John Galliano Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Couple He is Accused of Attacking

Dior designer John Galliano has filed a defamation lawsuit against a couple he was accused of attacking in Paris earlier this week. Following the attack, which media reported was anti-Semitic, Dior suspended the designer.

WSJ: Galliano

According to Paris police, Mr. Galliano was taken in for questioning on Thursday after a fracas erupted outside La Perle, in Paris’s hip third arrondissement.

The British designer, who had consumed alcohol, was questioned for alleged violent behavior and making alleged anti-Semitic remarks to two people during an argument, an official said. Mr. Galliano was released after the questioning; the names of the two people weren’t disclosed.

French newspaper “Le Figaro” reported today that Mr. Galliano provided three written statements from witnesses who denied that the designer made any anti-Semitic insults.

Dior’s fashion show is scheduled for Friday.  It is unclear whether Mr. Galliano will take his catwalk bow.

Eyewitness and media accounts of the attack differed greatly.

Comments

  1. shannon says

    They attacked him first! they got what they deserved…WHY can they call people names yet when you something BACK they fall the hell out talking about some religion they stole from Black skinned people ( semites)???

  2. John Farley says

    There’s a new page about this on Facebook – “Save Galliano but help Geraldine Bloch to have a pretty bag” – ROTFL! ” ‎
    It states “Help Geraldine Bloch to have a pretty bag – because a designer cannot see beyond an ugly handbag” and suggests that Facebook users post photos of more stylish handbags for Ms. Bloch so that these altercations can be avoided in the future.

  3. says

    What a waste of talent, and for a reason that could have simply been avoided by keeping his mouth shut/away from the phone cameras. Dior did the right thing by not justifying or excusing his behaviour, but this is just sad.

Leave A Reply