Details | I'm Not Gay | Joe Jonas | News

BigGayDeal.com

Joe Jonas: 'I'm Not Gay'

Joe_jonas

Joe Jonas tells Details the gay rumors aren't true:

5_jonas He won't say whether his album will contain a [Taylor] Swift rebuttal—just that there will be songs about "different love scenarios that I've been through, breakups, hurts. Me hurting somebody and feeling bad about it. I think there's a lot of scenarios where people might wanna hear my side of the story."

But who would break up with Joe?

"Some guy," he says with a laugh.

It's a nod to the gay rumors he's been fending off ever since he got into a verbal altercation with some taunting paparazzi earlier this year.

"There's nothing wrong with being gay," he says now, "but I'm not." Adding to the buzz, he dressed up in a leotard and heels and danced to "Single Ladies"—to comic effect—to square a sports bet with some buddies. He got the idea from his fans. The video of his performance got more than 25 million hits on YouTube.

Though he does like a good comeback, or something like that:

"I like to watch all the crazy characters in the neighborhood," he says. "I saw this gay homeless guy that got arrested. When the cops said, 'Spread 'em,' he was like, 'You'd like that, wouldn't you?'" Joe grins; he likes a good comeback.

A few more photos from the shoot, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_jonas

3_jonas

4_jonas

Via ONTD.

Comments

1. OMG! he's gorgeous. whether he's gay or not, he's still a knockout......

Posted by: tinhouston | Mar 16, 2011 9:19:24 AM

2. Gay or not the guy is beautiful, hot and sexy! He looks much better than he did a couple of years ago. He is much more manly and less teen boy. I do tend to think he is gay. But who knows? Not me.

Posted by: Rann | Mar 16, 2011 9:19:40 AM

3. If he's not gay than i feel sorry for whatever woman he ends up with - she's in for a world of hurt.

Posted by: Tonic | Mar 16, 2011 9:34:28 AM

4. Joe Jonas, like everyone else on Earth, does not have to define himself based on the notions of the Kinsey 0s and 6s. He could very easily be a Kinsey 3.

Posted by: Ioann | Mar 16, 2011 9:42:18 AM

5. The only sign that he might be telling the truth about being gay is those woolly mammoth eye brows...yikes!

Posted by: Ian | Mar 16, 2011 9:44:04 AM

6. Oh please girlfriend - every other day he is shopping in WeHo, hanging in WeHo, and always with his super beefy bodyguard and another constant (male) companion. Mm hmmm.

Posted by: Justin | Mar 16, 2011 9:44:30 AM

7. Good for her, for coming not-out

Posted by: Jerry | Mar 16, 2011 9:52:38 AM

8. 'I'm not gay'. Now where have I heard that before from a celebrity singer? Elton John? George Michael? Ricky Martin? Clay Aiken?

I know it's still hard, even today, but mary please.

Either way he's hot, has a great basket and it will be fun when he does his mea culpa tour and People cover.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 16, 2011 10:16:07 AM

9. I'm not going to comment too much on this, solely for the fact that many a celebrity have professed their heterosexuality, only to be outed down the road. Someone like Jonas, whose fans mostly consist of tween girls and who has a "wholesome" image to protect, isn't going to be honest in a still hostile world. Ultimately, it's just all talk, only he and the people he's been with know the truth.

Posted by: Francis | Mar 16, 2011 10:17:53 AM

10. It's hard to argue with pretty like that.

This confirms what I was telling people while the Jonas boys were first doing their teenybopper crap. "Just give them 10 years."

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 16, 2011 10:18:02 AM

11. He did famously date a Taylor Swift, and seems like she would out him in a second in a song, if was gay.

Posted by: Really | Mar 16, 2011 10:28:03 AM

12. IAN and all eyebrow hating queens

go date girls if you don't like thick eyebrows

MEN have thick eyebrows and thick eyebrows are sexy. The thicker the better and more manly

tweezed, tweeked, thinned eyebrows are for girls and those who like pussy

Posted by: [email protected] | Mar 16, 2011 10:29:39 AM

13. @MSTROZFCKSLV: I second that! I love full, bushy eyebrows!

Posted by: Michael W. | Mar 16, 2011 10:39:38 AM

14. I think the lady doth protest too much.

Posted by: Tom in COS | Mar 16, 2011 10:40:58 AM

15. Dear Joe,

See: Martin, Ricky.

Period.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 16, 2011 10:41:57 AM

16. Okay, he's not gay, just gay-ish. Let's go with that -- gayish.

For now

Posted by: But lovely to look at | Mar 16, 2011 10:43:40 AM

17. I can't read minds but in the past if a goodlooking young man was that comfortable with gays, he was gay. The country has changed rapidly in the past decade, so maybe we are simply seeing more young men who have gay friends and don't need to follow the macho bullshit line. I would hope in the future all people will feel more comfortable and accepting. There will always be haters but once we are mainstreamed they will be the ones forced into the closet. This may be the fundies greatest fear.

Posted by: AUSTIN | Mar 16, 2011 10:47:29 AM

18. am i the only one who doesn't care?

i do think it says someething that he has to make this big statement.

but i don't care. he's vaguely pretty, but less attractive as a person to me now. ah well.

Posted by: just a guy | Mar 16, 2011 10:53:54 AM

19. come on guys. where the hell are your gaydars, HE'S GAY. its sad, that he is denying it but he is still very young and in a tough public business. and don't get me wrong, i support his right not to come out, i wasn't out until i was 21. it's gotta be really tough. but lets not fool ourselves like our parents did with us.

he's gay. and yes, very cute!

Posted by: bostonbeat | Mar 16, 2011 10:59:09 AM

20. Oh, sweet santa on a sleigh. if telling us they aren't gay doesn't ruin our fantasies about them, and we aren't going to believe them when they say they aren't, and criticize them for "acting gay" when they say they aren't, then for god sakes, why are we still asking this stupid question of celebrities. If he is gay, why come out? why would he feel the need to come out in order to appease a community who constantly tried to out him?

Posted by: bob | Mar 16, 2011 11:01:01 AM

21. Does he have any talent? or is that not important?

Posted by: anon | Mar 16, 2011 11:04:21 AM

22. "If he is gay, why come out? why would he feel the need to come out in order to appease a community who constantly tried to out him?" Bob

Umm actually it is the press trying to out him. I don't really care but I do think he is gay. As Bostonbeat said my gaydar is working on him. But to say we are constantly trying to out him is ridiculous! It does not affect me or my life. I am only commenting on the story. And to answer your question Bob, yes in my opinion it does matter that celebrities come out...jsut like all of us. Remember Harvey Milk?

Posted by: Rann | Mar 16, 2011 11:22:45 AM

23. He is so symmetrical. that is so sexy!

Posted by: Critifur | Mar 16, 2011 11:35:41 AM

24. Joe,

You are one handsome, talented man. Gay, straight, in between- Be who you are. Don't let anyone tell you, gay or straight, define you.

Best wishes.

Tom

Posted by: Tom | Mar 16, 2011 11:49:06 AM

25. Give the kid a break, already. Sure, it would be nice for all of us, if he were gay, to profess it in a major publication. But that's his call, not ours. How many of us reading this waited to come out in our 20s, 30s, or even 40s. I'm sure before that, we "acted" gay as well but when asked, still professed "I'm not gay"! Joe's still a kid, AND a kid in the public eye, AND a kid from a religious family. I'll cut him some slack and let him know, "It gets better!" How he uses that info is up to him.

Posted by: BuckeyeWxGuy | Mar 16, 2011 11:50:18 AM