Britney Spears | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Listen: New Britney Spears Single 'Hold It Against Me'

Britney

It's set to be released tomorrow, but it has appeared that it has leaked to the web.

Listen before it disappears, AFTER THE JUMP...

01 Hold It Against Me by TheProphetBlog

Comments

1. Oh, dear, she sounds like Ke$ha.

Sort of like an auto-tuned "oink" sound repeating itself over and over.

Posted by: mark | Jan 10, 2011 7:36:25 AM

2. Has gay culture come to this? An announcement of the new Britney Spears single? Heaven help us.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 10, 2011 7:42:58 AM

3. Listen, I'm the last person to defend Britney but her songs aren't going to create a revolution in gay culture, or pop music for that matter, and yet they're fun. Lighten up.

Posted by: mboaz | Jan 10, 2011 9:17:26 AM

4. Mehtastic! I usually find myself liking the initial single less than some of the other songs on her albums though. With the exception of Gimme More.

And I pretty much like nothing pre-Toxic.

Posted by: Wes | Jan 10, 2011 10:57:25 AM

5. FLAWLESS! Haters gon' hate, no surprise there, yea?

Posted by: Toby | Jan 10, 2011 11:34:51 AM

6. "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

So now she's singing bad bar pick-up lines?

Posted by: tranquilo | Jan 10, 2011 12:31:15 PM

7. There is an entire dance break portion of this song that is in the "dubstep" style, which I find to be totally surprising and much more experimental than I'd expect from Britney Spears.

From Wikipedia: Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music, originating from South East London. Its overall sound has been described as tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals.

There is an entire underground culture here in the states that celebrates Dubstep. It's a pretty grungy hipster scene. Wonder if they'll be playing Britney Spears haha

Posted by: Alex | Jan 10, 2011 4:35:46 PM

8. @Alex -- I was taken aback, too, and find it really refreshing (although I hope the actual release isn't nearly so tinny -- probably futile in this compressed day and age).

But dubstep is really mainstream in the the UK, and a lot of hip-pop producers stateside have come pretty close to breaking into it. I think she just got to it before the Black Eyed Peas hahaha. Now, when Rihanna drops some witch house, that's when we should get nervous.

Posted by: marke B. | Jan 10, 2011 8:48:01 PM

9. she is ON FIRE! this single will be a huge success

Posted by: britbrit | Jan 10, 2011 11:55:17 PM

10. I love it! It's so fresh and new. Well done!

Posted by: Mike | Jan 11, 2011 12:01:49 AM

11. BROKE

Posted by: wondermann | Jan 11, 2011 1:58:58 AM

12. Ugh! I hate those bitchy gay that hate Britney Spears because she's Britney Spears. If Beyonce sang this song, you guys would go crazy for it because it not Britney Spears. Thank God the hater are getting old cause the new generation is way better than y'all.

Posted by: Ozzy | Jan 11, 2011 4:47:21 AM

13. If Britney could sing live, I might like her better.

But she sounds like a chipmunk emitting diarrhea, sad to say.

Posted by: mark | Jan 11, 2011 7:17:17 AM

14. Britney's music hardly targets the demographics of Towleroad, so it's not surprising people are hating on her. Then again, I have yet to see one article on this website where the commentary does not spew some sort of hate, so nothing special here. Can't people just be happy for once?

Posted by: Kenny K | Jan 11, 2011 9:27:31 AM