. I just want Kurt to not pine after straight guys (yes, it happens, I do it, but I'm tired of his character arc being devoted to it), so if Darren's character helps him that way, it's all good.

Can't wait to see the episode.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Nov 8, 2010 6:00:04 PM

5. damn, that kurt is lucky. criss is foiiiiiiiiiiine

@patrick: agreed. he's very well-spoken!

Posted by: redball | Nov 8, 2010 6:39:09 PM

6. Articulate, talented and cute as a button. Yum!

Posted by: Pinky | Nov 8, 2010 6:47:23 PM

7. Personally, I don't see what is behind the hype. I don't see how this can be a meaningful story if we haven't even been introduced to the character yet.

Though hopefully he'll stop being a creepy stalker/ tragigay.

Posted by: Chris | Nov 8, 2010 6:56:25 PM

8. I am MOVING to OHIO!!

Posted by: tonyc | Nov 8, 2010 7:30:24 PM

9. If you want to see Criss on Youtube, look up HP The Musical- a Harry Potter spoof musical.

Posted by: Chrissypoo | Nov 8, 2010 7:41:16 PM

10. I sincerely hope that Blaine's character will continue to appear on Glee - I'd be really sad if his character disappears like some of the others have. It looks like he's got a lot of awesome potential, and I hope the show uses that wisely.

Posted by: Ty | Nov 8, 2010 11:08:28 PM

11. He sounds like a great guy - in lots of ways. On a purely subjective level, he looks sooooooo much cuter with the short hair that he has on the show. He should keep his hair like that!

Posted by: gr8guyca | Nov 9, 2010 12:34:36 AM

12. @GR8GUYCA, haha I was just thinking how much better he looks shaggy (longer hair even, like how he looks on his MySpace music page). Adorable either way, and it seems like he has a good heart.

I do hope this storyline has legs, it would be a real shame if they just kept them as "BFFs" and didn't let poor Kurt there finally get a leg over. I think the entire rest of the glee club has already gone heels-to-jesus (or the analog) so Kurt is due for a shag. Or at least some heavy petting (do the kids still call it that these days?)

Posted by: naughtylola | Nov 9, 2010 7:21:55 AM

13. GO CATS!!!

Posted by: thomas | Nov 9, 2010 9:50:17 AM

14. @TONYC:

You really should re-think that.

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 9, 2010 11:15:13 AM

15. TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! Cannot wait! I had to pine away at straight boys all through school, which is frustrating. To see this really makes me feel happy.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Nov 9, 2010 1:18:16 PM

16. He's adorable, but I knew there was no chance he was of high school age. He's 23, which I guess is par for the course for Glee.

Ryan Murphy certainly knows how to bring in hot new male cast members!

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 9, 2010 3:27:25 PM