Anderson Cooper | Lady Gaga

Watch: Preview Of Anderson Cooper's Interview With Lady Gaga

Gaga60Minutes

Lady Gaga sits down with Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes this Sunday, and CBS News hopes to wet people's appetite by offering a short preview.

Watch as Gaga discusses who can called her real name, "Stefani," and when, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Enough with Gaga promotion.

Posted by: Matt | Feb 10, 2011 6:56:20 PM

2. She's so cute.

Posted by: Nautilus85 | Feb 10, 2011 7:01:25 PM

3. "to wet people's appetite"

That would be "whet," actually.

Posted by: GrammarQueen | Feb 10, 2011 7:16:33 PM

4. @Nautilus85, I totally agree, though "cute" is not the word that would seem appropriate to describe a woman who regularly wears thongs or Spanx out in public and meat dresses to awards shows. Yet how she can come across as endearing and sweet is kind of a testament to either her acting skills or her character. I choose to believe that it is the latter.

Posted by: Austin | Feb 10, 2011 7:41:43 PM

5. Is Towleroad on Gaga's payroll?

Posted by: Daniel | Feb 10, 2011 7:47:06 PM

6. Seriously. Faggots.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 10, 2011 7:51:53 PM

7. Thanks for posting this and reminding me that this will be on. Gaga, behind all the make-up and costuming, is really a lovely person. I can't wait for this interview. :-)

Posted by: Stephen | Feb 10, 2011 8:13:18 PM

8. Her new song "Born This Way" is a complete ripoff of Madonna's Express Yourself. She is a total scam artist. She hates Gay people immensely.

Posted by: Jeffrey | Feb 10, 2011 8:25:02 PM

9. @Jeffrey Oh that's cool, Jeffery, I guess you've already heard the song which doesn't come out for another 12 hours? And Gaga hates gay people? Thanks for your brilliantly original and insightful commentary <3

Posted by: SKOC211 | Feb 10, 2011 8:47:01 PM

10. That's the most normal she's looked since The Fame.

Posted by: poison | Feb 10, 2011 8:51:56 PM

11. SKOC211, I think Jeffrey is referring to the lyrics, which have been out for weeks, and yeah, it is a retread of "Express Yourself." A really bad retread. The Born This Way lyrics are HORRIBLE. Absolute trash. I think Germanotta stole them from the inside of a 9-year old's Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper.

Posted by: Jay | Feb 10, 2011 8:53:58 PM

12. @Jay The "Born This Way" lyrics aren't even remotely an "Express Yourself" retread. The songs are about completely different things. As a long time Madonna fan I think the constant attacks on Gaga for "ripping off" Madge are hackneyed and ridiculous. I'm honestly fine with you considering the lyrics as being stolen from a nine year old's Lisa Frank trapper keeper - because of course pop stars are regularly regarded for their Wordsworthian poetry - but calling her a scam artist who hates gay people is just stupid. It's ignorant, false, insensitive, and just plain douchey.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Feb 10, 2011 9:06:26 PM

13. There's a real gem under all that glitter... Maybe I like Gaga because I'm a fine artist/painter, and I feel like she's a true performance-artist at heart. She certainly can stir up emotions, but there is no real reason for hate a pop star. She's no Joni Mitchell, but she can sing and she can write her own (hit) songs. I like the idea of somebody like her - adventurous beautiful freak, gay rights supporter, professional weirdo- can be so successful and popular. Lady Gaga is practically Madonna without the legend... give her 10 years she's gonna be an ICON. She's here, she's queer, get used to her! She's trying to change the world for the better through her art, that's quite admirable really.

Posted by: Nautilus85 | Feb 10, 2011 9:19:26 PM

14. @Tank

WTF is your damn problem?

Posted by: qjersey | Feb 10, 2011 9:22:40 PM

15. Oh, and let me tell you something about art; there is nothing wrong with getting inspired by other artists! You can blatantly steal if you want, just use it in a different creative way. Stop bitching about nothing, and learn some art-history. Jeez.

Posted by: Nautilus85 | Feb 10, 2011 9:32:37 PM

16. Y'see, what you do to show your cultural boner-fides is trash whoever is on top at the time. Here's the thing: this one actually sings, plays an instrument, and writes her own music. I'll take it.

Posted by: Kugel | Feb 10, 2011 9:35:16 PM

17. @Kugel "As far as being derivative, please. Every performer takes from the previous generation. What? You thought Madonna emerged from a half shell in the sea mist?"

Couldn't have said it better myself. The attacks on Gaga have been about as derivative as they claim her to be.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Feb 10, 2011 9:39:23 PM

18. A due with Cyndi Lauper would be AWESOME!!

Posted by: Josh | Feb 10, 2011 9:41:10 PM

19. @Nautilus85 It's not the stealing that's the problem. It's the fact that she's claiming inspiration from, and copying great queer artists and icons, and she's producing caca .. CRAP! How do you admire David Bowie or Queen and then write some half-assed pop song? And yeah, her music sounds like cheap imitation Madonna

Posted by: Natira | Feb 10, 2011 9:42:48 PM

20. @Natira. Have you heard Bowie's first album? Pretty spotty. It wasn't "Space Oddity"... and "Hunky Dory" was three albums later. Madonna's first had some great stuff, but nothing to indicate she'd be here in 2011. Perspective, guys. She might flop or be here to stay. Time will tell.

Posted by: Kugel | Feb 10, 2011 9:52:14 PM

21. Ah yes...Gaga CAN'T hate gay people...because she says she likes them, and brings their "culture" to the masses, donates a tiny fraction of her earnings to gay charities, and inspires gays to be themselves (and "being yourself" = shelling out money for songs about bluffin with your muffin).

Similarly, the makers of Blaxploitation films must have had tremendous respect for African-Americans, because, hey... they made films about black people, they employed black people in their movies, and brought black culture to the masses. Only HATERS and IGNORANT people who dont understand ART would think Blaxploitation film makers had little respect for black people.

Posted by: Jay | Feb 10, 2011 9:52:35 PM

22. I'm going to watch; I'm not a big fan of pop music but there's something about Gaga that just strikes me. Some of the haters should listen to her version of "Imagine" that she performed at I think the last HRC dinner-it was the one where Obama spoke. I was blown away by it.

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Feb 10, 2011 9:55:01 PM

23. @Natira Arguing about personal taste is a waste of time. I don't like Queen,and i hate everything Bowie did before the 90's. I'm 25 maybe it's a generational thing...how old are you?

Posted by: Nautilus85 | Feb 10, 2011 9:55:01 PM

24. http://www.ladygaga.com/bornthisway/index.htm

Posted by: I can hardly wait! | Feb 10, 2011 10:17:48 PM

25. @Jay. You have no evidence she hates gay people, and there is contrary evidence that says otherwise. You're rambling.

@Nautiluss. Generation is no excuse. I like Billie Holiday and Johnny Cash and I can assure you they were well before my time. Give early Bowie (who had like 5 different personas and sounds in 5 years) and Queen another try.

@me. Get off the laptop and pour another glass :)

Posted by: Kugel | Feb 10, 2011 10:17:57 PM