Arkansas | Katy Perry | Music | Music Video | News

Watch: Shirtless Arkansas Dudes do Katy Perry 'Firework' Snow Dance

Arkansas

A group of men from the University of Arkansas present the winter of 2011's most amusing lip dub, to Katy Perry's "Firework".

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What a shame, Not a looker in the bunch.

Posted by: Fenrox | Feb 18, 2011 9:40:45 AM

2. Im surprised there isnt a site or blog devoted to these stupid things by now.

Posted by: Toto | Feb 18, 2011 9:52:56 AM

3. The sad thing is, this is so much better that the new britney video.

Posted by: James | Feb 18, 2011 9:55:35 AM

4. So...they're totally mocking the song's original point, right? I just ask since usually, when I see guys like this act hypereffeminate, it's not because they support gay rights.

Posted by: Ethan | Feb 18, 2011 9:55:57 AM

5. What's with everyone being so cranky this morning?

Looked fun to me.

Posted by: Ray | Feb 18, 2011 10:06:41 AM

6. Mine was a Simpsons line

Posted by: Fenrox | Feb 18, 2011 10:11:45 AM

7. Wow. That was just super creepy. The song is horrible enough without all the weird facial expressions worthy of a band of blood-thirsty serial killers. "The call is coming from inside the house."

Posted by: Bryant | Feb 18, 2011 10:15:49 AM

8. The ginger guy with the goatee is REALLY enthusiastic. Probably a pistol in bed.

This made me happy.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 18, 2011 10:16:22 AM

9. @Ethan: It doesn't look to me like they're mocking the point at all. It just like a bunch of good-looking, young guys using an upbeat song running around town doing choreography and having fun.

Posted by: GregV | Feb 18, 2011 10:18:57 AM

10. I agree with DBACK......just some guys having fun. Made me smile.

Posted by: fred | Feb 18, 2011 10:31:39 AM

11. @GregV: That's good to hear. I guess I should give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I've just spent a lot of time at the U of A and have found its student mentality, especially among the guys, to be incredibly unfriendly towards gay people.

Posted by: Ethan | Feb 18, 2011 10:38:40 AM

12. @GregV: That's good to hear. I guess I should give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I've just spent a lot of time at the U of A and have found its mentality, especially among the men, to be incredibly unfriendly towards gay people (i.e., contra to the whole mindset of the original "Firework").

Posted by: Ethan | Feb 18, 2011 10:42:20 AM

13. Dback, I'll wrestle you for the Ginger.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 18, 2011 10:44:19 AM

14. DBACK - I thought the same thing. Red-haired guy looks like a blast in the sack.

Posted by: Ken | Feb 18, 2011 10:44:36 AM

15. bravo

and there are a quite a few very handsome men in that video - Mr Ginger, Mr Bored, Mr. Muscles --- just to point out a few.

Good job guys having fun.... thank god they seem to get how silly these "fan vids" are.

Posted by: reality 101 | Feb 18, 2011 10:46:44 AM

16. At first I thought wow, isn't it amazing some straight guys from Arkansas can do this kind of thing, what's left for gayboys? Then they started dancing.

Posted by: Kevinvt | Feb 18, 2011 10:48:24 AM

17. AWESOME, until the Chick-Fil-A cup at the end, was that a statement?

Posted by: MARVIND | Feb 18, 2011 11:01:10 AM

18. Looks like fun, but I'm sort of shocked by how entirely out of shape younger generations have become, if this is just a random sampling.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 18, 2011 11:02:35 AM

19. I saw 6 hotties.. but one was SSSSSSSoooo bored.. like his housemates made him do it.

Cute song.. I really dont care if they were staying to the theme of the song.. hot guys w/ no shirts will get my attention anytime.

Maybe we can get em to do the old Weather Girls song.. It's raining men next time... and see them soaking wet stomping in the mud, heheheheee.

Posted by: Scott | Feb 18, 2011 11:03:49 AM

20. Well done, but not really a lipdub - it's not one continuous take.

Posted by: Jack | Feb 18, 2011 11:09:18 AM

21. That was a very welcome alternative to all those Fire Island twink videos, and these beefy fellas are much more my type. Vive la différence.

Posted by: Andrew W | Feb 18, 2011 11:15:21 AM

22. @Ethan: You might have met some homophobic students at U of A, but that doesn't damn the entire student population. You're asking us to accept your generalizations without question. Is it reasonable to judge individual students as individuals?

Posted by: Phil | Feb 18, 2011 11:28:02 AM

23. I don't know about you guys but the first thing that came to my mind was how fun it must be to be gangbanged by these boys. lol

Posted by: allan | Feb 18, 2011 11:31:03 AM

24. Quick- send this to Sean Cody and Chaosmen....

Posted by: Mr. West | Feb 18, 2011 11:38:14 AM

25. @James: You're SO right. WAY better than the Brit Brit video.

Posted by: Mr.Bates | Feb 18, 2011 11:41:29 AM