GLAAD | Madonna | Maine | Mark Ruffalo | Miami beach | Natalie Portman | Nature | News | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

News: Mark Ruffalo, Dolphins, Miami Beach, FAA

road Wendy's new "natural cut" french fries aren't all that natural.

Mark  road Mark Ruffalo on his acting hiatus: "I was losing my love for it. So I said, ‘I’m done.’ I fired everybody and moved my family out here (Callicoon, NY). I had to make a radical move. The Kids Are Alright was my swan song. I didn’t know what I was doing next."

road Report: Madonna has traded in Kabbalah for membership in the Opus Dei?

road Natalie Portman's body double in Black Swan continues to claim that she did the majority of the dancing in the film.

road The highlight of today's third-annual Miami Beach Gay Pride festival was its parade of dozens of long-term gay couples.

road Fired male BBC editor accused of sexually harassing male colleague.

road Nicolas Cage is arrested on domestic violence charges.

road Hollywood promises at least two more installments of the James Bond franchise.

Pinkdolphins  road Pink dolphins in the Amazon are rivals to some fisherman in Brazil: "The fishermen see them as nettlesome competitors for the catches that feed their families."

road Rainbow flags celebrating Pride Week at the University of Maine have been stolen. Student Affairs rep: "I think some people haven't found their voice so perhaps to show their unhappiness, their confusion, to make a statement they say well this is the only way to do it."

road The FAA to change air traffic controllers’ work schedule rules within 72 hours after another controller is caught asleep on the job.

road GLAAD steps in to make the games at a minor league hockey team more gay-friendly.

Comments

1. Opus Dei? The notoriously anti-gay faction of the Catholic Church? Really, Madonna?

Posted by: Jesse | Apr 16, 2011 8:36:46 PM

2. Opus Dei is vehemently anti-gay & anti-choice

If true that Madonna is interested in joining them or only writes them a check then screw her and any self respecting gay person should ditch anything of hers they have

Posted by: [email protected] | Apr 16, 2011 9:59:33 PM

3. PS

Opus dei supposedly was a big time supporter of Mel Gibson with his anti-semitic snuff flick passion of the fairytale

Did a quick search if ADL had anything on them but only a link to an essay Nostra Aetate: Transforming the Catholic-Jewish Relationship

Posted by: [email protected] | Apr 16, 2011 10:07:24 PM

4. Opus Dei is also a major supporter of NOM. In fact they seem to run all of NOM's social networking. Now that Marinelli took down NOM's facebook page it will be Opus Dei that restores it.

The kaballah stunt was ignorant enough but this is beyond the pale.

Posted by: jake | Apr 17, 2011 8:33:37 AM

5. That doesn't make sense, Madonna was Excommunicated. I am pretty sure that means she can't be a Catholic anymore...

Posted by: RGB | Apr 17, 2011 11:30:32 AM

6. RGB she was not excomunicated

Bishops have called for her to be, but she hasn't been

Even if she was though she could buy her way back in. Indulgences didn't end with the reformation

Posted by: [email protected] | Apr 17, 2011 1:13:55 PM

7. Mark Ruffalo was in Shutter Island and he was hotter than Leo diCaprio.

Posted by: Ruff ruff wuff wuff | Apr 17, 2011 3:13:45 PM

8. In Opus Dei (work of god) you have to hand over all your income and live on their allowance. I don't see that happening any time soon for Madonna. Also they are pretty misogynistic.

But if Madonna could run the organization I think she would be interested in that, for about two months.

Posted by: Where's My Whip | Apr 17, 2011 3:23:39 PM

9. The Madonna-Opus Dei story is from UK paper The Mirror. It's a trashy tabloid. I wouldn't necessarily believe it. If it's true her career will be ruined as all her gay fans flee her.

Posted by: SteveC | Apr 17, 2011 3:29:33 PM

10. Re: Madonna. Freedom of religion, no? Let her believe what she will.

Meanwhile, across the pond...

"'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law"

But I know. It's more fashionable to bash Catholics.

Posted by: Max | Apr 17, 2011 3:43:46 PM