AIDS/HIV | Brett Easton Ellis | Chris Colfer | Glee | News

Bret Easton Ellis: Chris Colfer and Glee Give Me HIV Fright

Eastonellis2

American psycho. (via twitter)

Comments

1. Dear, BEE.

The comment is neither witty nor insightful, but vile.

Yours,

A fan of American Psycho and nothing after it.

Posted by: Tyler | Apr 14, 2011 7:51:55 AM

2. This is the kind of thing I would expect from Jerry Falwell back in the day. The fact that it came from Ellis is disgusting.
    The Chris Colfer performance that brought on this comment was brilliant! He is still just a kid (only 20) and one of the bravest out performers I can think of.

Posted by: Larry | Apr 14, 2011 8:15:06 AM

3. Someone's trying hard to stay relevant. The media encourages people to make a$$es of themselves by saying things like this by rewarding them with face time.

Posted by: Ioann | Apr 14, 2011 8:21:57 AM

4. He's a little retro blast of the Reagan era preserved in formaldehyde, bless him. The attention seeking tool.

Posted by: ryan | Apr 14, 2011 8:24:16 AM

5. WTF?? Is it 1990 again? Why does it seem like everyday we are taking yet another giant step backwards? The fact that ANYONE thinks this is acceptable is just further proof that our civil rights struggle is flailing badly.

Posted by: gaylib | Apr 14, 2011 8:29:58 AM

6. He's gay, isn't he? Didn't he deny it for years, then admit the obvious? It doesn't really matter; sexual orientation doesn't mean one is or is not an idiot.

Anyway, he's never seemed like anything more than the empty cokeheads that litter his trashy work.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 14, 2011 8:30:22 AM

7. Desperate plea for attention. He ought to be on tour with Charlie Sheen. If he wants to meet up, I'll show him what 28.5 years of HIV looks like while he licks these solid 23" calves!

Posted by: David Phillips | Apr 14, 2011 8:33:26 AM

8. That's funny, when I read his badly written novels I felt like I stepped into a boring pile of dog crap written by a guy who hates women because he has a very, very tiny penis.

Posted by: BartB | Apr 14, 2011 8:40:40 AM

9. I like to think I'm current who thinks they are whom
    But who is Brett Easton Ellis?

Posted by: Rolph | Apr 14, 2011 8:56:08 AM

10. Mr. Ellis certainly is writing like he HAS come down with...something...affecting his need for attention! Ugh-ly moves, American Psycho.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 14, 2011 8:56:09 AM

11. Who? And I'm not being witty and ironic. No really, who??

Posted by: nycmrm | Apr 14, 2011 9:00:44 AM

12. Who?

Posted by: Jim | Apr 14, 2011 9:07:07 AM

13. Always was a lousy writer and apparently still is.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 14, 2011 9:16:18 AM

14. Proving he's LESS THAN ZERO Ellis is obviously auditioning for Becks old job. Someone should remind him that Michael Savage, nee Michael Weiner, sucked cock too.

Posted by: Mikey Mugglesworth | Apr 14, 2011 9:27:30 AM

15. What on earth is Ellis getting at? He's either on a bender or he's blowing farts out of his mouth.

Posted by: brian | Apr 14, 2011 9:34:24 AM

16. What does that even mean? I don't get it. Is he saying that only fem, Broadway queens get HIV? Because that would be the most moronic thing I've ever heard ever.

Seriously, Twitter is the worst thing to happen to famous people.

(And if you don't know who Bret Easton Ellis is, it's probably because you watch terrible TV shows like Glee)

Posted by: crispy | Apr 14, 2011 9:34:24 AM

17. His comments are as irrelevant as he is.

Posted by: matt | Apr 14, 2011 9:37:01 AM

18. One hit wonder does too many hits from his crack pipe.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Apr 14, 2011 9:53:36 AM

19. He's a homophobe left over from an era that should be allowed to die. I knew he had something bad wrong with him when I read his novel GLAMORAMA in which he pretends that everybody in the fashion/modeling business is straight. In that entire book that depicts at least in passing countless real-life gay people, the only two gay characters are the two most sick, depraved people in the story.

He reminds me of how Woody Allen ignores the countless numbers of gay people in the entertainment industry--just pretends that we aren't there!

What is wrong with these sick f**ks?

Posted by: Danny | Apr 14, 2011 10:01:38 AM

20. Cut Brett some slack. Peaking in 1984 is a big burden to carry.

Posted by: MikeMick | Apr 14, 2011 10:03:34 AM

21. rolph and jim i googled him and he wrote

Less than Zero, American Psycho, & The Rules of Atraction

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Apr 14, 2011 10:28:33 AM

22. You forgot my favorite part:

"Posted from my Commodore 64."

Posted by: HellsCook | Apr 14, 2011 10:50:43 AM

23. Who is Bret Ellis?

Posted by: Fireblazes | Apr 14, 2011 10:53:48 AM

24. I thought Ellis was gay (or bisexual) anyway. What's his problem anyway?

Posted by: Bill | Apr 14, 2011 11:06:15 AM

25. No, seriously, who is Bret Ellis?

Posted by: Josh | Apr 14, 2011 11:16:24 AM