Julianne Moore | News | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Julianne Moore to Play Sarah Palin in 'Game Change'

Moore_palin Julianne Morre has been cast as Sarah Palin in the HBO film adaptation of Mark Halperin and John Heilemann’s book Game Change, about the 2008 presidential elections, Deadline reports:

"Directing Game Change is  Jay Roach, director of the Meet the Parents movies as well as the HBO film Recount, which examined the aftermath of the 2000 presidential election with a focus on the Florida recount...Danny Strong, who previously wrote the Roach-directed Recount, penned the script for Game Change. Roach is executive producing, with Strong co-executive producing. So far, Palin has been most famously portrayed on TV by Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live."

This should be entertaining. The book savages Palin.

Comments

1. Pull your trousers up boys, this ought to be good.

Posted by: Andrew | Mar 9, 2011 5:52:36 PM

2. I thought Hope Davis did a decent enough job of portraying Hillary in HBO's "The Special Relationship." Im wondering if she'll reprise the role.

I have no idea who they'd get to portray Obama.

Posted by: AERES | Mar 9, 2011 5:59:56 PM

3. Written by Jonathan from Buffy! :)

Posted by: Jeremy | Mar 9, 2011 6:03:51 PM

4. oscar LOVES biopics and portrayals of actual people. maybe julianne moore will at long last get a well-deserved oscar.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 9, 2011 6:17:51 PM

5. and then i just saw it was HBO...oh well. it'll probably be good but, alas, no oscar for la moore.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 9, 2011 6:19:20 PM

6. Julianne Moore all the way. I just love her because her acting is so good and she seems to be so low key! Absolutely lovely.

Posted by: david | Mar 9, 2011 6:27:05 PM

7. What? Tina Fey wasn't available!

Posted by: RB | Mar 9, 2011 6:35:42 PM

8. @ ALGUIEN - Fret not, my fellow JM fan. There are always the equally prestigious Primetime Emmys and Golden Globe awards that are given out for television performances.

I haven't read the book, but I might just have to check it out now to prepare myself for this movie. I have faith that the director/producers/writers will do the book and the characters justice.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 9, 2011 6:55:40 PM

9. I expect Julianne Moore now will be on the SarahBots' hatelist and no nastiness will be spared in their public frothing about her.

@Drew

Golden Globes are not prestigious. They're known throughout the movie and television industry as a joke decided by 90 easily bribed third-string so-called journalists.

Posted by: Chip | Mar 9, 2011 7:20:20 PM

10. Lovely Julienne playing that shrew? It's like Charleze Theron playing Aileen Wuornos!

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 9, 2011 7:44:46 PM

11. longtime julianne moore fan, here. this should be good. likewise the movie.

*grabbing popcorn*

Posted by: gomez | Mar 9, 2011 8:17:59 PM

12. Another viscous liberal attack on a good person. Libs are evil.

Posted by: ron | Mar 9, 2011 9:43:19 PM

13. Another viscous attack? As opposed to a thin and runny attack? Oh, "vicious". I know a lot of conservatives have trouble with those 'word' things and 'language'. Libs are evil? Well, yes we are definitely evil. Caring about our fellow human, caring about our society, caring about civil liberties, caring about what kind of world our future generations will live in - yes, this is truly evil... from the morally bankrupt and reactionary postures of the neocons, who are *all* about me, me, me and maybe Jebus, if it's not too inconvenient for me, me, me.

Posted by: Justin L Werner | Mar 10, 2011 5:58:54 AM

14. Loved the book. The Clintons,the Edwards,& the McCains also got grilled in it. Wondering who's playing them. Can't wait to see it.

Posted by: scar2 | Apr 27, 2011 11:42:44 AM