Fashion Men | Lady Gaga | News | Nicola Formichetti | Thierry Mugler

Lady Gaga to Debut New Track at Thierry Mugler Show Wednesday

2_muglerMugler

Lady Gaga is starting to roll out sounds from her new album. She'll begin this week:

Nicola Formichetti, the new creative director at the Thierry Mugler fashion house and stylist to Lady Gaga, has tapped the pop sensation to create an exclusive soundtrack for his men’s wear show in Paris on Wednesday.

He told WWD that Gaga would be "musical director" for the show, among the most anticipated debuts of Men's Fashion Week, which runs through Jan. 23 in the French capital. Word has it she will remix a never-heard track from her forthcoming album, due out in May.

Mugler_gaga

Mugler's new Creative Director and Gaga stylist Nicola Formichetti has been tweeting preview images from his first show for the past week (click top images to enlarge). Given the images, it seems right up Gaga's alley.

One more shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

interview writes: "The line is titled 'Anatomy of Change,' and the first photo is eerie and rife with references: the angle, pose, and features of the model call to mind a Greek warrior, while the shiny gloves and leather jacket are unmistakably modern."

In related news, Michael Musto reports on Gaga's new video: "I hear Gaga's people were at Alannah Starr's transsexual party earlier this evening, rounding up girls to be in the lady's video, shooting in NYC next week."

3_mugler

Comments

1. its beginning!!!!!!!!!yessssssssssssss!!!!!gaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sal | Jan 17, 2011 7:34:41 PM

2. I'm just getting annoyed with all this teasing and waiting. Just release the damn album.

Posted by: pharmerandy | Jan 17, 2011 11:55:30 PM

3. Transexuals? Why doesn't she put gay guys in her videos? How about some studs from the leather bar? A bit too much for her, apparently.

Lady Gaga is a phony from way back. In my opinion, she doesn't care about gay rights but she does care about exploiting gay people for cash. Observe how she avoids putting gay guys in her videos.

Posted by: mark | Jan 18, 2011 5:52:56 AM

4. Excuse me for sounding cynical but didn't Lady Gaga say that Born This Way was going to be a "gay rights anthem"? Gay means men loving men. If she's serious about reaching out to the gay community, she should show gay men loving men in her video. Or at least sharing a nice kiss.

I won't be holding my breath, however. Everything about Lady Gaga suggests "marketing strategy in overdrive". I don't think she's as gay-friendly as she claims.

Posted by: chris | Jan 18, 2011 6:02:05 AM

5. shut up, MARK and CHRIS...Just shut up. You are such the problem with this world. You read one sentence take it as the truth and are so quick to judge. Why don't you just wait til the videos out...

Posted by: Wonderer | Jan 18, 2011 12:05:55 PM

6. Caca is completely void of any talent. I can't believe gay people fall for her. I hope she dies of a drug overdose.

Posted by: shamro | Jan 18, 2011 4:03:35 PM

7. Mark, I think she's allegedly rounding up transexuals for her videos because it hasnt been done. Christina already tackled men loving men in her Beautiful video and to be honest, nothing will beat that. Gaga has made a career of pushing the envelope. I think the real thing to get all bitter and queeny about isnt the fact that Gaga is choosing to showcase the most underrepresented population of the ever-growing LGBTQIA acronym, but rather why that is considered pushing the envelope.

I don't think Gaga is everything everyone makes her out to be. But I do know that with her fame and popularity she has a strong voice--a voice stronger than most of us ever will have. The fact that she's so outspoken in support of gay rights is a blessing. Regardless of anything else, she's getting people to listen. She may not be as strong of an advocate as someone like Cynthia Nixon (who gives some of the best speeches) but more people will listen to Gaga.

Posted by: David | Jan 18, 2011 11:49:49 PM