Comments

1. Patrick says

I do love the Mama Grizzly beckoning Kathy into her clutches with freshly manicured claws. Reminds me of trying to milk a moose, which is significantly harder than one would guess. I would love to see Kathy’s show, as, even in all her offensive, amazingly scripted routines, she remains smiling and classy… well, about as classy as taking a dump in your prom dress.

2. Spencer says

In the case, Palin is correct. Kathy is way out of line here. Harassing a 16 year old kid, is just not funny. I do not care who’s kid it is, that’s bullying!

Bullying anyone’s child, gay or straight is off limits. As a community, we cannot have it both ways. We must speak out against bullying in any form, when it comes to someone that age. Willow Palin apologized for her remarks, long ago.

At 50 year old woman, who’s calms to be so gay friendly, should be more sensitive about the issue of bullying!

Additionally, what has me concerned, in recent interviews, Kathy has said, “her gay friends” have asked her to bully Willow Palin. I cannot imagine any gay man, in the current environment, who thinks bullying of teenagers is acceptable.

Shame on Griffin… Kathy, it’s just not funny! You’re old enough to know better!

3. Paul R says

Often not a huge fan of Kathy and the interview was far too biased even for a huge liberal like me, but she carried herself very well. When can you ever say the same about Palin?

If a few words and related metaphors, most related to animals (pig, bear, moose, and of course Alaska, taxes, and liberals) were removed from the English language, Palin wouldn’t be able to speak. Not that she does such a great job now. It’s sad enough that people like Britney Spears make tons of money, but at least they entertain people. I’d like to be entertained by Palin, but I’m just saddened—she’s supposed to be a politician, and so clearly is not.

4. deegeezee says

wait, when exactly did Kathy *actually* bully this girl? joking that she was *going* to do it — really not relevant.

Sarah Palin says “bring it,” but yet she only speaks to Fox…

5. Rowan says

Galore, her assistant? Aree you her friend on FB?

Spencer huh? Is 16 in the USA like still a baby? Hasnt she got a baby? I’m so confused by all those daughters that she has!

Plain and her dead eyes, I wouldn’t want to mess around with her in a dark alley.

6. Nelson says

Hey Sarah you’re unarmed in this battle of wits – give it up. Both women are publicity hounds but at least Kathy is honest enough to admit it. Sarah’s just looking for more face time to keep her money making “career” on track. Kathy would be doing us all a favor if she’d simply forget about the Palin’s and let the rest of us do the same.

7. Chadd says

I was disappointed in O’Donnell in this interview. Kathy clearly wanted to talk about the subject of bullying and repeatedly tried to steer the conversation back to that topic, but O’Donnell seemed intent on getting Kathy the comedienne to come out and not Kathy the social activist. All said, I think Kathy handled it well.

However, while I understand that calling out a person for using a derogatory slur is completely understandable, a 50 year old woman engaging a 16 year old in debate is a very fine line. Kathy’s attack should have been aimed at the clear lack of parenting that allows a 16 year old to make such a comment in a very public forum. I am certainly not defending SP, I’m just not sure that going after the teenager was the best tactic.

8. Beef and Fur says

@ Chrissypoo above..wow, what an insightful, well written, lucid and perfectly formulated reply. Spencer has a good point. Answer your phone, irony is calling.

9. Joey says

As someone that is 28, I remember being 16 very well, and at that age you make adult decisions, and statements, and deserve to be called out when you’ve done something idiotic. Her 16 year old is a disgusting bigot that thinks it’s okay to call people f*ggots on facebook, and her family instead of reprimanding their daughter/sister for being hateful, and horrid, made excuses and justified her rants. SOMEONE needed to call her out, and I’m fine with it being Kathy.

10. Me says

Wow why does Kathy seem so upset? I really don’t think it’s the topic, she seems like she just heard bad news or is going through a rough time. Is Maggie okay?

11. SteveATL says

The Palin family CONSTANTLY hides behind the first amendment when making all sorts of offensive, inaccurate, and intolerant remarks namely in regard to gays and the gay community….yet when one of their own acts a fool, foul, and crude on facebook and is called out on it, suddenly they blow a whistle and play victim. That’s the double standard from the Conservative Christian side that is so calculating and never works. Karma always comes around and the Palins deserve what they get.

GO KATHY! You are bright, witty and beyond it, you’re heart is always in the right place. Thanks for being a friend.

12. Ish says

Palin put her children on the front lines when it was convenient for her image, but now she wants them to be left alone? This is your doing quitter.

13. anon texan says

Sarah has clearly pimped her children out to advance her “career”. She made her children available for Kathy’s kind of cruel humor. Any normal parent would FULLY shield her children; which doesn’t mean defending them only when someone on the opposite side might attack, but also keeping them from the airwaves which subjects them to such attacks (this means Discovery Channel, political rallies, DWTS, “abstinence only” PSA’s, etc.). Sarah is a flawed person and a failed Parent. Not new news, tho.

14. says

I am not a big fan of Palin but I am too much more not a fan Kathy Griffin.

Palin was indicted for abuse of power and. …..bullying! She bullied her sister’s ex to the point of being charged, fired. They just want to make celeb gossip.